Problem running with survivors

Hi guys so basically on ps4 im having trouble with my survivor running properly. Halfway through running theyll start moving slower or start walking even, this happens most commonly when im panning my camera to look around me and it is getting very frustrating as i cant do chases properly. I originally thought it was a problem with my controller so i put the running on l2 instead of r2 and it didnt fix anything. Strangely enough it was completely fine this morning and has only happened when the strange update came on today (im playing on ps4 btw) is anyone having similar problems or can help me please!

Comments

  • It might be your stick. Not 100% sure, but if I believe PS controllers use the same stick mechanism as Xbox controllers. There are tiny plastics pieces inside the mechanism that wear down over time and when they break, you get stuff like stick drift or low value inputs to the point that you can't ever go 100% in certain directions (ie. pushing the stick all the way to the left only registers as 90%). Try another controller and if it still happens then IDK.

  • I will second trying another controller , it sounds like bleed off on the stick . this is why at first you are running 100% but the longer you do so the slower it becomes until you are just walking . It is possible that its something in the patch that is causing it but I would test a new controller first and then go from there .

  • Ok thanks for the answers i was going to try out a new controller since the problem isnt resolving but just found it really strange that it was working fine until after the patch
  • I found that when i didnt move my controller at all it would move to the left by itself so i guess it really is the controller. I will buy a new one thanks for the help
  • For me it's not the controller. Sometimes I would just stop running for no reason. Happens only on this game and Friday the 13th. Tried new controller, same thing. On dbd it doesn't happen too often like before but it could be just me playing less.
  • danara said:
     trouble with my survivor running properly. Halfway through running theyll start moving slower or start walking. 
    I had the same issue some days ago. I changed my controller. Everything is working fine now. I'll get my old controller replaced. Also, while playing killer, my screen would auto rotate slowly when pressing R2. Since I have my power on R2, playing hillbilly was always a mess as I usually bumped into objects due to that stupid auto-tilt/rotation. 

    Here's the video of the slow walk during the run action :  https://youtu.be/ZVf9b-oABeY
    (Watch from 6:15 to 6:27)
    I guess, it's the same for you. Switching to a new controller will resolve it 100%.
  • i think its the controller when i switch to my other ps4 controller theres no problem in running

  • @k0biE0224 said:

    i think its the controller when i switch to my other ps4 controller theres no problem in running

    WHY.

    THIS POST IS OLDER THAN MY ACCOUNT IS.

  • Because.... reasons!