Once you go Blight...
I finally switched to mouse and keyboard instead of beating my head against the wall with my controller trying to learn the blight. Now I am finally getting good with him with a proper control and I don't want to play anyone else!
Every other killer feels incredibly slow now unfortunately. Other than the oni it's sapping the fun out of all the other killers. What can I do about this?
Comments
Billy, Demo. Both definitely provide a feeling of speed.
I do love me some blight though; especially double recovery, blighted crow, or alchemist ring.
Double recovery is just magical although you need the crow to really nail people at some of the safer loops.
Should I wait on the Crow for a little bit since I am still new to him? Really really solidify my muscle memory with the current speed?
Well it's not really "muscle memory", it's more a case of if you're used to how Blight's mechanics work, like Billy and engravings or charge add-ons when those used to be a thing. Double speed add-ons is very fun to use.
I just worry because one of the things on console that happens is you miss a lot of hits that should connect. Don't know why but even on PC when I use my xbox controller this still happens. I had to learn through countless videos how to hit somebody when there right next to me and wait and don't swing early.
I guess that's what I am worried about messing up is the timing of my attacks
Play with your food. Everybody is speed...
I mean no reason not to use it now. I never do double speed since I feel like crow + canker thorn is better than crow + rat. The recovery speed ones help a ~ton~ with landing next to gens and then scoring a hit before they can get to a loop. Or if you mess up your bounces it’s not very punishing, as well as letting you traverse the map very quickly. With double recovery I usually just do 1 or 2 bounces and let the charges come back just because the cooldown is nonexistent.
As far as the crow, you are still running the loops the exact same way it’s just you get faster and faster until eventually you catch them no matter which portion of the loop they are at; and you can cover the entire loop so quickly it becomes unsafe. Without it, a ton of safe loops you don’t really catch people with his power at all. Crow totally changes which hits you can get.
Oh man I'm gonna look up some people doing that on YouTube and start practicing at myself. That sounds exciting!
Once you go blight you kill baby Dwights.
It is.
https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalCrazyHorseradishFreakinStinkin-q0gvgdVpxRWB_UQeI don’t record my gameplay but here is a streamer I faced earlier tonight. By holding the charges with canker thorn I could instantly start another rush chain after landing near his gen.
He ran the loop the exact same way twice, and I did the exact same bounces to catch him. But on the second time he got one bounce further; and I knew he didn’t make another bounce so I pre swung at the pallet and instantly destroyed it, making him think I was running the iri addon.
That’s what I think the best blighted crow use is, although maybe a 10 million IQ player could use the extra speed to open up new trajectories.
Watching it makes me realize the blights bouncing sounds/puss splattering are client sided and not server sided since it shows me smacking the wall while landing near his gen when I did not. As well as no animation for hitting the locker before breaking the pallet.
Blight kind of ruined maze tiles for me. Normally he can get hits where most others can't just by following similar basic pathing but in his Lethal Rush, but... Now I play other killers and feel robbed when they clearly were going to get the window vault :(
It kinda depends, if you master double speed blight, playing blight normally will feel like slow motion and you can be very consistent without any speed
That's so strange. I wish I could see it from your perspective so I could see the difference and really understand what you mean
And are you sure you hit the locker? It looked like you hit the wall next to the locker and I definitely hear the sounds
This is going to sound silly, but play DBD Mobile. ALL chases feel fast. As survivor. As killer, any killer. There’s just a feeling of speed!
makes DBD Standard feel so slow and sluggish though!
I don’t hear the sounds on the third bounce. It looks like the blight magically slides off the locker/wall and turns to make the rush towards the survivor camping the pallet. ~30 seconds into that clip I don’t hear anything, that is the third bounce. I hit the staircase pillar, I hit the wall at the top of the stairs, and then I hit the locker/wall and there is no notification.
Unrelated; I never hit the boat on the way into that chase. If I did, the recovery animation would have been because I was at 0 charges. I landed at that generator at 3 charge. I would not have been able to recover and instantly bounce through the loop into a hit as seen around 15 seconds in.
I always attempt to land at generators with charges left. Using all 5 is a desperation move to move across the map quickly enough.
And for clarification; there are two sounds to listen for. The blight splatter against the wall, and the blight scream.
He splatters twice, and screams 3 times over three rushes. When he hits the wall the third time, he doesn’t splatter against it but screams for his third attack.
In conjunction with hearing him splatter against a wall I never hit and proved I have never hit, that’s how I know the splattering of blight is client sided and can basically be disregarded.
And I have watched myself play against streamers a fair amount. You barely see or hear him hit the walls, he just kinda flies around.
More like: "Once you go Blight, you miss regular height."
AYYYYYYYY
Dude that some serious D sync if that's true
Ahahahaha nice! Soon we will have our day. I just hope it doesn't take away the feeling of speed when they raise the pov
You can watch it yourself. Right at 30 seconds into that clip. There is no smacking sound against the wall. There is an attacking scream notification.
This is a clip recorded by a completely different person than myself. Do I need to bring up the game crippling issues of the last few patches? Where the forums were ablaze with survivors complaining about hits because the killers point of view was a second or two too far? That’s this same company.
Yea im aware of desync causing hits that are wonky, but damn playing an entire animation that didn't happen? Lol that's some crazy #########!
Think of it as just another reason Blight is good, you can skim a wall and survivors will think you actually hit it