Why the BT buff is good for the game.

When I found out that BT was gonna be activating no matter what now made me happy, here is why:

Cloaked Wraiths doesn’t get to trump it anymore.

It now activates when your oblivious against Freddy.

Insidious Bubbas don’t get to insta down somebody that has BT on them that easily.

Another thing that happens when I run BT is that killers run other undetectable perks like Tinkerer, Trail of Torment.

Sorry killer mains your BT trumps don’t work against us anymore :)

Comments

  • BT should've always been that way anyway, I sure hope the devs don't change anything else to it once it goes live.

  • Now for the downside:

    It promotes sloppy saving because you won't get punished for it.

  • I think it should activate on distance and time.

    "If a Killer is within X distance of a hooked Survivor for X seconds, BT will be activated upon a successful unhook."

    or

    "If a Killer is within X meters of the hook, but has not remained in the radius for more than X seconds, the unhooked Survivor received Endurance, but the Savior receives Exposed for X seconds."


    Either way, this punishes unhooking as soon as the Killer turns his back, which is a dumb and bad play.

  • I think it should have either been distance based or just chased for particular things like Freddy.

    This most strongly effects stealth killers which were the weakest killers in the game anyways.

    This perk was already very strong before this buff. You can cover a lot of distance in 12 seconds which will now are hooks after gate is open borderline pointless since a survivor will get unhooked, have up to 12 seconds of invincibility, they will get a speed burst from hit, and many likely have an exhaustion perk so they will get out.

    Id say some possible changes should be (maybe even just one of these changes)

    -be triggered within a certain range

    -limit the number of times bt is available (every survivor getting essentially 1-3 invincibility hits each game is too much)

    -seperate the perk with one giving same effect before last gen and one being after last gen

    -have BT automatically turn off when within a certain range of exit.


    As it is now there is no reason to not run this perk and it's a must have perk (unless swf where you can coordinate saves more). This is probably the decision I disagree with the most from BHVR


    I play both sides evenly bust to clarify. I just dont like that they made an amazing perk lose its one downside and it has no downsides at all now

  • Can't wait to hit someone as victor only to trigger BT because they body blocked me when I was going after someone else then get ######### kicked because of the 5 second delay nerf.


    GONNA BE FUN GUYS

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I think it should have either been distance based or just chased for particular things like Freddy.

    This most strongly effects stealth killers which were the weakest killers in the game anyways.

    This perk was already very strong before this buff. You can cover a lot of distance in 12 seconds which will now are hooks after gate is open borderline pointless since a survivor will get unhooked, have up to 12 seconds of invincibility, they will get a speed burst from hit, and many likely have an exhaustion perk so they will get out.

    Id say some possible changes should be (maybe even just one of these changes)

    -be triggered within a certain range

    -limit the number of times bt is available (every survivor getting essentially 1-3 invincibility hits each game is too much)

    -seperate the perk with one giving same effect before last gen and one being after last gen

    -have BT automatically turn off when within a certain range of exit.

    As it is now there is no reason to not run this perk and it's a must have perk (unless swf where you can coordinate saves more). This is probably the decision I disagree with the most from BHVR

    I play both sides evenly bust to clarify. I just dont like that they made an amazing perk lose its one downside and it has no downsides at all now

    You can go pretty far in 12 seconds but by the time you get anywhere the time left will be so low the killer can easily wait it out and down you. By the time you go 32 meters, you'll only have 4 seconds left and that's if you run in a straight line and that's the distance that against most killers, was the activation distance of BT. So I think someone running across the map to take hits won't be that effective because it will be pretty easy for a smart killer to play around. There are probably some edge cases where those few seconds are enough to stop someone from going down but that's likely to be a pretty rare edge case.

  • I agree. I also think the duration should be severely nerfed so that survivors can get to safety but not take a hit.

    Or just have a magical piece of code that detects people bodyblocking to punish a killer that isn't even tunneling and punishes them even worse.

  • If anything I feel this will just encourage killers to go for grabs on the rescuer even more.

  • @Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc said:

    When I found out that BT was gonna be activating no matter what now made me happy, here is why:

    Cloaked Wraiths doesn’t get to trump it anymore.

    It now activates when your oblivious against Freddy.

    Insidious Bubbas don’t get to insta down somebody that has BT on them that easily.

    Another thing that happens when I run BT is that killers run other undetectable perks like Tinkerer, Trail of Torment.

    Sorry killer mains your BT trumps don’t work against us anymore :)

    You do realize we can just count to 12 and kill you again?

    Like, congrats for going from 15 seconds to 12... you sure showed us killers, whatever shall we do now.

  • I still think it is just a bit weird how this nerfs stealth for killers, they only really needed to make it work against freddy.