Ok... expressing my thoughts on NOED (again).
- Alrighty... I can at least concur that it isn’t always realistic for 1 survivor to do all 5 totems by themselves to avoid a potential NOED all the time. HOWEVER there are 2 perks, Rainbow Maps, or Map with Red Twine, that can help you find totems. If NOED (or any Hex) is that much of a problem for you, THEN YOU HAVE OPTIONS TO ASSIST YOU!!! You don’t get to complain about such killer perks just because you won’t forgo just ONE perk in your current build. Either dealing with Hexes is important to you, or it isn’t. Truth is that most survivors are extremely lazy when it comes to totems. The amount of NOEDS or Devour Hopes I’ve cleansed that are within STEPS from an already completed gen has been staggering to me. Laziness.
- Even without totem detection help, YOU have an in match responsibility to try and deduce what all 4 of the killers current perks probably are. If YOU have any doubt what their load out is, then you should always suspect NOED could be a possibility. This doesn’t mean you need to immediately go on a totem hunt right there and then. NOED simply should remain at the forefront of your mind.
- Taking point 2 into account, if you finish the 5th gen in the Killers face without being certain of the killers load out and so haven’t yet ruled out NOED, and get insta downed, that’s on you! If after all gens are repaired, again, without being certain of the killers load out and haven’t yet ruled out NOED, and choose not to play stealthy at endgame, that’s on you!
- Endgame perks, NOED included, are important. Although this isn’t reliant on perks per say, Killers need to remain engaged after the 5th gen pops. The match isn’t over. We don’t want killers just giving up, behaving like it’s over already. Experienced, skilled killers likely don’t need endgame perks to hold their own during endgame, but there is also nothing WRONG with Endge perks like NOED existing to help encourage some players to not give up.
- Lastly, a Killers skill has nothing to do with whether they choose to use NOED. They don’t need to justify equipping the perk. There is no rule about who should or should not, can or can not equip NOED. The killer doesn’t need to apply for a license, or ask for permission to use NOED. It’s just a damn perk. The only real reason it’s seen as OP to some in the survivor community is usually either survivor careless during endgame, laziness during the early/mid game, or both.
Comments
I literally couldn't care if they nerfed it or left it as is or anything.
Honestly I am tired with the whole discussion I don't even find it that good.
Out of desperation to make trickster work when he first came out I used it for 15 games, I never got to use it a single time, it was broken before or at the EGC before I could hit a single survivor. Every single game out of 15.
First and last time in a while I bothered with it.
Against a good killer the downtime of looking for 5 totems can make it so the exits don't get powered anyway.
If I lose to NOED I don't feel outplayed so it's whatever.
Generally you just need to break the one. IT's easier to break when active then break all the totems, that's usually what folks do.
You can just remember where they are as you play and that cuts that time in half even without perk assistance.
It's a perk whose "counterplay" is stronger than the effect by far, and whose effect is completely unearned, and whenever you point that out you get 6 people saying "UsE a PeRk To CoUnTeR a PeRk" or something along those lines. And that's ignoring the most common playstyle it is associated with, for very good reason.
Maybe, just maybe, there is a slight chance that the perk isn't entirely fair?
I'm all for running Detectives Hunch/Inner Strength. But not to "counter" NOED. That's just not a thing anyone should attempt unless they are in a decent SWF. It's so not realistic. And I'm glad that most solo survivors understand that, or the average, terribly low escape rate would be even lower.
Noed is balanced if there is a swf group. Otherwise, survivors shouldn't be forced even more to use certain perks or items in solo queue. Kindred, WoO and DS are already becoming a requirement for me, I'd rather not a fourth perk be required.
Despite this, I agree with point 4 and 5, but point 1-3 is unrealistic for solos.
I always find it funny how it's always the same people who use and defend the existance of the hatch the ones that cry about NOED being unfair. Like... you don't even let the killer play when the gates are powered, you just either leave as a team with a key or let your teammates die to leave alone through the hatch.
Why a perk that requires all gens to be completed causes such an outroar when survivors love bringing a key or finding one in a match and then just leave before finishing the objectives.
The ones that cry about noed are the same survivors that use DH,DS, BT and unbreakable every game.
I have no problems with noed in most cases being a detectives hunch gamer but the 2 times i dislike it:
1. Killers facecamping (mostly bubbas) they have enough time to facecamp 2 survivors to death before all the gens get done then smack a 3rd with noed. 3k for standing in one place most of the game...yay.
2. Nurses and spirits running it and already exerting enough pressure. This is just beating survivors while their down even harder. To barely get the gens done against a good spirit or nurse then get smacked with noed. You just feel defeated. Personally i don't run it on nurse and spirit but be my guest i guess.
In most other cases i make sure noed never activates in the first place. It just has its abuses for me.
Bringing perks to directly counter perks and having no other purpose is the dumbest thing ever. Solo survivors have no control or information about their teammates perks. And I'm not talking about the official stats, I'm talking about the fact that I genuinely anniahlate every single solo team I go against regardless of how good each individual is. Everyone I know rarely, if ever, escapes in solo que. And even if they do, there's certainly no time to cleanse all 5 totems.
So everyone that defended Freddy and wanted a DS nerf (or for DH to get nerfed) is a M&D Stridor Spirit who sweats for the 4ks? Or are we gonna stop showing bias?