When will we get early game collapse come out or will it ever

This mechanic was said to come like a year and a half ago (probably longer)

this mechanic will make the killer experience so much better and make killers like trapper even better although some perks might have to be reworked but still overall if this mechanic came to the game it would be so good

I don't really know what it will be like maybe something along the line of Scotts old early game collapse concept video

I really hope they are still going on with this idea cuz the early game is where mostly every killer struggles like Michel and plague

if this mechanic made it into the game I would be fine with the obsession claws to be base since it would be like one extra perk for both sides

Lastly just imagine all the extra perks that can come out because of this new meachinc

Comments

  • Last I heard they put it on the back burner to focus on other issues at hand.

  • as far as I can remember they first mentioned it in the 4th year anniversary - so not even a year ago.

    last dev Q&A they have said that this concept has developed to a concept that’s not only affecting early game but the whole game.

    i would assume they will talk about this in the next anniversary stream

  • Hard to play a match if it collapses at the beginning.

  • @Mooks said:

    as far as I can remember they first mentioned it in the 4th year anniversary - so not even a year ago.

    last dev Q&A they have said that this concept has developed to a concept that’s not only affecting early game but the whole game.

    i would assume they will talk about this in the next anniversary stream

    i think i remember the devs talking about around the 3rd year anniversary but maybe I'm wrong

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I doubt any basekit mechanic that buffs killers will come soon. I think everybody agrees an early game slowdown basekit would be fine on killers like Myers or Trapper, but too oppressive on Nurse, Spirit and Blight. Imo it's easier to just buff the low tier killers.

    i mean the early game collapse could be based on hits or something around that so it would be as bad on nurse since she can get hits pretty fast

    scoott jund sums it up pretty well in his vid about it

  • @OnisAngerCounselor said:

    They cancelled this idea IIRC

    I personally think this and so many of DbD's problems would be solved if new DS and new BT were just baked into the survivor basekit, and Corrupt Intervention was baked into the killers' basekit

    They didn’t directly cancel it but the idea developed to another concept that not only affects the early phase of the game

  • I'm into the idea of killers each getting some individual buffs to help (like myers and such) and maybe some minor overall buffs to killers early game. Maybe a shorter corrupt basekit, something to give direction for killers at start? I'd like to bump gens speeds 10 more seconds each.