Anyone else struggling to binge play DBD?

I've gotten to a point now where I feel like I just can't binge play DBD for like 4-5 hours straight like I used to anymore. After like 3-4 games, or around the hour mark, I feel like I have to step away because I either don't have fun or just get bored way too easily.

To me, the only content it feels like we've gotten the past six months is some QoL changes to Blight, Clown and Wraith and then a bunch of perks to clog up the grind of the bloodweb even more. Twins I dislike both playing and playing against, and Trickster is just a complete joke. Even with Blight's recent changes his collision feels worse than before, and as someone who has played Blight a ton and consider him my main for the past like 3 months, I don't even wanna play him at the moment.

The constant ignorance from BHVR with not listening to feedback, releasing ridiculously buggy patches, making multiple changes that nobody asked for (like the HUD change and completely broken chat filter) and just not being transparent enough with the community in terms of communication just throws me off too. Not to mention MMR will probably make this game 10x less enjoyable for me too.

idk, I just needed to share my thoughts on DBD at the moment because it's getting harder and harder to play

Comments

  • I can only play in short bursts nowadays. On both sides. I'm bored of most of the killers and find the new content dull. The few I do enjoy are pretty much unplayable on a lot of the worst maps like Hawkins, the threat of those maps sometimes keeps me from even booting up the game to play killer.

    It's not a bad thing. This games given me 3-4 years of entertainment so maybe I'm just slowly burning out. I took a long break from the game at Ghostfaces release and enjoyed the game quite a bit again. Might uninstall until next chapter soon, come back then and see if I enjoy it again.

  • I'm not playing until the pallet bug is fixed

    It makes survivor really unbearable and playing killer just feels wrong

  • It really is refreshing to step away from DbD. I almost equate it to cottage cheese. A good bite of chicken tastes great, but the second doesn’t usually top the first bite, I’m still lingering in good flavors, after all.

    However, you kill that first bite with cottage cheese and the second bite of chicken suddenly tastes even better then the first.

    After I play DbD, I can pick up any game and be mind blown over how more amazing it is over DbD. Whenever I get tired of these more amazing games, I go back to DbD and wallow in this cesspool for awhile and I know, the next time I touch a good game I abandoned, it will get the same amazing good games vibes all over again.

    Thanks DbD~

  • I can't relate to this at all because I play a game for like 40 minutes then switch activities (Probably a different game) but your points make complete sense. SoloQ has been really hard lately because I've been exposed to a ridiculous amount of camping so I know what you mean.

  • It definitely is when i get a sweaty freddy and spirit back to back lol, time for a little break.

  • Well they have pushed the game into this. At this point, the only way to play DBD is in a full SWF squad. Killer is extremely easy to the point of being boring. And solo queue is unplayable.


    Yeah, I did stop playing.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I'm not playing until the pallet bug is fixed

    It makes survivor really unbearable and playing killer just feels wrong

    what pallet bug?

  • There's a bug right now where killers simply do not get stunned by pallets, usually if they lunge

    And the worst part is you still get hit, so you can drop a pallet early, the killer can lunge and still hit you.

  • Playing this game in short burst is better anyway.

    You don't let all the little frustrations this game has build up

  • @CustomerService said:

    Well they have pushed the game into this. At this point, the only way to play DBD is in a full SWF squad. Killer is extremely easy to the point of being boring. And solo queue is unplayable.

    Yeah, I did stop playing.

    Watching some streamers play that home, sweet home game and it honestly looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully it takes off and dbd gets some competition so they get their crap together.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078244#Comment_2078244

    Watching some streamers play that home, sweet home game and it honestly looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully it takes off and dbd gets some competition so they get their crap together.

    Oh I'm actually playing it! I started two days ago. Today I found out you can switch continents (I was in Asia and I didn't know you could change it to Europe, I had 300 ping) and it's quite fun! Recommend it.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078358#Comment_2078358

    Oh I'm actually playing it! I started two days ago. Today I found out you can switch continents (I was in Asia and I didn't know you could change it to Europe, I had 300 ping) and it's quite fun! Recommend it.

    I'm watching Geistra right now and its kinda fun. It combines the things I liked about F13 (stamina bar, multiple objectives, ability to fight the killer) with the few things I liked about DBD.

  • Yeah... I'll say to myself "today's the day I finish the tome" and then after 2 or 3 games I'm really struggling to keep playing when playing solo or killer.

    It doesn't help that many of the challenges aren't actually challenges and should be renamed to "Play 3/4/5/6 games of survivor/killer".

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078250#Comment_2078250

    There's a bug right now where killers simply do not get stunned by pallets, usually if they lunge

    And the worst part is you still get hit, so you can drop a pallet early, the killer can lunge and still hit you.

    hasn't this always been a thing like if the really don't get stun at all( that a bug) but we always been able to hit sometime when pallet been drop on us.

  • Probably because it's just bugs after bugs, no new maps to learn or explore and the new killer is trash so seriously it's been many months since we had something new to entertain us with