I love self preservation and Fast Track.

These perks honestly helps so much. Forget Decisive Strike, I got Self Preservation.

Like seriously I was able to get away from tunneling killers so much when someone took a hit. Seriously if your worried about tunneling take self preservation it will help a lot.

Fast Track is absolutely fun as well. I had 12 stacks of it and got the last gen done just in time. It's great as well. Honestly very good perks all around.

Comments

  • Hi, my name is Iron Will/Lucky Break, I'm here for the poor soul who said self-preservation is good?

    Sarcasm aside, I really prefer smash hit over fast track. I often find myself being the gen slave, and really wish it was over more quickly, but getting 4 seconds of sprint burst is so much more fun.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    These perks honestly helps so much. Forget Decisive Strike, I got Self Preservation.

    Like seriously I was able to get away from tunneling killers so much when someone took a hit. Seriously if your worried about tunneling take self preservation it will help a lot.

    Fast Track is absolutely fun as well. I had 12 stacks of it and got the last gen done just in time. It's great as well. Honestly very good perks all around.

    I am happy you like them.


    I haven't tried them yet :(

  • I actually think Self-Preservation is a niche perk that also fills the niche well at this point. It won't be picked because of the 8-12 survivor meta perks, but I think it is about as good as survivor perks should be. Make it hide auras and/or block screams as well and it could almost be meta.

    Fast Track though... It can feel like it comes in clutch, but getting more great skill checks over the course of the game and running one of the chase extender perks is almost always going to be better. The best survivor perks waste the killer's time (maybe even multiple times a match), and this perk doesn't compensate. At the same time, thank god they didn't make a really good survivor perk that buffs gen speeds, because that'd be bullshit. Pure gen speed perks probably shouldn't exist, especially if they don't require some personal sacrifice.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Hi, my name is Iron Will/Lucky Break, I'm here for the poor soul who said self-preservation is good?

    Sarcasm aside, I really prefer smash hit over fast track. I often find myself being the gen slave, and really wish it was over more quickly, but getting 4 seconds of sprint burst is so much more fun.

    You’re forgetting that Self Preservation also hides scratch marks. As well as blood trails and silencing. For 10 seconds as well, which is plenty of time to disappear.

    No other perk in the game does those things at the same time. You literally turn into a ghost if you can break LOS.

    It will probably only activate a few times during each match, but the opportunities it can provide to get out of bad situations can’t be understated.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061157#Comment_2061157

    You’re forgetting that Self Preservation also hides scratch marks. As well as blood trails and silencing. For 10 seconds as well, which is plenty of time to disappear.

    No other perk in the game does those things at the same time. You literally turn into a ghost if you can break LOS.

    It will probably only activate a few times during each match, but the opportunities it can provide to get out of bad situations can’t be understated.

    The issue is that in what situation are you going to be with another survivor, unseen by the killer, and in need of an escape? Such an arrangement is just not that common.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061187#Comment_2061187

    The issue is that in what situation are you going to be with another survivor, unseen by the killer, and in need of an escape? Such an arrangement is just not that common.

    It’s pretty common with unhooks.

    If your teammate takes the hit after you’re unhooked, you can disappear. If you run BT and your teammate takes the BT hit, you can disappear.

    It’s also not uncommon for Survivors to be grouped up when working on a generator and being interrupted. Self Preservation can be your ticket out of a bad situation.

    Keep in mind that when Self-Preservation activates you leave ZERO TRACES. All you need is to round a corner and the Killer won’t be able to track you. The second they lose sight you’re gone which is especially likely to happen if other, trackable, teammates are nearby.

    Dance With Me loses scratches for 3 seconds and still leaves a blood trail and sound. And that can throw Killers off big time. Now imagine 10 seconds with no giveaways at all

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061196#Comment_2061196

    It’s pretty common with unhooks.

    If your teammate takes the hit after you’re unhooked, you can disappear. If you run BT and your teammate takes the BT hit, you can disappear.

    It’s also not uncommon for Survivors to be grouped up when working on a generator and being interrupted. Self Preservation can be your ticket out of a bad situation.

    Keep in mind that when Self-Preservation activates you leave ZERO TRACES. All you need is to round a corner and the Killer won’t be able to track you. The second they lose sight you’re gone which is especially likely to happen if other, trackable, teammates are nearby.

    Dance With Me loses scratches for 3 seconds and still leaves a blood trail and sound. And that can throw Killers off big time. Now imagine 10 seconds with no giveaways at all

    Well, that brings the issue of you have to not be seen, and I have literally not seen a Blendette in a few months (which I guess is the point but ...).

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061315#Comment_2061315

    Well, that brings the issue of you have to not be seen, and I have literally not seen a Blendette in a few months (which I guess is the point but ...).

    You can be seen for a little bit. You just have to lose LOS within the 10 seconds.

    Literally any indoor map, shack or jungle gym tile can give you what you need to disappear. All you need is a wall with some corners. Because the Killer won’t be able to guess which direction you went. And again there will be another teammate leaving tons of blood and scratches to follow.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061324#Comment_2061324

    You can be seen for a little bit. You just have to lose LOS within the 10 seconds.

    Literally any indoor map, shack or jungle gym tile can give you what you need to disappear. All you need is a wall with some corners. Because the Killer won’t be able to guess which direction you went. And again there will be another teammate leaving tons of blood and scratches to follow.

    I think having the killer know the general area of where you are is still pretty meh. I would really like it if it let you make a silent escape, without them knowing you were there. It would be a lot more interesting on that end.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061347#Comment_2061347

    I think having the killer know the general area of where you are is still pretty meh. I would really like it if it let you make a silent escape, without them knowing you were there. It would be a lot more interesting on that end.

    The Killer doesn’t necessarily have to know you’re there. You just have to be near where your teammate got hit.

    12m isn’t like a protection hit range. It’s farther away than a Coup de Grace Lunge.

    If you’re running Spine Chill and see it light up while you’re working on generator, you could back up a little bit and book it the second your teammate gets hit. The Killer wouldn’t necessarily know you were ever there.

    It’s also good for people following around for flashlight or pallet saves because the Killer won’t see any scratches that would make them suspicious since you lose them when the teammate goes down