Killers should be given the chance to keep add-ons
Simple as the title. If they get ruthless they keep the 1st slot, if they get merciless then they get both. I get that the ranking system sucks but it'd be better than always losing the add-ons while survivors get the chance to keep them.
Comments
...I'm pretty sure Survivors don't keep their add-ons tho?
Wait survivors lose their add-ons now completely? I thought that only applied to the syringe and brand new part? Since when did they change that?
I think it's been like a year.
Why would it only be those two?
Goes to show how long it's been since i was playing survivor. That's because they were one time use items, they disappear from your add-ons the second you used them from what I remember. That's just plain stupid.
Well,you obviously lose them if you use them
If you wanna keep your add-ons, dont use them. They will stay with you forever. Simple buddy
Maybe they can make a perk in the future that is able to let you keep them. Survivors have Ace in the Hole, which lets them keep their add-ons if they escape with them. Something similar could be made with a perk that lets you keep killer add-ons if you sacrifice a certain amount of survivors or after a certain amount of hooks. They have made Windows of Opportunity for killers when they created Zanshin Tactics, so it is not unlikely that they may add a Ace in the Hole for killers in the future.
A lot of time I don't use add-ons, I'm just saying survivor and killer systems should mirror each other, guess they changed it so that survivors no longer keep their add-ons when they escape, so there's nothing to talk about, I just don't know how to delete the discussion.
There already is an option. It’s called Black Ward.
Well survivors are losing add-ons too. So that is same like killer. If you use, add-ons will go. Survivors only can keep items, if they escape ofcourse. But that is also fair because that is counter of killer's power. So i dont think there is problem. I am playing both sides and when i use add-on i am losing them. They just help me in one match.
Both killer and survivors lose their addons if they don't put in a White Ward offering. It'd be a nice idea to reward people based on outcome of match but thats how its been and I doubt BHVR would change it since it would void the offering entirely. Seems like they want to make the player choose to empower their item/powers but it comes with a cost.
The issue with that is that a Killer could bring their strongest add ons and just completely slaughter the survivors and get to keep the add ons for another slaughter fest.
Iridescent Head and Black Incense come to mind.. And Mother Daughter Ring + Yakukyoke Amulet combo. I'm sure there's more
I thought about that too, while I gave up about this once I realized the devs changed it so that survivors lose it too I still want to comment on this. Generally speaking, running great add-ons will actually worsen your score in the ranking system, as you'll kill too quickly. So i'll lead to either the killer purposely dragging out the game or getting Ruthless at best because they did too.
I was thinking more along the lines of making glyphs, at least for killers, a permanent thing, and if you interact with the glyph during the match, you get to keep your add-ons.