Do you assume?
So I personally play survivors because of the way they look / their lore. I don’t play them because of their unique perks, but whenever I’m Laurie people assume I have DS (I don’t) and when I’m David they assume I have Dead Hard (I don’t) and so forth and so on. I’ve even had streamers saying it was weird that I was playing as Meg without Adrenaline and I just don’t get that logic?
The survivors I play the most are Ash, Adam, Tapp, Quentin and Jeff and minus Autodidact I rarely use any of their unique perks.
Do you assume when you play?
Comments
Yes. I will never be able to first hook an Adam and not assume hes going to immediately deliverance
I rarely get slugged when I’m Bill as people assume I’m running Unbreakable but I play Bill because I think he looks cool when he’s P3. It’s funny how you can get the effect of a perk without using it. I’m always slugged as Laurie if I’m downed after being hooked and I legit never run DS lol.
The likelihood of a survivor having one of their teachables is more likely then not. Survivors are just a skin, so most people just main 1 or 2 and jump on the others for dailies. So of course they’ll use what they got. I assume they will have a specific perk until proven otherwise.
I ALWAYS do that.
Especially Bill and David
It’s funny when I play as David as killers are always hesitant to hit me as they’re waiting for me to use Dead Hard lol. I remember when I was against a TTV and a Bill in my lobby wasn’t using BT when he unhooked me and the streamer couldn’t understand why he wasn’t using it as he was a Bill. But you don’t have to use the perks that come with the survivor you’re playing as. 🤷🏻♂️
I assume the bold survivor running at me has ds unbreakable. That's about it. Oh I also assume the farming survivors are here to kill all our fun and am satisfied with just them dying and going and making a sandwich.
I suppose during those moments it’s no longer assuming. The survivor is basically telling you lol. I had a Claudette recently who sat on a generator after being unhooked so I chased her and she jumped into a locker and slow climbed out thinking I’d grab her so she could use DS, but I just stood back and lunged and left her on the ground. So she DC’d. 🤣
Yes, because someone is actually more likely to have their characters strong perks (if any). I get far more Adam's deliverencing, Bill's Unbreakabling, Laurie's Decisively Striking, Megs Adrenalining, David's Dead Harding... Okay, not that one, everyone uses Dead Hard.
I don’t think I’ve seen an Adam with Deliverance since he came out lol. But I have seen other survivors using it. I get that it’s more likely for them to be using their unique perks, but like I said, a lot of people pick a survivor they find aesthetically pleasing / relatable. I only play as Laurie because I love Halloween. I don’t like any of her perks.
I just find it interesting that you can mind game a killer simply by playing as a specific survivor.
if you're playing Bill and dont have BT your whole life is a lie.
survivor immunity is a snooze fest. Maintaining gen pressure is pretty tough when survivors have their knives out. Can't wait till they can't bomb hooks, rush gens right off the hook. But I'm sure there's another way to get their kicks. Ooo pallet camping comes to mind..