I've lost all my hope in this game...
Saw this tweet from Farmer John, and it just makes me feel very irritated with the company of BHVR. This new chapter with the new killer in the Trickster is by far the WORST to have ever been made, and once again we all just wasted our times trying to tell BHVR that Trickster was just outright god awful. They basically ignored all that feedback that was given, and basically stuck the middle finger in the air to all of our faces. We have all spent quite a bit of money on this game, but when you realize the product is getting terrible why would you bother throwing your money back at it? Because BHVR basically summoned their pot of greed cards, and said we're gonna make this killer as bad as we like it and will not care what the player base thinks. So next time guys lesson learned don't bother giving your feedback for the next killer rework, or for the new killer who comes during the anniversary. I've given BHVR so many second chances because at times I feel like they can write the wrong, but I feel like I reached the limit of second chances. You basically put out a killer on the live version, who sucks at pretty much everything and expect people to waste their money on that!? Also to the people who defend the decisions of BHVR it's time for you to open your eyes, stand up, listen well, and realize that you're being used for money. I gladly kept my expectations low for Trickster buffs, cause I knew to not put my trust in a team who still can't even give their own poster boy three traps at base to start for almost five years. Like I want to like DBD because it's such a fun unique game, but it sadly will be held back from company greed as well as boneheaded decisions. I've given the game three strikes if it were to continue to disappoint, and well it might just seem like I need to just quit this game for good. Strike one was the 2020 Budget Decrease Halloween Event, strike two was the Binding of Kin chapter, and strike three is the laziest excuse from someone who was to lazy to fix a killer that already was bad as is and ended up getting nerfed on release.. I'm just left with disappointment, but I need to do my part and just stop playing DBD. I can't keep waiting for BHVR to catch up on what balance actually means in a video game, and feel like a rock will be lifted off my back once I hit the delete on DBD. Might take a break from here on the forums as well, but will be keeping my eyes open to see what's up. I've had great times with the game, but sadly BHVR caused me to stop playing it. Wish the best of luck to the people who keep playing DBD, but I want to move onto better games as well as newer games. My voice may not matter to the devs, but I know it will matter some place else that isn't DBD. Have fun gamers!

Comments
Oh you definitely know who it is, i'm not saying who because it'll break forum rules but tbh its tempting
I don't know what you expected from BHVR when they pushed out the new movement and HUD changes that no one asked for and everyone told them not to.
Even if they had a million players what data could they get?
People with no good perks just level 1 junk like unrelenting and monstrous shrine, getting to grips with a new killer for the first time
vs
Survivors running full meta loadouts and bringing their best items, genrush toolboxes, instaheals, keys, everything
They need to give killers access to more perks
Well I don't plan on simping for them like the people who complain about the issues with the game, but yet still waste all of their money because they like outfits.
Just wanted to chime in here on Overwatch. Blizzard stopped using the PTB for Overwatch a year ago. Its last usage was for Echo's release.
What they do now is add an "Experimental Card" (i.e. game mode) into the live game when there are balance changes to be made. The cards generally last a week or two, and by putting it into the live game, itself, it allows PC and Console players to all test the proposed balance changes.
And I will hand it to Blizzard in one regard: some changes have gone live, some have not. Unfortunately, some of the changes that went to live sometimes makes you wonder if they aren't as bad at balance as BHVR.
Now, that said, they haven't released a new Hero in Overwatch for a year now, and a new map longer than that. All new heroes and maps are being put into Overwatch 2, which has a 2022 release date at the earliest. Could be even longer. Generally, new maps and heroes would go to the PTB, and Blizzard's test servers are still PC-only. But as it stands, Overwatch hasn't needed a test server for a year now, and won't again until after Overwatch 2 releases in a year or more.
Trickster is garbage. Most of us said that in the ptb. Once in a great while were wrong but with this game. Were right more than were wrong. I have shards saved up and i dont even want trickster. Huge let down.
However i am happy with this patch just for the DS change. Ive been wanting this for so long i can overlook the terrible killer.
Yeah and people still say this game is great and other games like it were bad and terrible and that's why they didn't last. yes some of them were bad. some weren't but just because by some miracle at this point DBD survives doesn't make it a great game. mind you the person in question was a fog whisperer so they kind of have to suck up to the game.
The sad thing is, DbD has had the World of Warcraft effect on the asymmetrical genre. It's the king of the hill, and many of its players feel locked into it due to the grind and time commitment it took them to get anywhere with it. Why would they jump ship and start all over again in a new asymmetrical game, and lose all that grinding time and progress?
The same thing happened to MMOs with World of Warcraft. It rapidly became the King of the Hill in that industry, and people put in a lot of time, grind, and progression into their characters. New MMOs came out trying to capture some of that success, and far too many were considered failures by the respective studios. Oh, they might have gotten WoW players to try their game, but they weren't staying. They already had too much committed to WoW, itself.
And, those who did leave WoW apparently didn't jump to a new MMO. They jumped to a new game genre entirely. Hell, MMOs were my main gaming genre from 1999-2016.
And what happened? The MMO graveyard filled up, and now the genre is not what it used to be. And very, very few big studios even consider doing an MMO anymore. It's considered too high risk.
DbD is slowly having the same affect on the asymmetrical genre. DbD players feel locked in, the genre isn't pulling in a plethora of new blood outside of DbD MSRP sales, and DbD isn't exactly good at new player retention if Steam numbers a month or two after a sale are any indication. And with nothing else really out there with a player base, those players are heading back to the RPGs, shooters, battle royales, or MOBAs that they came from.
That's very true. If another game like Friday the 13th comes along that has as much respect and love of the franchise as that game had put into it. I would Drop DBD in heartbeat with no regrets.
The PTB exists for one reason and one reason only; it is to make us feel like we are taking part. I think they should do away with it altogether because it has the opposite effect. It just shows that they don't actually make changes based on it. In short, it is badly formulated PR.