Interview with dspaceman20.

Recently I made a post asking if any major forum member would want to be interviewed and was accepted by dspaceman20. Questions will start simple favorites mains and what you don't like. Then I'll get into the balance, and health of the game. So dspaceman20 first questions I'll clump a little to save time.

1. Which side do you main?

2. Of that side which character do you main?

Comments

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089501#Comment_2089501

    22. I don't play killer so I don't think I'm knowledgeable to commit on if killers need a bug change.

    23. DBD is often criticized as the toxic game with a toxic community. Do you believe this to be true and if so why?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089724#Comment_2089724

    23. DBD is often criticized as the toxic game with a toxic community. Do you believe this to be true and if so why?

    23. Yeah I would say it's true to a certain extent, but this is because every community can be toxic one way or another, so to criticize dbd for having a toxic community isn't really significant in any way.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089728#Comment_2089728

    23. Yeah I would say it's true to a certain extent, but this is because every community can be toxic one way or another, so to criticize dbd for having a toxic community isn't really significant in any way.

    24. The fifth anniversary is upcoming do you believe that for now that'll be DBDs biggest chapter? but also be able to show behavior still has it in them after the last few catastrophes?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089736#Comment_2089736

    24. The fifth anniversary is upcoming do you believe that for now that'll be DBDs biggest chapter? but also be able to show behavior still has it in them after the last few catastrophes?

    24. Yes I do believe it will be their biggest chapter. Like last year when they released silent Hill. However I am a bit concerned which the current pattern of mediocre chapters I'm worried it will be the same.

    They have a pretty big expectation to live up too that's what makes it so big.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089998#Comment_2089998

    24. Yes I do believe it will be their biggest chapter. Like last year when they released silent Hill. However I am a bit concerned which the current pattern of mediocre chapters I'm worried it will be the same.

    They have a pretty big expectation to live up too that's what makes it so big.

    25. There was a recent discussion should the game be better centered around Hooks or Kills. Which do you think it should be centered around and the best way to do so?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090051#Comment_2090051

    25. There was a recent discussion should the game be better centered around Hooks or Kills. Which do you think it should be centered around and the best way to do so?

    26. I'm sorry but I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough on killer to make judgment on which is better And what it should be centered around.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091086#Comment_2091086

    26. I'm sorry but I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough on killer to make judgment on which is better And what it should be centered around.

    27. Okay then as a survivor do you find it more enjoyable when the killer goes for Hooks or Kills?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091100#Comment_2091100

    27. Okay then as a survivor do you find it more enjoyable when the killer goes for Hooks or Kills?

    27. Well Kills are really detrimental to survivors since they are out of the game and the more like survivors die the less likely they will win the game, so I guess it's enjoyable for hooks (ultimately I'm not sure)

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091115#Comment_2091115

    27. Well Kills are really detrimental to survivors since they are out of the game and the more like survivors die the less likely they will win the game, so I guess it's enjoyable for hooks (ultimately I'm not sure)

    28. Do you believe Licensed or Original chapters are overall better for the game?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091157#Comment_2091157

    28. Do you believe Licensed or Original chapters are overall better for the game?

    28. I believe original chapters are best for the game. Sure licensed chapters can be exciting but ultimately I find original chapter ones that build up the dbd universe is better and its always interesting to see the route they will go with the story.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091174#Comment_2091174

    28. I believe original chapters are best for the game. Sure licensed chapters can be exciting but ultimately I find original chapter ones that build up the dbd universe is better and its always interesting to see the route they will go with the story.

    29. Do you believe DBD has the right atmosphere to feel like a true horror game?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091177#Comment_2091177

    29. Do you believe DBD has the right atmosphere to feel like a true horror game?

    29. Yes it most definitely does. Like I said with maps. Reworking the maps to look better has had some amazing results and makes the atmosphere more scary.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091231#Comment_2091231

    29. Yes it most definitely does. Like I said with maps. Reworking the maps to look better has had some amazing results and makes the atmosphere more scary.

    30. Content creators often have uploaded videos like toxic this or that. And many behavior done in those videos can be pointed as the problems with the game by many people. So do you believe content creators have given the game a good rep or bad rep? Or that it doesn't matter and they should do what they want regardless of how it affects the game's reputation?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091236#Comment_2091236

    30. Content creators often have uploaded videos like toxic this or that. And many behavior done in those videos can be pointed as the problems with the game by many people. So do you believe content creators have given the game a good rep or bad rep? Or that it doesn't matter and they should do what they want regardless of how it affects the game's reputation?

