Why do we need dc penalties

Lol I haven’t DC’d on purpose in 3 days so my connection drops once and I’m slapped with a 6 hour ban? I stopped DCing once I got a 30 minute penalty so why do I have a 6 hour ban when I haven’t DC’d in 3 Damn days? This wasn’t even an on purpose DC yet I can’t play? In the middle of moving states and all I do on my free time is play this damn game I cant even get through the rift since I’m on tier 38 and I only have 11 days now.

Comments

  • Because survivors didn't stop quitting matches when the game didn't go the way they wanted. Its sad but true.

  • When you dc even once you are completely screwing your teammates. Saying you haven't dc'd in 3 days, that's nothing to brag about, it's pathetic.

    Not only did you knowingly dc twice 3 days ago, but obviously (by the fact that you're justifying it) you dc'd multiple other times this month, and I'm sure even the month before.

    I never dc, admittedly, I got a 5 minute penalty which was annoying because it wasn't my fault. But I move on and I've never gotten more then 5 minutes ever. You deserve a permanent penalty for screwing teammates so often

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    When you dc even once you are completely screwing your teammates. Saying you haven't dc'd in 3 days, that's nothing to brag about, it's pathetic.

    Not only did you knowingly dc twice 3 days ago, but obviously (by the fact that you're justifying it) you dc'd multiple other times this month, and I'm sure even the month before.

    I never dc, admittedly, I got a 5 minute penalty which was annoying because it wasn't my fault. But I move on and I've never gotten more then 5 minutes ever. You deserve a permanent penalty for screwing teammates so often

    I mean I wouldn't call DCing when theres one other survivor in the match at 5 gens 'screwing over teammates' but okay. How is DCing twice within the span of a week a sign of anything?

  • If you managed to get a 6 hour penalty, you have allready disconnected at least 6+ times. You deserve every minute. Play the game without being a whiny baby or gtfo.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094917#Comment_2094917

    I mean I wouldn't call DCing when theres one other survivor in the match at 5 gens 'screwing over teammates' but okay. How is DCing twice within the span of a week a sign of anything?

    I have a policy to never intentionally tunnel, camp or slug with too many gens up.

    Once dc penalties were shut down because of hackers giving other people's false bans I had people dc on first hit/down in the first minute, when I used a killer they didn't like on first visual contact or even when they heard noises from my power. Or whole groups using OoO and dcing when they didn't get the killer they wanted.

    You already admitted to have dc'ed three times before in the span of maybe a week. Once for the hatch (a dumb reason to dc, just let go in second stage and wait out the animation. if the killer finds your friend in that time tough luck) and twice because the killer used a build you didn't want to fight (just like a killer, set up against 4 meta equipped survivor outskilled maybe by the matchmaking, can fight it out to "improve their skills", so could you or give up and let him hook you).

    That's 3 dc because you intentionally disconnected and put those penalties on your tab. Now you got hit for reasons out of your control and have to bear the consequences.

    I had the game simply disappear on my two days ago (it simply shut down and I was back on my desktop). My first disconnect in 6 to 12 months. When I was back in the killer lobby the penalty had already run down to 90 seconds so not really a problem for people that don't dc regularly.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094801#Comment_2094801

    I've been here long before the penalty was introduced. The game is still enjoyable for me, even with all the tunneling and camping killers and the DC penalty makes the game even more enjoyable for me!

    You're wrong about punishments. Punishments certainly do change peoples behavior. Rather than being rash and repeating the mistake again, people would tend to think twice before they do something that leads to a punishment. As for the DC penalty, if the abusers refuse to change, that's fine too! They can just get longer and longer bans until they can't play anymore, perfect for selfish players who only care about themselves.

    It's about everyone's fun, not just yours or the killers. 3 other survivors had to wait anywhere from 5-20 minutes depending on the time of day and location. Believe it or not, there are lots of good survivors that enjoy getting tunneled because they're not terrible at the game and know how to loop for 2 or more gens. Heck, I'm probably one of the worst players in this game, and I even have carpal tunnel that causes my fingers to lock up or get numb, and I was able to loop a Ghost Face for 3 gens and an Oni for 2 gens at the start of the match. The Ghostface camped me, but you know what, I didn't dc like a selfish baby, I held on so my three random teammates can get out.

    DC penalties are working well, no need to mess with the tome missions. Soon enough, survivors won't be able to suicide on hook either, which will make the game even more enjoyable! That way, the DC penalties will just keep on increasing so the majority of players won't have to deal with selfish players anymore.

    "Soon enough, survivors won't be able to suicide on the hook, and then I'll be able to camp and tunnel even more, because that is just how bad I am at this game!" =]


    Yeah, claim it is about everyone's fun, but in fact you just want to play a douche and have people put up with you. :) People are back to disconnecting, and they should be.

