How about adding optional first person to survivors?

I mean, i think it shouldn't be hard. I'm not a programmer and anything. BTW this would only work for survivors.

Comments

  • If generators weren't already boring enough...

    But in all seriousness, meh. It just doesn't seem that interesting since there wouldn't be a point.

  • @TPL2008 said:

    I mean, i shouldn't be hard, i think. I'm not a programmer and anything. BTW this would only work for survivors.

    "it shouldn't be hard" "I'm not a programmer"

    Then how do you know it shouldn't be hard?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They'd have to animate it, like they do for killer's point of view. I don't see many people using this option because it would make the game a 100% harder. Not being able to see behind corners and over obstacles in chase. Definitely scarier but also frustratingly difficult.

    good point

  • @MottledElm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236393/how-about-adding-optional-first-person-to-survivors

    "it shouldn't be hard" "I'm not a programmer"

    Then how do you know it shouldn't be hard?

    i don't know i think

  • It's not hard at all to move a camera from behind a player inside a player's head. However, it IS much harder to make a full set of animations to make first person gameplay look natural and half decent, and it would be MUCH harder for Survivors to play like this competently as the game has been balanced around 3rd person Survivors since its inception.


    If Survivors want an optional scarier experience, I think a much easier concept to execute would be a Generator repair perk that comes with the downside of inflicting Oblivious while you're repairing the gen.

  • I used to think this could make for a cool optional "hardcore mode". Eg, no perks, items, offerings for either side. But then I realised gens would become insanely dull and chases would be over in 10 seconds.

  • This game isn't balanced around survivors being in first person and killers would be extremely powerful if survivors were using a first person camera.