Flashlights SHOULD hurt
There's design decisions in this game where players physically feel unwell like the struggling and wiggling mechanics, why do flashlights get adjusted? This doesn't seem in tone with the rest of the game design.
There's design decisions in this game where players physically feel unwell like the struggling and wiggling mechanics, why do flashlights get adjusted? This doesn't seem in tone with the rest of the game design.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It shouldn't actually hurt to look at in real life on screen. That brightness was basically headache inducing. The flashlight still does what it's supposed to in game, but no one should have to endure a painful flash to their eyes playing a simple game.
I get cramps sometimes during hook2 phase sometimes because my keyboard is ######### and actually needs to be hit hard, I remembers devs saying that it's supposed to be a crappy experience or else it wouldn't be a struggle.
Yeah I know, killers should suffer
Get another keyboard then? I dont have problems on mine
And for some reason, survivors dont get cramps hammering ctrl
You can change struggle/wiggle to make it easier on you (scroll wheel on mouse, different key). At least on PC. Wiggle on console isn't that bad unless you reef on the thumbstick instead of just rotate it in calm circles (seriously people, just do some circles, stop breaking your dang controllers!)
You couldn't change being blinded IRL.
Big difference between "wah, I don't want to press a button" and "Welp, who has some eye drops? Guess I better go schedule some LASIK"
Struggling is not a choice unless you want to ######### over the 4 other people.
You already don't care that you ######### them over with your crappy connection, so why do you care if you ######### them over by dying?
Haha, you remembered
Well, it did just happen...
Because no videogame should physically hurt you.
If you feel pain from wiggling or struggling, you're doing it too hard.
The new screen is way more realistic.
Could we make it so only survivors get physically hurt, not killers? I mean, if you like pain so much, you should receive it yourself, dont need to hurt others.
Yes because killer players always have to suffer right?
Your right, we should also implement way for survivor to feel the pain of getting slashed and hooked.
I was thinking about like a gantelet that you need to plug to your computer and the game won't allow you to play survivor if it isn't plugged and doesn't sense an heartbeat.
Whenever you get injured ingame razor blade would lacerate your arm