  • @posterum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094818#Comment_2094818

    "Soon enough, survivors won't be able to suicide on the hook, and then I'll be able to camp and tunnel even more, because that is just how bad I am at this game!" =]

    Yeah, claim it is about everyone's fun, but in fact you just want to play a douche and have people put up with you. :) People are back to disconnecting, and they should be.

    You keep assuming I play killer, I don't. I haven't even touched killer in almost 3 months. I have close to 3k hours in the game and almost 2800 hours are mainly survivor. I joined this game because I loved the idea of sneaking around and thought it was originally a hide and seek game (If my name and avatar weren't enough clues, I prefer playing immersive). I knew nothing about looping until long after I started playing and saw a few videos on you tube.

    And no, people are not back to disconnecting. I have seen less dcs and less suicides since the penalties were introduced. But hey, everyone is free to do so if they wish, I hope all the selfish people who don't care about abandoning their teammates continue to dc over and over so that in the future, their bans will be long enough that I'll no longer have to go against the killer with only 2 teammates at 5 gens.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    If you managed to get a 6 hour penalty, you have allready disconnected at least 6+ times. You deserve every minute. Play the game without being a whiny baby or gtfo.

    This.

    @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094917#Comment_2094917

    I mean I wouldn't call DCing when theres one other survivor in the match at 5 gens 'screwing over teammates' but okay. How is DCing twice within the span of a week a sign of anything?

    And the fact that it was far more than twice, is ridiculous.


    The fact that you DC twice in one week just proves that your willing to DC every other time in every other week that you get pissed. Meaning that each month you probably DC multiple times, screwing over your teammates month after month after month. Even if it's only "twice a week" or "twice a month" it's still several times that you've screwed over average people trying to have fun in a game.


    Not only is the 6 hour penalty fair, but for dc'ing on purpose, even twice a month for 3 months, that should get you permanently banned from the game. Anyone who is willing to screw over their teammates several times per month, that person shouldn't be in the game at all. Go play Fornite.

  • Because the very moment penalties go offline people start disconecting for wathever small reason they find.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095884#Comment_2095884

    You keep assuming I play killer, I don't. I haven't even touched killer in almost 3 months. I have close to 3k hours in the game and almost 2800 hours are mainly survivor. I joined this game because I loved the idea of sneaking around and thought it was originally a hide and seek game (If my name and avatar weren't enough clues, I prefer playing immersive). I knew nothing about looping until long after I started playing and saw a few videos on you tube.

    And no, people are not back to disconnecting. I have seen less dcs and less suicides since the penalties were introduced. But hey, everyone is free to do so if they wish, I hope all the selfish people who don't care about abandoning their teammates continue to dc over and over so that in the future, their bans will be long enough that I'll no longer have to go against the killer with only 2 teammates at 5 gens.

    Worse than the "2 teammates at 5 gens" is the "Someone DC'ed right off the bat, and my friend and I (along with a random) STILL managed to get nearly all or all of the gens done, but died in the end. I can't count the number of matches like that where my friend and I were saying after the game, "We all would have gotten out if our selfish 'teammate' hadn't quit right off of the bat", and some of those games were against a Spirit/Freddy/Nurse, etc. Games like that, the lack of the 4th survivor was always the difference between an easy win and a 4K for the killer. "Teammates" like those deserve every second of the DC ban they get.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096012#Comment_2096012

    Worse than the "2 teammates at 5 gens" is the "Someone DC'ed right off the bat, and my friend and I (along with a random) STILL managed to get nearly all or all of the gens done, but died in the end. I can't count the number of matches like that where my friend and I were saying after the game, "We all would have gotten out if our selfish 'teammate' hadn't quit right off of the bat", and some of those games were against a Spirit/Freddy/Nurse, etc. Games like that, the lack of the 4th survivor was always the difference between an easy win and a 4K for the killer. "Teammates" like those deserve every second of the DC ban they get.

    My last game of last night was against a hook tunneling spirit. She never bothered to patrol gens and just rushed hooks as soon as someone was unhooked. A Jane decided she would rather die on hook instead of keep playing when we were at 4 gens. We managed to finish the gens but died due to NOED. If Jane stuck around, one of us could have found the totem and we could have escaped, but not, she chose to waste our time.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091996#Comment_2091996

    Lol I never quit on a regular basis esp rage quit. Get over yourself

    6 hour penalty says, so no I will not get over myself. And even assuming you're a telling the truth and not a lying little punk and it's your connection, if your connection is that terrible get offline and stop wasting your teammate's time and fix your ISP issues before coming back to the game. Playing a team game like this with crap internet is rude and inconsiderate.

1 2 ›