Killer should get a bonus when facing a swf.

A killer should get some kind of bonus when they play against a swf. Swf gives survivors advantages that normal players don't have so I find it only fair when the killer gets something for facing a harder match. Maybe a 1,25x or 1,5x bloodpoint boost or a indicator which players are playing together.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    If anything survivors should get a bonus for swfing like 100% more blood points per person (free streamers) or 1% faster run speed to encourage people to group up and SWF more.

    What?! Why should they get a bonus for playing together? They already get a big advantage because they can talk with each other and make plans.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm fine with that. The games most likely going to be harder playing against a swf so why not?

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117679#Comment_2117679

    SWFs = a fun game if they are good enough.

    Randoms ruin the game for both the partial swfs who couldn't find a 3rd or 4th and the killer because everyone just dies.

    For the best killers, SWFs are a soft requirement to get a challenging match in matchmade games, it would also be much easier to balance around SWFs if we had way more of them and fewer solos to create two separate standards.

    Sorry but do you play killer at all? When yes you wouldn't write something like this or your not really high ranks. It's officiall and everyone knows that a perfect swf team will always beat a perfect killer. Solo survivors are having the most problems and they should also get some kind of bonus. But swf needs absolutely no buffs or bonus.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    If anything survivors should get a bonus for swfing like 100% more blood points per person (free streamers) or 1% faster run speed to encourage people to group up and SWF more.

    Yeah, let’s punish people for playing alone. What a great idea.

    7884C861-80CB-4664-8C42-86FB439D8A80.gif
  • This content has been removed.
  • Then solos should get bonuses since they're bottom of the pecking order.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117704#Comment_2117704

    I am a devotion 11 killer main with fewer than 100 or so hours in survivor.

    I don't care about your "official" I struggle to find survivors who challenge me at all and have more than 1000 hours in rank 1 (not that that matters because I find "good survivors" and "bad survivors" at every rank and fluctuate wildly based on how hard I slug so trust me, I know)

    I usually go hundreds of games between escapes and since christmas, playing DBD every single day for at least a few hours exactly 2 games involved people getting away from me, much of this was played with lower - mid tier killers like legion, wraith and plague.

    Killer is WAY harder than survivor, it's not equal effort to reward and i'd even say that not everyone can do it BUT I do think it's either very close or the stronger role and the game is better balanced when you have 4 sweaty survivors on tight coms (Not playing with their friends but trying to use the coms to play efficiently and win) than it is without.

    I regularly play against 4 man PC swfs who lose at 5 gens, and just 2 streams ago one such lobby brought 3 medkits and a key and was already rank 1 again despite the reset.

    That game was played as wraith of all killers, arguably the weakest non trickster killer in the entire roster.

    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I like the idea of giving 4 man swf 4 party streamers a lot, to encourage grouping that way because the good teams who DID run with the same people all the time would always have whatever items they want and survivors could start farming blood points as aggressively as killers already do! I love all the random, powerful stuff survivors can bring into the lobby that change the way they and I get to play and if I started seeing people come in all prepared that would be a lot of fun.

    A lot of killers, and I am one of them, like playing killer because it's a more challenging role. Items like syptic agents and BNPs help to make it that challenging role and make meaningful differences on a game to game basis.

    I am gonna write one by one. I am killer player myself and while I dont have that many hours like you and I am also mixage of survivor player and got like 420-430 hours ( Plus I get small-big breaks during that times). With rank reset I am rank 5-6 killer btw( I dont play the game after rank reset mostly and gave some break).


    -First of all I agree that a group of survivors are always better than solo because most of the solo survivors play selfish and does not give challange at all. SWF are not left man behind and they play more brave, protective and helpful.

    -Killer is def way harder than survivor because you are not teamed and you are againts 4 man group so it is obv that it is harder.

    - I also feel like you when I won the match so easily because eventhough I lost some matches some challenges are way more better and fun to play.

    -The thing is there are 2 SWF groups in my opinion. The one SWF is just group of people that does not use comms or use it barerly. I support this SWF and me and my friends are in that category. We win 6-7/10 matches without comms and we dont know our perks, our locations or killer's location and etc... Eventhough we uses comms we do not use it for huge advantages and mostly it is basic stuff like "Hey I am doing gen", "Ohh the killer is X killer", "Killer is good/bad" and etc...


    -Other SWF is the ones that use comms for full advantage and while you said you like them either you are getting used to gameplay or you really dont have bad experience with them. One time I was playing Ghostface and as everybody know Ghostface is relying on his stealth due to his power. One person in SWF bring the OOO(Thanks BHVR for changing that perk) and told my location all the time to his/her teammate and that is not a fun game for me because this was not a competition or challenge for me but was pointless. If only she knew my location I would be happy but imagine 4 man groups always know your location and you are stealth based killer which I think you can understand.


