Advice on playing survivor
I'm pretty bad at survivor, I only play as them occasionally. Usually what happens is that one or two people are on death hook by three gens, nobody's making generator progress, and most of us are injured. At that point, is it worth healing, or should we just push generators?
Comments
Nope, run left behind key. Swap at 6 seconds from a firecracker so it’s less obvious.
Depends on many things. Is there a safe tile nearby? Is it a predictable killer you can reliably loop for a while? Are you the person on death hook? How close is the generator to being done? How far away is the killer and how much time do you have? Things like these are called game sense that you develop by playing the game, or you can watch some YouTube videos. Those help a ton.
Also don't expect Solo Queue teammates to play well, more often than not they will be walking around doing nothing the whole game.
What helps me is thinking each game is expendable, or that each game's purpose is for bloodpoints. Don't think of winning, just do what you think is right lol. For me, I like unhooking people and doing gens, but for others it can be escaping on their own or hiding. (and I'm at low rank, where people don't really make high level moves to ensure team victories)
In your case, sometimes it's hard to make a turn around especially if you still have 5 gens left and the killer is constantly after you. I personally make healing a priority no matter what, because I personally think it helps, and also some other teammates might not think the same so I might be the only person willing to heal in a pinch lol. Then do what you can: do gens or elude the killer.
I swore to never join the dark side but if you say it sure lol
Learn to wait at corners and learn the safe points on every loop.
Play on ultra to make the killer glow brighter and longer.
Look behind you now and then to see what the killer is doing.
Master all this and the killer won't be able to catch you.
Well based off your name I’m assuming you’re a killer main, so why not do things as survivor that irritate you when you play killer. For eg: pre run early off the gen to a safe tile, greed pallets (pause in front of the pallet) and if the killer respects it time for another loop after you’ve looped it twice, toxic swap to a flashlight and go for cheeky flashlight saves, learn to run shack properly, good survivors can run any decent killer at shack for 1-2 gens before slamming god pallet. Abuse main buildings, dead hard for distance to a safe vault/pallet.. Iron will at long wall gyms is disgusting and for combining gyms/tiles.. Play smart and optimally. Pre slam pallets against deathslingers and pyramid heads. If your at L and T walls fast vault over and then maybe slowvault over again to mind game the killer a bit. Dumb tech the killer every now and then to throw them off.
hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha. I luv this advice, true SQ here :D
Learning to loop well and conjoin tiles is pretty key. Assuming that you're a killer main (based on your name and nearly 800 posts) I'm guessing you've already seen numerous examples of survivors looping well. Learn from them and practice. Learning to loop individual tiles well like jungle gyms and shack is important, but learning to conjoin tiles is what the best survivors do.
Equally important is learning good game sense from the survivor perspective. A good teammate spends a lot of time on gens in addition to getting chased. Prioritize splitting up and doing multiple gens. Tackle the central gens first to avoid getting 3 genned. Learn (through experience) when you should be slamming gens and when you should break off to get the save. Trust in your teammates to be altruism-crazy.
Scouting the map and remembering which tiles/pallets are where is very important. "Scouting" often just means looking around while doing gens to see what's nearby. When the killer starts a chase with you you should already have a plan on where to run to and how to loop them.
Also, don't be afraid to take a dive fir your teammates. Letting the killer hook you for the first time to draw him away from your teammates on death hook is super helpful.
Above all, be efficient. You need to do gens to win, so they should alaays be your priority. Nothing causes me more distress as survivor than getting chased for several minutes and downed only to see my teammates aren't doing jack-squat.
Small tips I would give to all survivors is to be mindful of others hook states and to capitalize on situations that can increase the pressure you place upon the killer
examples:
These were just a few very small tidbits and I’m not an expert by any means so take what I say with a grain on sand. Make your judgment calls based on in-game events and have some fun out there:)