Clock in for your Rift Shift! (The 9-5 Grind for Rift Point Scraps) Possible Solution?

While I don't know the exact math, I seem to receive about .8 - 1.5 rift fragments per game of Survivor depending upon the length of the game. I'm also not sure what in-game stats causally influence the amount of fragments you earn....

...but holy. jesus. it is miserable grinding the rift to full completion. I had about 20 levels of pure misery after 100%'ing the challenges for both killer and survivor.

Understand that I'm a no-life, basement-dwelling, troglodyte and despite my natural resistance to such attacks, even I can feel my brain slowly seep out from behind my red, crust-laden eyes as it liquifies in my push to finish the final two pages of the rift. (I would have already given up if I weren't such a simp for Claude skins)

Long Story Short: The sheer amount of games it takes to finish the Rift is unacceptable, and borderline unachievable for productive members of society.

Simple Solution: Kill two birds with one stone. Make a burnable offering, obtained from the bloodweb as usual, that grants +10%/20% rift exp per game. Make it stackable or not, w/e is fair. But if you're going to demand such a substantial grind, you need to cede players some type of tool with which they can confront the challenge.

What's even better is that you can make the offering expire after the rift closes. It becomes unusable for future rifts but stays in the player's inventory. This adds some fun additional utility to the item.

Here are the pros, as I see them:

1. Its a blood point black hole (a plus for dev and player)

2. Introduces something new for the collectors to horde (could make multiple rarities just like other offerings)

3.It keeps players sane by giving them some small bit of autonomy in the rift grind process

Comments

  • There's lots of things they could stuff in the gaps in the free track (and replacing those charm recolours that not a single player seems to use) a rift booster like you mentioned, the same thing but for bp (have your own personal double bp weekend!) Maybe another thing that lets you instantly prestige a character one level etc...

    But most of all they have to reduce the grind bc feeling compelled to play dbd even though you aren't in the mood might be good for player amounts in the short term, it's gonna keep burning people out.

  • It is possible.

    I got to Rift level 70 yesterday night.

    Hella grindy, but not impossible. A Rift exp offering would be much appreciated, though.

  • I heard from someone's leak that they we're going to reduce the grind by making it only 500xp to get 1 rift fragment and after each level of the tome you get more at the end (10, 15, 20, 25) I think. I know stuff like that can change last minute but hopefully it gets added.

  • @ThanosPAWG said:

    I heard from someone's leak that they we're going to reduce the grind by making it only 500xp to get 1 rift fragment and after each level of the tome you get more at the end (10, 15, 20, 25) I think. I know stuff like that can change last minute but hopefully it gets added.

    The end of tome rewards is probably the best thing to target. They're still a challenge that takes some time investment to achieve, plus can vary in duration by skill, but isn't as extreme as "play 700 games in a month". Completing the tome at least is a reasonable achievement for a committed player even if they don't play 5 hours every single day.

    I would probably increase it more than that though, to 10, 20, 30, 40. or even 20, 30, 40, 50.

  • its impossible to get 1.5 shards except for your daily. XP for stay in the game is 600 and you dont get 900 for emblems alone.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    It is possible.

    I got to Rift level 70 yesterday night.

    Hella grindy, but not impossible. A Rift exp offering would be much appreciated, though.

    I got it around when trickster dropped. My country is in lockdown though so I had a lot more time than usual

  • @ThanosPAWG said:

    I heard from someone's leak that they we're going to reduce the grind by making it only 500xp to get 1 rift fragment and after each level of the tome you get more at the end (10, 15, 20, 25) I think. I know stuff like that can change last minute but hopefully it gets added.

    I hope so but I doubt it. Tome III was the least grindy so far, and during that they said the grind was going to be decreased...and it increased heavily with the next tome. We started getting less fragments for challenges, etc.

  • I agree that the grind is too intense. IMO, the grind for XP is too intense in general, and it should be easier to get some (and therefore get iridescent shards and rift shards). I'd be all in favour of an offering that gives bonus XP.