Wish The Match would Inform Us on Twitch Streamers

I don’t want to be in your video. I don’t want to get hate mail and such from your toxic followers. I don’t want you to make money off me playing and you being toxic towards me for the views. If I’m forced to dance for you and your viewers amusement I would at least like to be asked first. I have rarely if ever gotten a positive experience from having a TTV in my lobby.

edit: for people asking about the hate mail I’m on PS4 and they were able to send me messages through PSN. It’s only happened about twice so it’s rare but I still wanted to include it. I guess it’s partly my fault for keeping my messages open, but it just kinda sucks i have to close myself off in case I get actual good messages from players in the game. Which has happened. Heck, I’ve made friends on here that way by getting messages without having to be my friend first.

Edit 2: reading comments I’ve realized that I’ve overreacted to TTV. Just because I’ve had a few bad matches with them I shouldn’t demand a lot of the things I want in this post. I still would prefer maybe having my username blurred out in streams but other than that I can deal with the rest. I made the post out of anger and such.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055855#Comment_2055855

    If you think an online persona is not going to way of your actual persona then you are delusional as to technological progress.

    It may come to that someday. It isn't there now, and even if it is there someday, you are online in a public venue. The same laws will apply to expectation of privacy and public filming. Meaning nothing will change, if you don't like it, go play single player games offline.

  • @Supernaut said:

    With the OP on this.

    If the EULA of DBD stated that my games could be streamed, then that's good.

    I have no agreement with twitch, or any twitch users.

    After a hard day of work, I do not want the fact that I have all purple perks and still play like a potato, while I get abused by a 14 year old and his pals, streaming out of his mothers back bedroom, potentially to the world.

    Thank you.

    You don't have to have an agreement. No expectation of privacy, public area (the internet is not your backyard), you are fair game. Don't like it? Stay offline, stick to single player. That would be the equivalent of shutting your front door and drawing your curtains. No one has the right to film you on private property or where you have an expectation of privacy. You have neither of those online.

  • @Supernaut said:

    With the OP on this.

    If the EULA of DBD stated that my games could be streamed, then that's good.

    I have no agreement with twitch, or any twitch users.

    After a hard day of work, I do not want the fact that I have all purple perks and still play like a potato, while I get abused by a 14 year old and his pals, streaming out of his mothers back bedroom, potentially to the world.

    Thank you.

    Wow the hate towards streamers is something else. They're definitely not people that are streaming because covid-19 doesn't allow em to work normally, or because they have time or even worse because they ######### can and have time.

    They're definitely 14 year olds that don't care about their viewers and such

    Ok pal

  • Actually insane how some of you behave here. Let me let you in on something here. I am a permanently sick guy because I have epidermolysis bullosa dystrophic and suffered a superinfection on both of my legs which almost lead to me losing them. I use streaming as an outlet to not feel lonely and try to live without pain killers destroying my body.

    Due to COVID19 I can't even go to a gym to better my body and get in shape because of COVIDIOTS and you are telling me you should be entitled to money just because I am streaming? On top of that, if there's one thing I enjoy most about streaming is that when people tell me I was able to put a smile on their face.

    I don't know who you are watching to get this stereotypical hate picture imprinted on you that you seem to have but please don't label every streamer the same just because you dislike 1 of thousands of streamers.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055895#Comment_2055895

    ^ this.

    Streamers are the ones who are asking for a Streamer Mode. And from my experience, if anything, TTVs get more hate than non-TTVs who are playing with a Streamer.

    There were countless occasions where I witnessed that some Community-Members of bigger streamers went into smaller Streams to harrass the Streamer, if they did anything what they did not like. Or where non-Streamers went into the Chat of Streamers to complain about them. Or, where Killers simply tried to tunnel off Streamers, just for being a Streamer. There are multiple threads on this Forum about the topic that some players want to make the experience of Streamers miserable, just because they are streaming.

    And as said before, I have never experienced it the other way around.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055906#Comment_2055906

    This has nothing to do with being good or bad. You can be the best Clown-player in the world, but nobody would notice you if you stream. Just look at Twitch how many Streamers are streaming DBD. And how far you have to scroll down to see the Streamers with 0 viewer (or slightly above 0). You wont find any viewers unless you get hosted by a bigger Streamer or advertise yourself. Which the Streamers do by putting TTV (or similar things) in their name.

    Once you have an audience, you dont need that anymore. Some even dont use their Stream-Name anymore. But as a small streamer, you need advertisment.

