Reworking the spirit

The problem with the Spirit is that she gives no indication as to when she is phasing. This makes it very unfun to play against her.

In Otzdarva's community-made patch notes, he talks about the spirit and the ideas people came up with. The suggestion to rework her was to make her reveal herself to the survivors every second or so during her phasing. This way, it could open up for some actual mindgames and predictions while also allowing survivors to tell when she is phasing.

This would also make it really skillful to play the spirit because you have to rely on good reads and predictions when phasing for only a short time while survivors can see you.

It would also be really cool and fix the main problem people have with her. She could probably receive a buff or two in order to compensate for this nerf, but I think this is a great idea.

Then there are her addons which also need to be looked at and changed. For some reason, the duration addons also increase recovery speed as well.

I can't think of any other changes she would need to compensate for this rn (too lazy), but maybe if there are any flaws you guys can point them out.

Comments

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046406#Comment_2046406

    But that is bad design, right now you cannot see her when she phases. This takes out any fun in chases and takes out any real counterplay as well. It would fit her as well since she is a ghosty kind of killer, it would also be awesome to see.

    I dont see how that is bad design. I am not totally against her having a visible animation for entering phase to remove the stand still mind game, thats a legit discussion to be had. But giving survivors periodic glimpses while she is phasing and cannot see would ruin half of the mind games that exist with her. Like phasing and going around a loop predicting that they will vault and catching them there. Or the opposite where you predict that they will fast vault and then slow vault back so you stand phasing at the window for the prediction. If there was glimpses the survivors would see exactly where she is and know that they shouldnt slow vault back. That would remove mind games. Would be much better design to make it similar to that bug that happened where you could hear her breathing. So you had a general idea of where she could be. I dont think it should be super easy to read so you know where she is all the time so it could be periodic. and yeah you cant see her for a reason. Because she cant see you. The fun in spirit chases is prediction and staying healthy so its hard for her to track you. Who wants another loopable killer, thats boring what kind of gameplay is that.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046421#Comment_2046421

    There is no playing around a killer who gives no information to survivors when she is using her power to gain distance and a hit on them. There is only guessing against a spirit who has good headphones.

    Yes guessing and also misdirection. She dominates if you are injured without iron will. That is part of her strength. Same with twins. They are super strong when you are injured due to the power of Victor. Part 1 of outplaying spirit is being healthy. Remember this is 4v1 not 1v1. And chases are mostly mindgames. Mindgames is essentially a guessing game and i think the game should have more mindgamable structures like the T L wall loop. In the end its a guessing game. Try to stay healthy and predict the spirit. And she does give information there is a sound that she is phasing its up to the survivor to mindgame her with scratch marks and loud noise notifications

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046399#Comment_2046399

    There 22 killers (soon it will be 23) and you saying use 2 perks because maybe you will get Spirit. WOW, great idea bro.

    And no she need counterplay without any perk.

    She has counterplay without perks, learn it.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2048320#Comment_2048320

    If you are tired of these posts and, then don't read them or comment on them. And this still doesn't excuse you for being rude.

    You keep saying I don't know what I am talking about, but you aren't even giving yourself a chance to think about this "glimpse" feature. You are just saying I am survivor-biased without actually giving my second post a chance. This first thread was understandable, but my second one you already said you wouldn't look at but maybe you should. I do agree that I came off as survivor biased this thread, but you can't seem to get past that and instead assume that I am just someone who is completely survivor biased. I mentioned buffing spirit to compensate but didn't provide some options, my mistake. If you would just read my second post about this, you might think differently.

    Also no, I do not agree with any of those listed points. You are just being rude and condescending now. At least read my second post about the new ideas I brought up instead of just telling me how bad this is and how survivor biased I am (even though I have made several posts that can help you see that I am not survivor biased).

    And let this continue? No thank you.

    Also, I wasn't excusing anything, I was explaining my actions. It's up to you whether you want to hold it against me or remember it.

    I also think you misinterpreted me again or I wasn't clear enough: I have not read your second post yet, I need to read it, review it while looking for problems, and then type out a response. You want counterarguments, no? Give me some time, I will get to it eventually. So far, I've been one of the people who engaged you the most, I think, even though I've been rude.

    I was trying to say that I already read this suggestion, considered it, and then disagreed and voiced why I disagreed in this topic, since I thought the subject was still on this post.

1 2 ›