New Censor Feature - Odd Censored Phrase

So, when I was chatting post-game, I was commenting how instead of picking up Nancy, I picked up Claudette. The message was like,

"She saved you in a way. Instead of picking you up, I picked her up." However, the censor feature did this:

"She saved you in a way. Instead of picking you up, I (censored) (censored) (censored)." Lol what?

Comments

  • yeah, the filter can be pretty stupid sometimes. I was once typing in Elder scrolls online "it is permanent" and the filter decided to censor "is" and "permanent" because of the "sperm" word, which i don't even consider a bad word tbh. Maybe because i'm too European...

  • what's next? Is BHVR gonna censor "Hey what's up, wanna go [BAD WORD] out or somethin, bro?"

  • I typed in “this game is dumb” after a match where the killer hit me over a pallet twice instead of getting stunned and it censored it. Definitely needs some work lol.

  • Even "MegHead" is censored.

  • The words trash and garbage aren't censored yet so

    Most of the endgame chat will probably be the same except instead of

    'Swear Garbage'

    It'll be

    '#### Garbage' instead

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    yeah, the filter can be pretty stupid sometimes. I was once typing in Elder scrolls online "it is permanent" and the filter decided to censor "is" and "permanent" because of the "sperm" word, which i don't even consider a bad word tbh. Maybe because i'm too European...

    I wasn’t able to call my horse cracker in Red dead 2

    The game that uses racial slurs

  • They censor the word "kill" and "killed". In a game where there's a mode called "Killer".

    Keep in mind, this is the same company that nerfed Gear Head.

  • tbag is censored as well for some reason. It's really annoying because it's been causing arguments because someone will say something like "There was no reason for that tbag =/" and it will just say: "There was no reason for that #######"

    and then someone will be like "lol u so mad potty mouth"

  • The game is rated M... It's about brutally killing people... Yet now we have to censor words? And the censor doesn't even work right??

  • Yeah the filter is kinda crazy. But you know, as BHVR said its meant to protect people from hearing racial, sexist and homophobic slurs (which I am all for). But instead you can't say social media sites, picked me up, tbag... Its censorship.

  • They also censored the word "Reddit" lmao

  • @boostedsurvivormain said:

    They also censored the word "Reddit" lmao

    To be fair that...that thing is pretty terrifying. Too much for a horror game.