    Overall I agree most of your points and yes people should create SWF but that SWF must have some boundries.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    If anything survivors should get a bonus for swfing like 100% more blood points per person (free streamers) or 1% faster run speed to encourage people to group up and SWF more.

    Why should you be rewarded for looking for a competitive edge outside the game? I don't think so.

  • While we're at it, could we give survivors more BP in general? An awful match as killer gives you about the same amount of bloodpoints as a brilliant match as survivor.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117757#Comment_2117757

    it doesn't punish them, it just rewards them to STOP playing alone. No reason to make it a negative thing, there is nothing to be lost and everything to be gained. if you rewarded SWFs it would be a great initiative to help survivors be WAY stronger than they are now and more of the time. It would help survivors play to their strengths and as a killer main that is attractive to me.

    And if they choose to play alone they get punished for it. So yes, it is a punishment. Some people play alone because they want to and there’s nothing wrong with that. If anything, solo survivors should get more rewards as they’re at a disadvantage.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • There's literally no solid arguments for why killers shouldn't get some stacked 25% post-match BP bonus per SWF member, and upwards of a dozen great reasons why they should implement that bonus. (Most of all: the facts it would help boost killer players during the most popular SWF hours where the extra haste has killers dodging---forcing even more imbalanced MM, exacerbating the issue onto lower ranked killers until they stop playing--when this would benefit all players, smoothing queue times & balance in one incredibly easy solution).

    It's objectively a great move for this game

    So its probably never going to happen.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I mean, it really is lol. Saying you can earn extra BP if and only if you play as a SWF is a punishment to solo survivors. You’re literally saying they can’t join in on getting bonus points because they choose to play alone. They’re being punished for not wanting to play with other people. It’s just not even close to being a good idea. Just because you personally prefer going against SWF due to getting more challenging matches doesn’t mean that playing as a SWF should be seen as the ‘true’ way to play. You’re just putting your own specific wants above logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117860#Comment_2117860

    You are confusing punishment with missing out. It's a logical fallacy.

    I said what I said.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117784#Comment_2117784

    I feel like my personal experience with this game would be way better if I had 4 survivors with 7000 + hours a man swfing every game and trying to win. if I could click the play button and get Agony or Oracle every game I would 100% sign up for it but obviously I can't have that.

    I would vote towards making 4 man SWFs that you actually see in matchmaking more common and a little better. Good killers can handle them and I think that bad killers should see more of them and become the good killers. It would make DBD more fun I imagine

    I know what you mean but I think you misunderstood my point. I am not againts a good SWF that gave me a hard time. There are groups that we win or we lose and each of them are gave experiences in some ways. I am talking about situations where there is no experience for both sides. Some SWF's are only care "winning" and they will do anything for that. I am not againts win or lose and I dont care if I win or lose. I can lose a match badly or I can win with huge advantage, my only point is getting better and have fun. However while doing that I also care about sportsmanship and having fun which are my priorities. A group of SWF that uses the comms to gain advantage that normally cannot can hurt that experience for me. Just like I mentioned if I wanna my stealthy GhostFace just because one survivor bring OOO should not break my whole stealth based gameplay however when SWF with some comms came in that situation now I got 4 survivors that knew my whole position and from that point I am just M1 killer. You are a Wraith main from what I understand and I think that you can understand what stealth means for you and imagine a situation if that "stealth" is no longer useful for you which your power relies on. Yes you can still win the match but at what cost? Being only M1 killer in some mathes ruin my fun in that situation. I dont care ranks,win or loses I care about learning and having fun. Sadly some SWF's really destroy my fun and I dont think they gave any experiences during our matches.

  • Step 1: Give everyone (Survivor) Voice Chat ingame.

    Step 2: Treat every Surv as swf (in Balancing terms)

    Step 3: Buff Killers slighlty. Something like ~ + 0.15% Movement Speed for every Swf Team mate in the Lobby. If we would say there are 4 Surv together and +0.15% Movement speed, this would mean +0,6% Movement speed in a 4 Man Group.


    I think like 0.5-0.6% Movement speed is okay to compensate for swf advantage. But i feel like this can not be the way to treat this Problem because this could cause issues with muscle memory on some loops and timing and so on.

  • I am somewhat new to the game so I would ask how does a SWF team get on and play together? Is there a certain place to go to play as a team? If so do killer mains know this or is it a surprise to them after the game ends?

