Why hold the game back for moonwalks?

Every time the devs change something with survivor movement we get a flood of crying that they can't moonwalk or 360 any more.

Clearly if your survivors have enough time to entertain themselves moonwalking then doesn't that point to an issue with balance? If you are so unbelievably bored that you need to practice walking backwards all game, i would say we need a huge killer buff or map nerf.

Survivors claim 360's are pointless, but why do they rage and cry and fit all over the forums and social media every time it is toned down? It is clearly gaining them some kind of advantage if this is the case.

Make the game better and stop going back to 2016.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050037#Comment_2050037

    In fear of derailing this topic here I go.

    "You're one of those people"

    Yes I am, and I have the skills to back it up. I would unironically consider myself an incredibly good PH player, unlike everything else in this game which I'd say I'm pretty awful at.

    It was a buff. To a good pyramid head the change was a buff; very, very few survivors are able to exploit the small window of time given when you cancel your power, and the reduced cooldown on POTD makes both missing less punishing and hitting even more rewarding.

    I stand by my statement that he's one of the strongest killers in this game, and if you think he's only good in "a few situations" then you just need to get better.

    He has one glaring weakness, which is the predrop-and-w-key style of gameplay as that renders him effectively powerless, however the second someone attempts to loop you it's over.

    Everyone called it a nerf, even Otz called it a nerf whose word seems to be gospe around here.

    You’re literally the only person who has ever called it a buff. Even the devs said its a nerf.

    But ok, I’ll come to you for any and all killer advice from now on because clearly you’re the expert


    edit: for what its worth I agree with you about his weakness. Too bad with MMR on that was every survivor, every game. Im less concerned about how powerful it was and more worried about how mind numbingly boring it was to play against. Thats a killer I probably wont be touching once MMR is on.

  • image.png

    so there's our banned fellow @hahadrillgobrrr saying it was a buff.

    i could also ask some other people but don't expect a response for some time.

    Everyone called it a nerf, even Otz called it a nerf whose word seems to be gospe around here.

    Hi can I direct you to my earlier response

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050020#Comment_2050020

    I've literally never called it a 50/50, so I'm just using the same argument I've always used. If other people call it a 50/50 good for them, funnily enough we're completely different people.

    Contrary to popular belief, not all survivors nor all killers are a hivemind with identical opinions.

    And no, that update was an absolute buff for people who actually knew how to play him. If you still think of it as a nerf, you're not a good pyramid head player.

    I'm not the same as everyone else, it's not a hivemind contrary to popular belief, and people are actually capable of having unique opinions.

    I know, an opinion, what a shocking topic.

    @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050050#Comment_2050050

    Everyone called it a nerf, even Otz called it a nerf whose word seems to be gospe around here.

    You’re literally the only person who has ever called it a buff. Even the devs said its a nerf.

    But ok, I’ll come to you for any and all killer advice from now on because clearly you’re the expert

    edit: for what its worth I agree with you about his weakness. Too bad with MMR on that was every survivor, every game. Im less concerned about how powerful it was and more worried about how mind numbingly boring it was to play against. Thats a killer I probably wont be touching once MMR is on.

    edit: forgot to quote you, there you go

  • this thread seems fun.

    The survivor movement that we have right now does feel a bit... off.... but in my opinion I see nothing wrong with it since when it first release I could 360 perfectly fine with this update.

1 2 ›