I have an Xbox One X. The game shouldn’t run like poop, yet it does
Events and DLC and balance patches are nice, but when are some of the very core issues with the game on console going to be fixed? I own the game on PC too, it runs great. Yet even on the most powerful console ever, if I try to play killer, good luck.
It ruins the game against good survivors who already know how to extend a chase. Multiple times over the last week I’ve been chasing one of these survivors and during the chase have had chances to hit them only to get a massive, game freezing frame drop that allows them to escape to the safety of the next pallet or vault.
I was on Haddonfield last night chasing a Meg. I was Billy, I had no add ons equipped besides cooldown, somthere was very little chance for me to use my chainsaw. So I chase this Meg from pallet to pallet, vault to vault, ok that’s fine that’s the meta of the game. I mind game her into jumping a pallet back to me. I swing. Game freezes. By the time I can control Billy again the Meg is running off to a new loop. Two gens pop. Cool. So instead of the chase being half done, it’s as if it just started.
She loops me around a couole pallets that I break, I am running Fury and Enduring. She throws a pallet on me. It breaks instantly and she realizes she done f’d up. I corner her by some bushes behind a house and swing.... massive frame drop and game freezes. Two more gens pop. To be honest, that was the closest I’ve ever come to throwing my controller while playing a video game ever in over 30 years of gaming.
Finally i catch her twice and down her. I hook her. I turn to find others and the last gen pops. Both gates are near me so I decide that **** it, I’m getting a kill. So I close patrol that hook.
Feng runs in for the unhook. I come around a tree fully revved, **** yes either Feng is going down or Meg is getting tunneled. Massive frame drop, game freezes. When it becomes playable again I realize I had chainsawed right into the tree to my right. Darn. How embarassing.
I get the Feng down. Meg feels bad and goes for the save and I grab her and hook her. So in the end I got two kills.
But there are plenty of games where you get none, because of massive frame drops and lag that occurs EVERY SINGLE MATCH. When is this finally going to be fixed? Why years after release are we not able to use certain killers or play certain maps with confidence without worrying about performance of the game?
BHVR is not a small team with little resources. People don’t realize they’re a massive developer with many teams and loads of resources. This crap is unacceptable. I’m not spending another dime on DLC or cosmetics until the game becomes playable.
It ruins the game against good survivors who already know how to extend a chase. Multiple times over the last week I’ve been chasing one of these survivors and during the chase have had chances to hit them only to get a massive, game freezing frame drop that allows them to escape to the safety of the next pallet or vault.
I was on Haddonfield last night chasing a Meg. I was Billy, I had no add ons equipped besides cooldown, somthere was very little chance for me to use my chainsaw. So I chase this Meg from pallet to pallet, vault to vault, ok that’s fine that’s the meta of the game. I mind game her into jumping a pallet back to me. I swing. Game freezes. By the time I can control Billy again the Meg is running off to a new loop. Two gens pop. Cool. So instead of the chase being half done, it’s as if it just started.
She loops me around a couole pallets that I break, I am running Fury and Enduring. She throws a pallet on me. It breaks instantly and she realizes she done f’d up. I corner her by some bushes behind a house and swing.... massive frame drop and game freezes. Two more gens pop. To be honest, that was the closest I’ve ever come to throwing my controller while playing a video game ever in over 30 years of gaming.
Finally i catch her twice and down her. I hook her. I turn to find others and the last gen pops. Both gates are near me so I decide that **** it, I’m getting a kill. So I close patrol that hook.
Feng runs in for the unhook. I come around a tree fully revved, **** yes either Feng is going down or Meg is getting tunneled. Massive frame drop, game freezes. When it becomes playable again I realize I had chainsawed right into the tree to my right. Darn. How embarassing.
I get the Feng down. Meg feels bad and goes for the save and I grab her and hook her. So in the end I got two kills.
But there are plenty of games where you get none, because of massive frame drops and lag that occurs EVERY SINGLE MATCH. When is this finally going to be fixed? Why years after release are we not able to use certain killers or play certain maps with confidence without worrying about performance of the game?
BHVR is not a small team with little resources. People don’t realize they’re a massive developer with many teams and loads of resources. This crap is unacceptable. I’m not spending another dime on DLC or cosmetics until the game becomes playable.
Comments
No matter how powerful the console is, it will always be "poop" compared to a proper PC.
devs plan on optimizing their game "soon", but honestly, I wouldnt set high hopes in them
Blaming consoles takes the blame off of the developers and gives them an excuse for their crappy development.
And “soon” should replace “death is not an escape” as the official tag line for this game.
Queen mentioned on the last stream that they have a big optimization dump coming in a few months. With the next coupe of updates they will add a few things in preparation for it specifically for console.
I can run GTA on most High with a steady 58.
This game already starts being choppy at High.
Idk what this game is sometimes...
(Xbox one S)
I was the Nurse. The map was the Red Forest. 20 FPS and game freezes after every blink. Hell Naw. I even got motion sickness when playing it.
Different teams for different things. They don't just ignore things to pump out cosmetics.
@Well_Placed_HexTotem
I'm not sure what you have been eating but I can hardly get my poop to roll let alone run. Please can you send me the number for your diatrision?
I'm sorry, but this game is a joke on console. And I'm not dissing consoles.
The fact is the game runs like crap on xbox and ps4.
Moreover, I wouldn't put much stock in the December optimization patch. The devs have had over a year and the game is still garbage. It's really quite sad.
I still have my Xbox One X, and I'll be checking to see if the game improves at all in December.
The game is crap on consoles, to the point that you end up missing skillchecks.