"How do you react?" part 4: Devour hope.

Thought thisd be interesting to do again. So its a normal match doing your normal stuff as a survivor 3 people have been unhooked and you don't think anything of it till BAM your instadowned in chase by devour hope. Normally when i get hit by devour its like "ohhhh ######### here we go!" Devour makes the match pretty fun for me. Its the earned middlegame noed.

Comments

  • I'm just like well I should have done bones. If they get to 5 hook then it well earned.

  • Depends on how many gens are left.

  • By the time DvH takes effect, I usually have done 2/3 bones and I instantly curse my teammates for never looking for totems. I turn on my superior bush mode and become one with nature until I can find the totem or until someone else does. If it's Ghostface, I let him mori me since I love their mori and my totem cleansing averse teammates can all die.

  • I've hardly ever felt robbed being smacked to the floor by an unexpected Devour. It feels like the Killer took a risk bringing in a perk that may be gone within 30 seconds of the trial starting, played decent enough to get at least 3 hooks in AND didn't camp. Devour Hope can win games, I've seen it happen from both sides. But only ONCE in my two-and-a-half years of playing has it made me go "oh sod off". I can't even remember what that match was like.

    I like how the match comes to a grinding halt for the survivors, while the killer gets to capitalise on their EARNED momentum for as long as DH stands. By the time DH falls (if it indeed does), the trial could have shifted entirely into the killer's favour. And I cannot express this enough, it feels like they earned it.

    Compare that to the times I got hit with a NoED that won the killer the game...

  • Considering i almost always solo queue, when I see devour exposed status effect I accept the defeat, but it doesn't feel robbed as if it was with noed

  • It depends on the killer really. Most of the time I enjoy it as it makes the match more interesting and changes playstyle. Luckily I run sprint burst most of the time so it at least gives me a chance to make distance. I just don't greed pallets or loops as much as I usually do so I can at least buy time for my teammates to find totems. Whenever I run detectives hunch I just smile and know it's only a matter of time before I get it anyway.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Thought thisd be interesting to do again. So its a normal match doing your normal stuff as a survivor 3 people have been unhooked and you don't think anything of it till BAM your instadowned in chase by devour hope. Normally when i get hit by devour its like "ohhhh ######### here we go!" Devour makes the match pretty fun for me. Its the earned middlegame noed.

    "Oh no we HAVE to find the totem"

    It's a well-earned NOED the killer deserves it because they worked for it

  • “Well, this game is over.”


    I’ve lost so many games wasting too much time looking for Ruin. Its even harder to win a game when everyone is exposed searching for totems.


    Also just my luck, the killers always manage to hide Devour Hope until the 5th guy is on the hook. So I always see killers camp their slug for the mori

  • As survivor, I grin and think: "Well, this got interesting!", then that totem becomes a priority for me once unhooked.

    As killer, I get a confidence boost, now that the balance of power is firmly in my court until that totem's cleansed.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    By the time DvH takes effect, I usually have done 2/3 bones and I instantly curse my teammates for never looking for totems. I turn on my superior bush mode and become one with nature until I can find the totem or until someone else does. If it's Ghostface, I let him mori me since I love their mori and my totem cleansing averse teammates can all die.


    image.png


    ......

  • I normally have already found it cause I am a hungry little nancy.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    I've hardly ever felt robbed being smacked to the floor by an unexpected Devour. It feels like the Killer took a risk bringing in a perk that may be gone within 30 seconds of the trial starting, played decent enough to get at least 3 hooks in AND didn't camp. Devour Hope can win games, I've seen it happen from both sides. But only ONCE in my two-and-a-half years of playing has it made me go "oh sod off". I can't even remember what that match was like.

    I like how the match comes to a grinding halt for the survivors, while the killer gets to capitalise on their EARNED momentum for as long as DH stands. By the time DH falls (if it indeed does), the trial could have shifted entirely into the killer's favour. And I cannot express this enough, it feels like they earned it.

    Compare that to the times I got hit with a NoED that won the killer the game...

    You understand.

  • Devour hope:

    A perk that can make you go "Oh #########" at Any level of skill,

  • Oh.. a lit totem. Wonder what it was?

  • I'm just excited about the idea of being moried.

  • My first thoughts are usually: "Oh great, Here we go again" or "Well, this should be interesting".

  • "Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I am willing to make"

  • It's a little frustrating, but whatever.

  • @Hoodied said:

    "Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I am willing to make"

    D94QEVsXYAAaw0m.jpg

    Underrated movie.

  • Internally: Crap, I took off small game because I haven't seen many hexes today/am trying to do a challenge and swapped out the perk. We're all gonna die - maybe, probably, highly likely.

    Externally: I start creeping around the map trying to find said totem while avoiding the Killer and tapping gens if needed. I can feel the comical sweat bead on my forehead every time the heart beat gets close and I just hope that everyone on the team is also looking for that dastardly totem that's about to spell out total demise.

    Devour Hope is pretty fun to play against overall.

  • "Man, I wish I did bones."

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Thought thisd be interesting to do again. So its a normal match doing your normal stuff as a survivor 3 people have been unhooked and you don't think anything of it till BAM your instadowned in chase by devour hope. Normally when i get hit by devour its like "ohhhh ######### here we go!" Devour makes the match pretty fun for me. Its the earned middlegame noed.

    I honestly dont get mad at either the only time I got mad at devour was because he had undying and they were 10ft apart and he was 3 genning us. I only managed to get one before he had 5 stacks

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Thought thisd be interesting to do again. So its a normal match doing your normal stuff as a survivor 3 people have been unhooked and you don't think anything of it till BAM your instadowned in chase by devour hope. Normally when i get hit by devour its like "ohhhh ######### here we go!" Devour makes the match pretty fun for me. Its the earned middlegame noed.

    There are two hex perks that, when I see them, will compel me to immediately drop what I'm doing and hunt down totems:

    1)Huntress Lullaby

    2)Devour Hope

  • Hag who Insidious camped the hook outside of DvH range. You decide how I reacted to that. Any other time I'm just "Damn, okay."

  • Depends. If I'm the survivor the killer hits that we find out there's devour, I curse for like five minutes (at least that's how it feels). If I'm not, I'm just like "Oh. Oh no. This is about to get interesting."

  • I gasp. If im with my friends, we all gasp in unison. As people who normally do totems, the act of suffering from Devour Hope has us speechless.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Thought thisd be interesting to do again. So its a normal match doing your normal stuff as a survivor 3 people have been unhooked and you don't think anything of it till BAM your instadowned in chase by devour hope. Normally when i get hit by devour its like "ohhhh ######### here we go!" Devour makes the match pretty fun for me. Its the earned middlegame noed.

    The last time I played survivor, I went against a devour hope Spirit. It was going pretty well, but I literally spent 10 minutes looking for the devour totem, found 4 dull ones, and scoured the entire map for the hex totem while three other blendettes on my team self-cared in a corner. And then I got mori'd before even getting hooked.

    And that's why I don't play survivor