Think You Earned That Win in the Match? Nope!

I’ve been getting a lot of errors recently with the game on PS4. Just got done with a match against the Plague, and would have completed the rift challenge after the match. However, right as it goes to the endgame screen the error message appears and my game closes. Of course when I boot it back up all my progress I earned in that match went to waste and I didn’t complete the challenge. Thanks game! It especially feels like a middle finger to me cause I never get the error message during or before the match. Always as the endgame screen loads. Has anyone else been experiencing this more lately?

Comments

  • Before the most recent update the game froze on me when it reached the end screen a couple of times. No errors, just an infinitely walking killer and no stats ever appearing, I was forced to close the game and restart it. Any progress on dailies or challenges didn't count, which was definitely the most frustrating part.

    I haven't played enough since the update to know whether or not that's still going on.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Before the most recent update the game froze on me when it reached the end screen a couple of times. No errors, just an infinitely walking killer and no stats ever appearing, I was forced to close the game and restart it. Any progress on dailies or challenges didn't count, which was definitely the most frustrating part.

    I haven't played enough since the update to know whether or not that's still going on.

    it seems to happen at least once a day for me.

  • Yuck. I'd try posting about this in either Bug Reporting or Technical Issues. If the error is giving you a specific code, they might be able to pinpoint what's wrong in Technical Issues.

  • Has happened to me a lot lately.

  • I've been experiencing it a lot more and having to restart the game. Luckily when it happens I get it after I've escaped or died and get locked in the end screen so I don't get a dc penalty at least, but it's still super annoying to have to restart the game regularly now just to keep playing.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    I've been experiencing it a lot more and having to restart the game. Luckily when it happens I get it after I've escaped or died and get locked in the end screen so I don't get a dc penalty at least, but it's still super annoying to have to restart the game regularly now just to keep playing.

    I get it during the endgame screen before anything shows up. None of my progress is saved from the match it’s a waste

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2088491#Comment_2088491

    I get it during the endgame screen before anything shows up. None of my progress is saved from the match it’s a waste

    Its crazy that this games been out for nearly 5 years yet bugs like this occur more and more.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2088491#Comment_2088491

    I get it during the endgame screen before anything shows up. None of my progress is saved from the match it’s a waste

    Yup, I've been getting the same exact thing.