Why last year, we did not get 2 chapters of license?

Although, I deduce, that every year there are 2 original chapters and 2 licensed chapters, but the question here is, why last year we didn't get 1 licensed chapter after Silent Hill or Descend Beyond? I say it because now I realize, half of last year became boring, 3 original consecutive chapters, 2 of them a disappointment. I think I should say that a Chucky episode must have been Twins. but they screwed up with them and with Trickster. And I hope that the fifth anniversary is not the next disappointment. But knowing Behaviur will weaken the next licensed killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Wasn't there an attempt to get Candyman which became tied up in legal wrangling?

  • It should have been, but they prefer to remove it when the film is released, also if Spiral (Saw 9) had come out we would have had more content from Saw Chapter. Probably cosmetics.

  • There can be an infinite amount of original chapters, but there's a finite amount of licenses.

    Plus not every license holder is going to say yes.

    I don't know the inner workings of BHVR, but there being more originals than licenses in a year doesn't seem out of place to me.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Wasn't there an attempt to get Candyman which became tied up in legal wrangling?

    If this is true it would not have been something the devs told the community, strictly speculation.

    I know what you're talking about and that was just members of the community annoyed they didn't get Candyman so they started making up reasons why we didn't get Candyman.

  • I prefer original to licensed because licensed is actual money only, whereas original content can be purchased with shards. And I think it's easier for them to make changes and fix problems with original content.

  • Everyone seems to forget about that year we didn't get anything licensed. Clown-Plague.

    This is something BHVR made clear they wanted to do, but may not be entirely realistic.

  • There's no hard and fast pattern. Licenses come when they can agree a deal. No deal, no licensed chapter.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078872#Comment_2078872

    If this is true it would not have been something the devs told the community, strictly speculation.

    I know what you're talking about and that was just members of the community annoyed they didn't get Candyman so they started making up reasons why we didn't get Candyman.

    Ah, thanks for the info. I saw it on a site or two (Leaks by Daylight? Maybe not, since I hear they're reliable) as well as some hype on various forums so I just assumed that it was a definite thing that just didn't wind up happening yet.

  • The developers have stated that the wouldn't do more than 2 licenses per year. That's not saying they want to do at least 2 licenses each year, it means that 2 is the maximum for 1 year. It's not a guarantee.