Do BHVR still use the “BHVR Read” post reaction?

While I went to check which of my comments and discussions have received vote-ups, I noticed that I have one BHVR Read:

@Judgement said:

In the approximate year that I have been playing Dead by Daylight, there has always been one question on my mind - why don't BHVR hotfix more often? Why do they wait until mid-chapter unless it's absolutely gamebreaking?

It was shown in the PTB already that they had somewhat fixed the loading screen crashes, and implemented a match cancel if one person fails to join. This is the single most critical issue in the live build that is literally killing the game. I'm an avid fan and lover of this game, but it's come to the point where I've had to stop playing Dead by Daylight because not only am I sick of broken loading screens and incessant crashes, but I don't have as much time recently to play it as I used to. That time that could be spent playing Dead by Daylight, that isn't being spent playing Dead by Daylight, is spent playing other games like For Honor, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Terraria, or whatever else I'm bored enough to play, because not only am I currently finding them more enjoyable, but I'm actually getting the chance to play them and make progress before I run out of time to play them, and I end the gaming session or the day happy that I made leaps and bounds in my skill level, story progression, or whatever else.

If BHVR have already figured out a fix for one of the most critical issues of the game, why haven't they hotfixed it? Why are they waiting to patch it with the mid-chapter patch which is still days, or even weeks, away instead of hotfixing this problem now and keeping the game alive and retaining the player count? Why are they letting Dead by Daylight die and its players suffer and stop playing due to broken matchmaking and critical bugs that are preventing them from playing, instead of fixing it ASAP? To add on to this, why did they bring out a Bloodhunt before fixing the constant crashes and lobby breaks, instead of bringing it out after a hotfix or the mid-chapter?

There's also the Legion blades bug and the multiple killers exploit. These have also both been fixed for the PTB; why don't they release the update to live right now? Instead they put out a warning on the forums - and for a time, ONLY the forums, because it was only later after discussions about people who don't visit the forums that BHVR put out a warning in the game as well to tell players about the punishments of these exploits - when they could have rather hotfixed the bug out even before the PTB was released. What is their reasoning for not patching out these exploits as soon as possible? The least they could have done was disable the Legion's blade add-ons or changed their effects, or literally anything, instead of waiting for mid-chapter when the Legion has been overhauled to patch it out.

You can take a look at any other game developer, like Digital Extremes who run Warframe, or Ubisoft who run For Honor, and see how they handle their games. If there's a critical bug or broken aspect with one of the weapons, fighters, heroes, or the maps, the developers recognise it and try to hotfix it as soon as they can. It might take days, it might take a week, or even slightly longer, but they do their best to find the problem and fix it as soon as possible. For Honor's Black Prior, one of the newest of their heroes, had a broken bash against an out of stamina opponent where a blocked light confirmed the follow-up bash which confirmed another 20-damage light attack, and Ubisoft fixed it within a week. Warframe had a bug with Focus 2.0 Trees, such as Naramon giving increased crit chance to every attack, not just melee, and fixed it as soon as they caught wind. These are just two examples of many things in each respective game that got fixed as soon as possible. Each example was fixed within weeks as they were unhealthy for the game and drove off players or made them unfun to play due to no accessibility to counterplay or power creeps that make the endgame as easy as the early game.

BHVR generally seem to prefer to fix issues with larger patches. Why? Is it because console updates require certification from Sony (PlayStation) and Microsoft (Xbox) and BHVR don't want console players game versions to be left behind while PC goes forward? Is it because it's obscenely difficult to fix Dead by Daylight's bugs due to its infamous 'spaghetti code' problem that everybody on the forum talks about here and there? Or is it due to some other reason?

I, and many other players and forum browsers, want to know the answer to this question; Why don't BHVR Interactive hotfix the game, instead of waiting days, weeks, or months for a mid-chapter patch or new chapter to patch out critical issues?

This post from May 2019, about two years ago, is my one and only post that has received a BHVR Read reaction. I’m curious because you can’t see when a post itself is BHVR Read reacted, but profiles will tell you how many there are.

Do BHVR still use it? Or has it been retired?

Tagged: Mod

Comments