Disconnecting alternatives for killers

As someone playing killer and getting frustrated at it, i kind of understand the temptation to DC or manipulating your internet connection forcing the game to crash the second one however is not cool. A far better choice in my opinion is to take a break and go afk like go stand in a corner or stand still

Comments

  • @HuDawg said:

    As someone playing killer and getting frustrated at it, i kind of understand the temptation to DC or manipulating your internet connection forcing the game to crash the second one however is not cool. A far better choice in my opinion is to take a break and go afk like go stand in a corner or stand still

    There really should be a forfeit option for both sides. Especially with the upcoming hook changes that will prevent survivor suicides.

  • You gotta love how Trapper's main talent is sitting in the corner picking up and placing down one trap over and over again after just giving up.

    It's like he was designed with it in mind, given that that's what he's gonna do every other match.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243331/disconnecting-alternatives-for-killers

    There really should be a forfeit option for both sides. Especially with the upcoming hook changes that will prevent survivor suicides.

    Yes, and swf's will forfeit against any killers that can't get bullied. Killers will forfeit against swf's. It would be unhealthy for the game.

  • I've been there. Hell, last night I was in a game where I was getting my ass clapped so hard, I reached for the DC 3 times but thought better of it.

    You gotta deal with these bad games from time to time. I told myself "Screw it, 2/3 of this playerbase I can walk all over because about half of them quit, just play this one out and you'll get your turn next game."

    I was right.....

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114976#Comment_2114976

    Yes, and swf's will forfeit against any killers that can't get bullied. Killers will forfeit against swf's. It would be unhealthy for the game.

    You DO know that most SWF's don't just play this game to try and sweat, right? The mass majority of players are casual. Killer AND Survivor.

  • YouTube is a thing


    just dont do it too often, otherwise you get banned for AFKing

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115018#Comment_2115018

    You DO know that most SWF's don't just play this game to try and sweat, right? The mass majority of players are casual. Killer AND Survivor.

    Yes, that's why almost every swf tells me some nasty words 99% of the time. So casual my guy.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I've been there. Hell, last night I was in a game where I was getting my ass clapped so hard, I reached for the DC 3 times but thought better of it.

    You gotta deal with these bad games from time to time. I told myself "Screw it, 2/3 of this playerbase I can walk all over because about half of them quit, just play this one out and you'll get your turn next game."

    I was right.....

    Agreed. Sometimes you just have to deal with some really bad games.

    With the upcoming Freddy nerfs I am trying to get used to Huntress again, who I consider to be my "secondary main". But I haven't played her in a very, very long time and recent trials have been extremely painful.

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115036#Comment_2115036

    Yes, that's why almost every swf tells me some nasty words 99% of the time. So casual my guy.

    1. Now that we have crossplay, it's rare to find a group of all PC players if you're on PC.
    2. "Nasty words"... Seriously? I know the community is soft. But holy ######### dude. Was it you who asked for the censorship? Ever heard of the "sticks and stones" moto?
    3. Those "nasty words" you hear are 99% caused by "nasty" actions that were previously inflicted on the person saying those words.
    4. Maybe if you try not to sweat every game yourself, you'll see that other people aren't either.
  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115052#Comment_2115052

    1. Now that we have crossplay, it's rare to find a group of all PC players if you're on PC.
    2. "Nasty words"... Seriously? I know the community is soft. But holy ######### dude. Was it you who asked for the censorship? Ever heard of the "sticks and stones" moto?
    3. Those "nasty words" you hear are 99% caused by "nasty" actions that were previously inflicted on the person saying those words.
    4. Maybe if you try not to sweat every game yourself, you'll see that other people aren't either.

    You sound like the kind of survivor who is toxic in end game chat, because you didn't like how the killer played.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115070#Comment_2115070

    You sound like the kind of survivor who is toxic in end game chat, because you didn't like how the killer played.

    90% of the time, I'm tunneled to death before I can talk to anyone in the end game chat. To the point where I go and point at hooks in front of the killer if I'm on death hook before 2 gens get done. I'm not about to wait till the entire match is over to talk to some random. I couldn't care less. I prefer to get to my next match and hope that things go better.

  • Honestly if I’m getting my butt handed to me I’ll just start meme-ing with them and either they’re interested in just being silly and getting some BP for both sides or they think that’s boring, slam the gens and leave. You can’t really be mad at a match going sour if you’re just messing around once you realize it’s likely you wont get a kill anyway. Then you can’t get reported for a rage quit or being AFK, both sides win

  • Then there was tonight. After several games I got into a match where I was clearly outmatched. Felt myself getting frustrated. Then decided "you know what? I'm done for the day. I clearly am not in the right mind for this anymore"

    And so I walked out. I'm done for the night. And likely for the next few days as I don't ragequit lightly and punish myself harshly for it.

    You have to know your mental state. And tonight, I pushed it one game too far and that was wrong of me. I should of realized I wasn't in the right mood to get beat and I shouldn't be playing anymore tonight and probably the next few days. I don't pretend to be perfect - early 1/3 of this playerbase can probably walk all over me and that's fine - they deserve their win.

    The occasional "I'm done" is fine, but always realize you're probably going to get your ass clapped from time to time. And if you aren't ready for that, try your best to realize that and not log in to start with.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115052#Comment_2115052

    1. Now that we have crossplay, it's rare to find a group of all PC players if you're on PC.
    2. "Nasty words"... Seriously? I know the community is soft. But holy ######### dude. Was it you who asked for the censorship? Ever heard of the "sticks and stones" moto?
    3. Those "nasty words" you hear are 99% caused by "nasty" actions that were previously inflicted on the person saying those words.
    4. Maybe if you try not to sweat every game yourself, you'll see that other people aren't either.

    I play super casual. I don't care if I win or lose. I'm just saying though. I'm not soft about words. I usually laugh about it, but it could affect others. You are sounding like a survivor main, because survivors will scream at you about anything you do. Good try though. I have screenshots of a survivor actually complaining to me about giving them hatch.