Trickster buff ideas
Since the forums are full with people complaining about him I decided, why not join the fun?
I have mostly simple changes , but I suggest adding one of those I thought of, not combinations.
1. 115% ms killer in main event and make it easier to get. If he is 115% generally, no one will use his power. So this is a secondary solution. Id suggest also making main event refresh it's cooldown after each down so he can be a machine gun, but could be too op so let's leave it at that. Id make it so you can cancel the throwing of the knives so you can check lockers. If the killer is on main event, just hide in a locker and you're legit fine. This shouldn't be a thing, the old viktor situation.
2. Make his knives able to slow survivors by 5-7% or so. That way he'll be able to catch up easier and get multiple stacks.
3. Make it so his knife damage doesn't dissapear OR doesn't dissapear that easily. Think of it like ghost face, you should be rewarded for landing this hits. This way you'll be rewarded and you'll be able to not commit in a chase. Currently, if you try to commit to a chase to a somewhat infinite, the knife damage will disappear quickly, and if you leave them even if you've landed some knives, you just wasted ammo and time getting 0 progress. Either make it infinite or make it so survivors must pull the knives out themselves, the time will be based on the amount of knives you've landed and it will act like a totem cleansing basically, meaning if you interrupt your m1 you'll have to do it all over again.
And that's all. If you have any questions or objections let me know below
Comments
5 to 7%? Damn that is waaaaay to high. Maybe like 1-2% per knife. I agree with everything else but if the knives are that high, think... 8 *5 = 40% slow. God damn that makes him vs that survivor basically a 150% movespeed killer. That would be bonkers.
I can mostly agree with #1 and #3, but I don't like #2. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the Hindered Status to begin with, so I'd rather just avoid using it entirely.
#1: I'm not sure about completely refreshing Main Event on a down, but allowing him to auto-recharge a portion of it for every health state of damage he inflicts (including downs) and allowing him to stay in Main Event for longer would improve his snowball potential and better reward skilled use of that ability.
#3: I think survivors should have to manually remove knives to decrease their laceration meter. Have each knife take 2 seconds to remove and require the survivor to be stationary to perform the interaction. If the survivor was suffering from Deep Wounds and Laceration at the same time, then Mending would take priority over knife-removal.
Additionally, more as a gimmick than something truly useful, I think it'd be kinda neat if they let Trickster throw knives while carrying a survivor (albeit at a reduced "fire-rate" since he'd only have one hand free). This would make him unique as the only killer who could actively use their power while holding a survivor.
Make 115% his default movement speed.
why not join the fun?
Because it has been almost a month since we saw the ptb. If the devs had any intention of taking feedback on board they would have done so by now. As it is, thanks for the money and check out our new cosmetic range. See you in 3 months when we have some new snake oil for ya.
I didn't mean that they should stack
nvm then