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Mineguy said:

    A killer should get some kind of bonus when they play against a swf. Swf gives survivors advantages that normal players don't have so I find it only fair when the killer gets something for facing a harder match. Maybe a 1,25x or 1,5x bloodpoint boost or a indicator which players are playing together.

    Nah. There’s nothing wrong with playing with your friends. Periodt. Point. Blank.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117900#Comment_2117900

    If you're a good killer you don't really lose in this game, you always win. There are no situations where there is "No experience" for both sides.

    No. In Tournaments most Killers are forced to play Nurse and sweat their a** off to have any chance. Why is that? Its because swf is stronger then a single Killer could be.


    Also dont forget a Killer has to be as strong as 4 Survivors, because its 4v1.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Rewarding SWFs with even more bloodpoints is the most TTV thing I've ever heard anyone say.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117940#Comment_2117940

    That's not the fault of the other non nurse killers, that's the fault of the players who aren't good enough to do it any other way.

    I haven't watched more than a few hours of tournament footage but from what i've seen my wraith, clown and other very low tier killers is better than what I saw from those nurses and I think you and I can both agree that's saying something ;)

    Killer is stronger than SWF if they are good enough and I think EVERY killer in the roster can beat teams like Oracle and Agony more often than not.

    I think that you, and a LOT of players are forgetting that DBD doesn't really have much of a competitive scene, this isn't an esport by any stretch of the imagination and our would be competitive meta if it were, is largely unexplored and it's really hard to name all that many good players in dead by daylight, at least for now.

    Put some VODs up of you running something other than Wraith on Midwitch with All Seeing and just slugging everyone and we might get a better picture of how you are going to dominate Agony and Oracle.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    I am somewhat new to the game so I would ask how does a SWF team get on and play together? Is there a certain place to go to play as a team? If so do killer mains know this or is it a surprise to them after the game ends?

    From the game's main menu pick survivor and in that lobby you can invite friends to the same lobby, up to 4 total, and as a group you (eventually) find a killer and the countdown begins.

    I play on Xbox1 and when I'm playing survivor with friends we often are in a voice chat party, but not always. Nearly all those I game with are former strangers who I met in-game and messaged them after. I believe PlayStations have something similar, and for PC there's that Discord thingy I believe.

    Killers currently aren't notified if they are facing a SWF (sometimes called a pre-made team) but veteran killers can figure it out or check profiles, etc. and dodge if they choose.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117910#Comment_2117910

    From the game's main menu pick survivor and in that lobby you can invite friends to the same lobby, up to 4 total, and as a group you (eventually) find a killer and the countdown begins.

    I play on Xbox1 and when I'm playing survivor with friends we often are in a voice chat party, but not always. Nearly all those I game with are former strangers who I met in-game and messaged them after. I believe PlayStations have something similar, and for PC there's that Discord thingy I believe.

    Killers currently aren't notified if they are facing a SWF (sometimes called a pre-made team) but veteran killers can figure it out or check profiles, etc. and dodge if they choose.

    Awesome thank you for clearing that up I had no idea.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Mineguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117672#Comment_2117672

    What?! Why should they get a bonus for playing together? They already get a big advantage because they can talk with each other and make plans.

    because... if grouping up with another survivor automatically added 2 bloody party streamers to the game, then the killer also gets the effect because it's bloody party streamers.

    if i were a killer and i went up against a 4 stack swf and was getting 500% bloodpoints, you could bully the hell out of me and i'd walk away with my flamin' hot doritos with a smile on my face.

    likewise if i tunnel someone to death and they are forced to stay and watch their friends (because, squad), then it's also worth that survivor's time to stay.

    it's just a good idea all around.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Np. Keep asking questions if you have them, there are many fine folks here with a vast knowledge of the game.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118001#Comment_2118001

    True, Matchmaking is like a consent form but the survivors sign first and blind and the killer gets to sign later but if they wait too long the entity grabs your hand and makes up your mind for you

    I've noticed lately that if only it is the killer who didn't ready up they dc while loading. Presumably it is because they were afk and didn't get a look at the lobby.

  • This content has been removed.
  • As should solo survivors!

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118351#Comment_2118351

    A lot of killers will dodge in the offering screen to save their stuff and waste yours.

    Really? Kind of a dick move

  • This content has been removed.
  • Killers shouldn't be paid to have a fair match. On the other hand, solos should get double bp however. Playing ultra hard mode should get a bonus.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118495#Comment_2118495

    Yes survivors do it too. It's really sleezy but as long as really big content creators do it fans will follow. God forbid a killer had to play one on haddonfield (My favorite map btw) or a survivor on an indoor map. shrugs

    I don't dc (although my Xbox will sometimes because optimization) but I loathe all of the indoor maps, in both roles.

  • This content has been removed.
‹ 1 2