A small DS buff

Speaking as a survivor main, the DS change was needed, for sure. However, it doesn’t do virtually anything to prevent tunneling (not that it fully did in the first place)

I suggest, in addition to the conditions set so far (touching a gen/totem/healing someone/etc), DS should remove its timer and be active indefinitely until another person is hooked. Some killers are completely abusing this nerf lately and negating any of the anti-tunneling purposes of this perk by just going on massive slugfests, and something really needs to change.

While not a perfect solution, I believe removing the timer is completely necessary now that the conditions are more strict. And if you aren’t a tunneler, this change should not face any opposition from you.

Comments

  • i think 60 seconds is enough to go down to a tunneler. all i would change is maybe increase the stun duration to 6 or 7 seconds cuz it clearly isnt long enough to make the killer lose you. not to mention that the getting off the killers shoulder already eats up a solid second or two

  • @Malum_Midnight said:

    Maybe something could also be done in end game? Because if I hook a survivor when all gens are done, and down them again when their unhooked, I don’t feel like that’s tunneling. If I hit another survivor, they get a speed and all get out. If a survivor is slugged with DS, they can either crawl out of the gate or be picked up and use DS. Not really anything a killer can do there

    What's the point of the perk, then? At this point, the best use of DS is ensuring that you make it out at the end. DS got nerfed to hell to bring it in line as the anti-tunnel perk it was proclaimed to be by the community, and yet it isn't even good at that tbh- if a killer is hell bent on tunneling you, DS doesn't do anything than set them back around 10s (or even less- Spirit, Blight, Nurse, etc., kind of especially don't care about DS because they can very, very quickly catch up by following scratch marks)

    ___________


    In my personal opinion, if they want DS to be this anti-tunnel perk, then they should consider actually making it an anti-tunnel perk, rather than this "Spirit downed and picked me up 10 seconds after my unhook, ok great I hit her with DS now just let me run away for a few more seconds until she catches up with me again anyways and downs me again, all within less than a minute". I think DS would be fine with the very heavy nerf it received if they added a couple of seconds of no scratch marks, because honestly? At this point, it really isn't doing that good of a job at getting "actually tunneling" killers to leave you alone.


    I think that if you had those 4s of running away+3s of no scratch marks, DS would actually do its job of discouraging killers from tunneling survivors, without it being broken.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Speaking as a survivor main, the DS change was needed, for sure. However, it doesn’t do virtually anything to prevent tunneling (not that it fully did in the first place)

    I suggest, in addition to the conditions set so far (touching a gen/totem/healing someone/etc), DS should remove its timer and be active indefinitely until another person is hooked. Some killers are completely abusing this nerf lately and negating any of the anti-tunneling purposes of this perk by just going on massive slugfests, and something really needs to change.

    While not a perfect solution, I believe removing the timer is completely necessary now that the conditions are more strict. And if you aren’t a tunneler, this change should not face any opposition from you.

    thats not a "small" buff that'd be a pretty big buff

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086899#Comment_2086899

    What's the point of the perk, then? At this point, the best use of DS is ensuring that you make it out at the end. DS got nerfed to hell to bring it in line as the anti-tunnel perk it was proclaimed to be by the community, and yet it isn't even good at that tbh- if a killer is hell bent on tunneling you, DS doesn't do anything than set them back around 10s (or even less- Spirit, Blight, Nurse, etc., kind of especially don't care about DS because they can very, very quickly catch up by following scratch marks)

    ___________

    In my personal opinion, if they want DS to be this anti-tunnel perk, then they should consider actually making it an anti-tunnel perk, rather than this "Spirit downed and picked me up 10 seconds after my unhook, ok great I hit her with DS now just let me run away for a few more seconds until she catches up with me again anyways and downs me again, all within less than a minute". I think DS would be fine with the very heavy nerf it received if they added a couple of seconds of no scratch marks, because honestly? At this point, it really isn't doing that good of a job at getting "actually tunneling" killers to leave you alone.

    I think that if you had those 4s of running away+3s of no scratch marks, DS would actually do its job of discouraging killers from tunneling survivors, without it being broken.

    I agree with the second half, perhaps it could be a type of “off the record” perk

1 2 ›