    Make good content and you'll get noticed. Having ttv isn't going to make people tune in if you play bad. I have had ttvs that are so bad it's not surprising people wont watch. They're often toxic and bad players who instead of putting in time and effort expect to copy others yet be way worse. Its call a USP (unique selling point) which most ttvs dont have and people shouldn't worry about a streamer who has 2views and isn't some pro player

  • It is quite annoying to be bombed by a streamers audience either for playing to good "try-harding" or playing like a potato apparently. But thats always been in the chats ive never been bombarded with messages directly and its kinda my fault for entertaining it by entering the chat. But either way i don't really mind its a game after all. Some people will just tunnel mori twitch streamers which just sounds petty. Im fine with them wanting to not have ttv in their name for that reason.

  • I struggle to imagine how the game would force streamers to be exposed in the lobby.

    I mean i know some games heavily involve the streamer aspect into their games, i play one that does just that.

    But it's always optional settings, a streamer could easily have the basic settings on and use outside programs to still stream the game and be a "normal player".

    Even if they decide to force streamers to show they are streamers, i don't know how they'd do it.

  • Regardless of our feelings the EU is now subject to GDPR and as ridiculous as it may sound to some of you I am curious as to how this impacts us.


    What constitutes personal data?

    The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.

  • @Supernaut said:

    Regardless of our feelings the EU is now subject to GDPR and as ridiculous as it may sound to some of you I am curious as to how this impacts us.

    What constitutes personal data?

    The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.

    The Dead By Daylight developers aren't providing a 'streamer mode' which a vast majority of the streamers have been begging for because they have been streamsniped with malicious intentions as well as held hostage by said streamsnipers.

    It's not a one-way street.

  • @Yoonz said:

    Actually insane how some of you behave here. Let me let you in on something here. I am a permanently sick guy because I have epidermolysis bullosa dystrophic and suffered a superinfection on both of my legs which almost lead to me losing them. I use streaming as an outlet to not feel lonely and try to live without pain killers destroying my body.

    Due to COVID19 I can't even go to a gym to better my body and get in shape because of COVIDIOTS and you are telling me you should be entitled to money just because I am streaming? On top of that, if there's one thing I enjoy most about streaming is that when people tell me I was able to put a smile on their face.

    I don't know who you are watching to get this stereotypical hate picture imprinted on you that you seem to have but please don't label every streamer the same just because you dislike 1 of thousands of streamers.

    Unfortunately to some people streamers aren't human, they're just lazy asses that use their money to be able to stream and flex to everyone about that and equip a fake persona so they can make more money. That's quite literally the 0.04% or even less.

    It's borderline disgusting on what I see in the forums.

  • @LexTalionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055860#Comment_2055860

    It may come to that someday. It isn't there now, and even if it is there someday, you are online in a public venue. The same laws will apply to expectation of privacy and public filming. Meaning nothing will change, if you don't like it, go play single player games offline.

    I cannot film people on a naked beach and sell that for money without their concent, that is the point.

    If a streamer uses me or anyone for their own gain, then those participants should be compensated / asked for permission.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056779#Comment_2056779

    I cannot film people on a naked beach and sell that for money without their concent, that is the point.

    If a streamer uses me or anyone for their own gain, then those participants should be compensated / asked for permission.

    You aren't a naked person on DBD, the fact you try to make these comparisons without seeing the sheer difference in them is quite ridiculous.

  • Also people keep clamouring to GDPR when I'm pretty sure GDPR is about how companies can use and collect your data, nobody is using or collecting your data by recording your game in DBD.


    This entire thread is absolute insane.

  • I can't even believe that this is unironic.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Also people keep clamouring to GDPR when I'm pretty sure GDPR is about how companies can use and collect your data, nobody is using or collecting your data by recording your game in DBD.

    This entire thread is absolute insane.

    If it's an identifier, then it's personal data. Pretty sure console gamer tags are unique, so they would fall under that category.

    Like it or not, it's Law.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056779#Comment_2056779

    I cannot film people on a naked beach and sell that for money without their concent, that is the point.

    If a streamer uses me or anyone for their own gain, then those participants should be compensated / asked for permission.

    Are we seriously comparing filming NAKED PEOPLE to being seen as a video game character on a Twitch stream? Jesus christ

  • Considering how this thread is going, I'm going to lock it down as there also have been some attacks and insults towards content creators. You are free to not feel comfortable with being on someone's stream/YouTube, but let's avoid attacking them for sharing their content online. Things can be discussed in a civil manner.

1 2 ›