    30. I definitely think content creators have given this game a bad reputation. They have videos of them doing toxic things or they either exaggerate on things they perceive as toxic in order to get views and it's honestly terrible. Both sides are terrible.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091248#Comment_2091248

    30. I definitely think content creators have given this game a bad reputation. They have videos of them doing toxic things or they either exaggerate on things they perceive as toxic in order to get views and it's honestly terrible. Both sides are terrible.

    I believe we'll wrap this up with a last few questions. Unless you can say something else.

    31. Do you believe the game is heading in the right direction and If not will it be fine or not?

    Simple questions I forgot to ask.

    32. How'd you come up with the name dspaceman20?

    33. What is your dream chapter?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091267#Comment_2091267

    I believe we'll wrap this up with a last few questions. Unless you can say something else.

    31. Do you believe the game is heading in the right direction and I'd not it'll be fine or not?

    Simple questions I forgot to ask.

    32. How'd you come up with the name dspaceman20?

    33. What is your dream chapter?

    31. I think the game is heading into a great direction. It's getting better for all sides.

    32. I came up with the name pretty simply. D for the first letter of my name and just randomly spaceman I'm also interested in astronomy.

    33. My dream chapter would be an outlast or evil within chapter. I like those horror games.

    If these are the last questions I would like to say thanks for interviewing me. And I hope people got to know a little bit more about me.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091325#Comment_2091325

    31. I think the game is heading into a great direction. It's getting better for all sides.

    32. I came up with the name pretty simply. D for the first letter of my name and just randomly spaceman I'm also interested in astronomy.

    33. My dream chapter would be an outlast or evil within chapter. I like those horror games.

    If these are the last questions I would like to say thanks for interviewing me. And I hope people got to know a little bit more about me.

    Thank you very much for being my first interviewed person. And I believe the community got to know dspaceman20 a lot better.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091414#Comment_2091414

    Thank you very much for being my first interviewed person. And I believe the community got to know dspaceman20 a lot better.

    Thank you so much again. Good luck on your next interview. And have a great game.

  • Kudos to both of you for this, I enjoyed reading through this.

    A few takeaways, as an onlooker...

    1. I like the Call and Response format--it makes the thread more digestable as a reader, and I imagine it is a lot less intimmidating for the interviewee. For you, @WishIcouldmain I imagine it also allows you to "post-pone" your copy-paste questions and follow-up with a response if you feel it is warranted. Overall, I think its the best format for this sort of thread.
    2. If you're going to continue this series, would you mind editing the title to something more official for archiving (i.e. Interview Series: Episode 1 | dspaceman20). Would be cool to be able to search the title in say... a month or two, and find multiple interviews very easily. This might also be nice if other people feel inspired and want to run interviews as part of the series
  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    Kudos to both of you for this, I enjoyed reading through this.

    A few takeaways, as an onlooker...

    1. I like the Call and Response format--it makes the thread more digestable as a reader, and I imagine it is a lot less intimmidating for the interviewee. For you, @WishIcouldmain I imagine it also allows you to "post-pone" your copy-paste questions and follow-up with a response if you feel it is warranted. Overall, I think its the best format for this sort of thread.
    2. If you're going to continue this series, would you mind editing the title to something more official for archiving (i.e. Interview Series: Episode 1 | dspaceman20). Would be cool to be able to search the title in say... a month or two, and find multiple interviews very easily. This might also be nice if other people feel inspired and want to run interviews as part of the series

    Could also work in a recorded Discord call

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    Kudos to both of you for this, I enjoyed reading through this.

    A few takeaways, as an onlooker...

    1. I like the Call and Response format--it makes the thread more digestable as a reader, and I imagine it is a lot less intimmidating for the interviewee. For you, @WishIcouldmain I imagine it also allows you to "post-pone" your copy-paste questions and follow-up with a response if you feel it is warranted. Overall, I think its the best format for this sort of thread.
    2. If you're going to continue this series, would you mind editing the title to something more official for archiving (i.e. Interview Series: Episode 1 | dspaceman20). Would be cool to be able to search the title in say... a month or two, and find multiple interviews very easily. This might also be nice if other people feel inspired and want to run interviews as part of the series

    Good idea

1 2 ›