Add a Give Up Button for Slugged Survivors

I have seen this commented on other posts but not seen it in its own post.

Add a give up button for survs that have been on the ground for say, a continuous minute, so that a whole team that got slugged while the killer just walks around watching you all bleed out can leave the match to go to the next one without getting penalized. I know slugging is a legit strategy and is how you need to play with certain killers' powers, but it quickly becomes toxic when the killer then does not hook anyone and just waits around for you to bleed out. At least give us the option to leave like we have on the hook (just stop struggling or try to kobe to speed it up-but if ur slugged you have to wait to bleed out or DC and get punished for that). This would also put more pressure on teammates to get a person up quickly and discourage the toxic type of slugging.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Alternatively, survivors should always be able to pick themselves up from a slug, but only by crawling over to a generator, getting the recovery bar filled up all the way, then doing a 10 second animation to get back on their feet.

    Just so being slugged isn't a complete gameplay dead zone, and you can pressure killers into picking you up eventually.

    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I am a killer who regularly bleeds survivors for the full 4 minutes, we mostly do this to prevent random hatch escapes and second chance perks because the last living survivor will be on death hook. A great way to prevent us from doing this and just hook you if there are 5 gens left and no threat of actually getting the gates powered (thus making us respect deliverance into DH into DS or whatever else) would be to just delete hatch and make the endgame collapse start when the last gen was powered or the killer voluntarily opened the gates.

    Both problems solved.

    Because this kind of behaviour gets me to crawl off into some godforsaken corner of the map and bleed out just so the killer knows how shite it is to spend 4 minutes doing nothing and getting no points for it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I am a killer who regularly bleeds survivors for the full 4 minutes, we mostly do this to prevent random hatch escapes and second chance perks because the last living survivor will be on death hook. A great way to prevent us from doing this and just hook you if there are 5 gens left and no threat of actually getting the gates powered (thus making us respect deliverance into DH into DS or whatever else) would be to just delete hatch and make the endgame collapse start when the last gen was powered or the killer voluntarily opened the gates.

    Both problems solved.

    Are you that afraid of survivors escaping? They're called survivors for a reason, you're not always supposed to 4k and it's unhealthy for the game to think that's the norm. I play killer a lot on stream btw.

  • If all four survivors have been slugged and the killer is refusing to hook them and instead wants to troll them by just standing around and waiting the bleed out timer then there should absolutely be a give up option or, if all four survivors are slugged at the same time then there should be a time limit for the killer to start hooking or they should be allowed to recover to injured.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I am a killer who regularly bleeds survivors for the full 4 minutes, we mostly do this to prevent random hatch escapes and second chance perks because the last living survivor will be on death hook. A great way to prevent us from doing this and just hook you if there are 5 gens left and no threat of actually getting the gates powered (thus making us respect deliverance into DH into DS or whatever else) would be to just delete hatch and make the endgame collapse start when the last gen was powered or the killer voluntarily opened the gates.

    Both problems solved.

    Is it really a big deal if 1 survivor gets out though? To a point where you’re willing to wait a whole 4 minutes?

  • I don't want people to use this to troll. There should be some limits to it like you can't immediately start it the moment you've been downed.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I am a killer who regularly bleeds survivors for the full 4 minutes, we mostly do this to prevent random hatch escapes and second chance perks because the last living survivor will be on death hook. A great way to prevent us from doing this and just hook you if there are 5 gens left and no threat of actually getting the gates powered (thus making us respect deliverance into DH into DS or whatever else) would be to just delete hatch and make the endgame collapse start when the last gen was powered or the killer voluntarily opened the gates.

    Both problems solved.

    And this is why we need a give up option against sluggers. Crawling around the ground for 4 minutes is not fun game play. You're the kind of killer I literally hope I never get matched against. I want to have fun not waste time bleeding out on the ground so you can feel like you won the match. Sluggers ruin the game, along with campers and tunnelers. Something needs to be done about all of it.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115562#Comment_2115562

    Uh I have dozens of survivors spend the whole 4 minutes and bleed out every single day. I never had an unfun game of dead by daylight.

    I wonder if the same can be said for all the survivors you've ever played against. I doubt it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115552#Comment_2115552

    And this is why we need a give up option against sluggers. Crawling around the ground for 4 minutes is not fun game play. You're the kind of killer I literally hope I never get matched against. I want to have fun not waste time bleeding out on the ground so you can feel like you won the match. Sluggers ruin the game, along with campers and tunnelers. Something needs to be done about all of it.

    Having every survivor run to the most difficult loop every chase isn't always fun either, but the other team wants to win.

    There are very few games where a person enjoys being scored against.