A way to make Kindred Basekit and a New mechanic to make solo survivor better.

Ok so I feel I have thought of a good way to make Kindred Basekit without it being overpowered and how to make mechanic solo survivor better, because ultimately the biggest problem in my opinion is the extreme lack of communication and information to go about in doing things.

So first Kindred.

To make Kindred base kit it's seems very simple. Just make it so that all survivors see each others aura when a survivor is hooked and not show the killers aura at the hook. If you want to see the killers aura then just put the perk Kindred on. That seems fair without it being annoying or overwhelming for killers.

New Mechanic: Survivors Instinct.

I feel a new mechanic for solo survivors would go a long way in helping with the lack of communication. I propose something called survivors instinct which is sorta similar to killers instinct.

All solo survivors have survivors instinct and what it does is that overtime you see the auras of generators, chests, pallets and windows and others survivors for 1 or 2 seconds and only at a range of about lets say 4 or 5 meters. This information can go a long way in solo. And to make it so that the survivors don't rely too much on it survivors instinct can happen at random intervals or once every 1 or 2 minutes and with this it won't take away the value of using perks like bond or windows of oppurtunity. And swf won't benefit from it either because it could only happen when your not in a swf. People in a swf will be given a notification saying that choosing to partake in swf they are willingly giving up access to helpful mechanics like survivors instinct.

I feel with Kindred like this and the new mechanic like survivors instinct could help massively to buff solo but not too much on the level of a swf.

Let me know your thoughts and if you like the idea or not. And if you want to reasonably change anything. Credit to @Seraphor for the push and inspiration for the idea.

Comments

  • all i want is a kindred basekit cuz im ######### tired of going into 2nd just because my teammates thought that someone else was going for the save

  • I literally just suggested something called 'Survivor Instinct' in another topic. XD

    Except my suggestion is literally 'killer instinct for survivors'. Basically, you'd have a button you can press (probably with a cooldown) that would display the 'heartbeat' graphic over each other survivor on the map, showing you the direction each other survivor is in.

    It's less info than an aura perk like Kindred, but it gives you similar information to a SWF who are telling each other where they are on comms.

  • @Seraphor said:

    I literally just suggested something called 'Survivor Instinct' in another topic. XD

    Except my suggestion is literally 'killer instinct for survivors'. Basically, you'd have a button you can press (probably with a cooldown) that would display the 'heartbeat' graphic over each other survivor on the map, showing you the direction each other survivor is in.

    It's less info than an aura perk like Kindred, but it gives you similar information to a SWF who are telling each other where they are on comms.

    Your right I'm really sorry I forgot to credit you in the idea. It sorta pushed me to think of it.

  • @swager21 said:

    all i want is a kindred basekit cuz im ######### tired of going into 2nd just because my teammates thought that someone else was going for the save

    No, I feel like Kindred base-kit would just water down the game. I'd rather they introduce a system similar to what Scott Jund discussed in this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPukUi7Oz3g

    I don't think it needs to be as complex as he has described, but I do think everyone should have Obsession Icons on their portraits and the actual obsession would have their highlighted in red. When the killer is in a chase, the icons would wiggle like they currently do, but for anyone who is in chase, not just the obsession.

    A tiny generator icon would appear on someone portrait when they're working on a gen and a tiny hex icon would appear when someone is cleansing a totem. This way, you give survivors just enough information to base their decisions upon without overly watering the game down.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096131#Comment_2096131

    Your right I'm really sorry I forgot to credit you in the idea. It sorta pushed me to think of it.

    No worries, you had your own idea and ran with it. Obviously I think my idea is better... because it's mine.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096098#Comment_2096098

    No, I feel like Kindred base-kit would just water down the game. I'd rather they introduce a system similar to what Scott Jund discussed in this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPukUi7Oz3g

    I don't think it needs to be as complex as he has described, but I do think everyone should have Obsession Icons on their portraits and the actual obsession would have their highlighted in red. When the killer is in a chase, the icons would wiggle like they currently do, but for anyone who is in chase, not just the obsession.

    A tiny generator icon would appear on someone portrait when they're working on a gen and a tiny hex icon would appear when someone is cleansing a totem. This way, you give survivors just enough information to base their decisions upon without overly watering the game down.

    I like your idea as well

    I was actually advocating for what Scott had in mind at first.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096140#Comment_2096140

    I like your idea as well

    I was actually advocating for what Scott had in mind at first.

    Behavior should just hire me, I'll Make This Game Great Again!

  • I'm all up for giving Solo Survivors a bit of help as long as it doesn't become a hand-holding simulator. Killers have to track so Survivors should have to do the same thing but with Scotts' idea, it seems fine.