Rank 1 Killer....Finally
with over 950 hours its about time i get this god damn achievement. Of course i used nurse i just wanted to get to the rank before rank reset happens in 4 days.
This journey has been fun. Stressful but fun hell i even met Paulie Esther got my ass handed to me but i met him.
I of course used nurse as this was my first time going to rank 1 Im happy but might stop playing nurse for a bit and go back to trapper or wraith put nurse back on the shelf and just admire her every time i get looped as trapper, flashlight saved as wraith, or decisivly struken as freddy. Will I ever come back once this reset sets in...maybe. Maybe.
p.s my opinon now matters more than everyone elses ![]()
Comments
I used ebony mori multiple times and adapted my loadout constantly to what happened every 2 or so matches.
as survivor i am 6 xD i play on pc so maybe rank reset yea for killer
@Global Very sweet. Congrats on the achievement!
now the real game begins
well until the rank reset xD
Heh yea i was gonna wait till the new cosmetics for the hallowed blight or sooner. Ill just play some survivor and gain some bp.
GG
Watch some killer streamers that have a lot of hours and see how they handle flashlights. you only think flashlights are bs because you don't know how to play around it. watch what zubat or truetalent does, then practice it. i used to think the same way as you until I learned what to do and with the new pick up speed, no problem.
Legit question, is this an achievement people normally struggle with? I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything (upvote for awesome for you), but I can't not get rank 1 and I'm at 200 hours. The first time I even hit rank 1 was with a bottom tier killer with incomplete perks. Like I am legitimately stuck at rank 1 no matter what killer or build I play. It's extremely hard to de-pip.
Either way though, congrats man if this was an achievement you were struggling with.
Slug and/or Franklin's Demise, and emphasize multiple hits before pick-ups. Survivors almost always heal and/or recover their items before attempting anything. You could also add Agitation for actually running people down while carrying someone, but it's probably unnecessary.
Tunneling is extremely strong at higher ranks, as you can erase someone quickly and gain a massive advantage. Camp if you want, though I personally don't have a taste for it, even maining a strong camping killer. There's no denying that it's strong, especially since you can camp/tunnel that hooked survivor, which means at least 2 survivors are not doing generators (one saving, one hooked).
For rank 1 pre-Emblem, I used Pig with:
-NOED
-A Nurse's Calling (optional)
-Make Your Choice
-Hex: Ruin
I never de-pipped while doing it, but got several safety pips--including some with 2 kills and some hooks. (Old system was a little inconsistent on that part. /shrug) I wouldn't say I ever camped, but I did use a final hook as bait sometimes when survivors got bold for saves while NOED was up. I turned a myriad of 0-1Ks into 3Ks with the help of that perk. Play-style, I don't beeline Ruin at the start of matches most of the time. You can end up leading survivors to it, and chances are it's doomed once someone sees it and you can't hook near it.
SWF teams can be difficult. I play some really toxic ones at times. But it doesn't even matter. Nothing to blame not ranking up on. When you're not against a SWF team you just can't afford to lose. Smash solo lobbies and safety pip vs SWF and easy rank 1.
Congrats on the rank 1 though.
See its not other people who struggle with it. I do. Ive learned it takes more time than skill to rank up and i am a very impatient person. Plus its just another one of the harder acheivements that i need to get over with. Getting evil incarnate might be a bit harder but that is an achievement that can be settled in one game not multiple long games that can be bad or good.
Welcome to the struggle.