Hag
Alright, I'll start this off with an honesty - I give Hag a lot of #########. Some certain people reading this will know from person experience of me calling this sweet strawberry jam covered(joke for the most OG of hag mains) sex symbol of a Killer absolute trash. I just want to say sorry to anyone that I may have offended for calling their main that they clearly know is great, trash.
But here is my question that can only really be answered by an actual Hag main - How do I play her? I thoroughly expect that an in depth guide would basically just be Stephen King's It(but hopefully in chronological order), so feel free to make your comment as long as needed to get the most important points across.
Personally, I would like to just see a list of the top few most important things I should focus on with her, but you can feel free to structure your answer however you need/want.
Comments
Key points of Hag :
@Runiver nice. And I assume it is also mandatory to trap areas I expect them to run after being chased away from a gen or hook, right?
You usually try to carry your victims in your area to force people to commit.
I forgot to add one essential point too :
I give hag lessons for exactly this case. When you want I could teach you.
Well it's very hard to explain without visuals...
Runiver did explain a lot, but from what I've seen he also plays kinda as a defensive Hag (strong in the endgame) which is a playstyle I never managed to do, so it's not like you have to be defensive to have great results - although it might be the more intuitive playstyles for a lot of new Hag players.
My playstyle is kinda different. I don't like to stick into one area... I play her the Nurse way - I pressure the whole team with my traps (I know for a fact when they will be triggered, because I was a huge survivor main before, I know all the pathways and behaviours), I use my traps to track during chases (not outside of chases like a lot of newbies do) to know where the survivor is running (non triggered traps = they did not go that way) in jungle gyms and such, I also exploit the huge trigger area of my traps to block paths or to catch up.
But we all have different playstyles. Evil Cynthia traps very close to pallets for examples, he exploits mostly the "camera spin" mechanic.
Eventually you can ask Michi to give you a lesson, he was my first (and best) teacher so far.
I'll link you several gameplay from different great Hags around the web, to give you an idea of several playstyles.
Evil Cynthia:
Space Coconut:
Runiver:
Me:
(until 5'40 ^)
Have fun in the fog!
I'm almost finished with the "How to Hag" video. We're currently working on the trap strategies section, but that's Croquedead and Michi's contribution to the video. I hope it will clear some things up for you when it's finished.
Yes, that's the basic idea - prediction. Start with the most obvious ones - the windows in the main building. They will always run to it.Then you can extand your knowledge to important paths / crossroads, ultra-safe pallets...
After the PTB, it will be easier to trap pallets.
Honestly I just place traps randomly around the map near pallets and vaults and in grass. Make Your Choice is a GOD perk on Haggo.
The issue with this is that:
1. you can't unsure that one teleport = one hit (since you didn't plan how you will use the trap)
2. you didn't think about how to make the spot perfect (exploit cam swing / bodyblock at their best)
3. you can't really predict if this trap will be triggered, and when
Although "unpredictable" might be the word you're looking for, since you're talking about pallets and windows. But to trap just for the sanity of using your power, without really knowing what you're doing (and what you will do), might not be the most efficient way in the long run to learn the Hag.
Don't bother about the grass. She's not the Trapper. Most of the time survivors won't see the trap if they run, the game is quite dark already.
I guess she's not too good since they can crouch and might not even trigger. That's why I place them randomly instead of near a hook or a generator where they'll just crouch.