Blood echo buff
When hooking a survivor:
- All injured survivors suffer from the exhausted status effect for 45 seconds and hemorrhage until healed.
- All healthy survivors will scream and reveal their position to you for 4 seconds and suffer from the exhausted status effect for 20 seconds after hooking a survivor when within 16 meters of an injured survivor. (only makes the healthy survivors scream)
Blood echo keeps its cooldown of one minute so it doesn't become too strong on plague and legion and makes sense because with these buffs it is actually stronger and useful.
With these changes, it would give this perk a much stronger effect and punish survivors for being injured which can force them to heal, successfully slowing them down.
The line "The agony of one is inflicted onto others." makes less sense because the perk does nothing to healthy survivors. This little buff can give it some more power and use. It fits with Oni since he is a very snowbally killer but works with other killers, this perk would compliment killers for snowballing.
Comments
Blood echo is fine right now and holds it’s niche as a perk for plague and legion since they synergise so well with it.
Id rather not have it as a perk that always works because I like the idea that I’m rewarded for keeping people injured
I agree it needs buffs, it's pretty bad. That's saying a lot especially seeing as we're in a meta where you can literally guarantee everyone will be running an Exhaustion perk and it's still not worth running in its best scenario.
However I'd rather keep it focused on the injured survivors as that's supposed to be its niche.
First remove the cooldown. It's just flat out unnecessary. The perk already has its counter of healing and requirement of getting downs.
Second apply the Bloodhound effect to the Hemorrhage effect.
-----------------
Now the perk has counter play of healing and is only applying its effect if the killer is successfully getting consecutive downs while still maintaining map pressure (keeping people injured).
Now it's decent with a skill requirement.
Honestly its niche but it holds its niche well there are more perks in need of changes instead as legion i use it all the time
I would agree with everyone else about keeping the perks original function because I want the perk to have its own identity instead of doing loads of functions poorly.
If I were to change it, I would lower the exhaustion to 30 seconds but get rid of the cooldown to compensate. Now killers are rewarded for keeping survivors injured and getting quick hooks while survivors are encouraged to heal and not slam gens all the time.
I think dropping the Exhaustion for healthy players and just keeping it to them screaming would be better. Maybe make the range somewhere from 24–32m instead to compensate. It's definitely a forgettable perk as is, so much so I thought we were talking about Bloodborne for a second.
I guess it's too much for one perk? Exhaustion, exhaustion on healthy and also scream and with conditions?
I would make it more simple and replace the second part with a reverse effect of BBQ:
Now it also gives you information about Survivor nearby for you to chase and it inflicts them with Exhausted if they are injured, which makes chasing that survivor alot easier, and a plus for the lore, it fits the "the agony of one is inflicted onto others"
All of Oni's perk are weak, this one could turn to be good, especially for him if he has his power after hooking the Survivor.
The problem I can happening is that Killer can "camp" if they know someone is nearby, since BBQ incentive Killers to leave the hook, this perk could incentive them to stay near the hook IF they hear someone.
I have a better idea: Injured survivors in your terror radius are exausted. That's all. Rip dead hard
I'd say lower cooldown to 60/50/40 from 80/70/60 and apply mangled instead of hemorrhage would help. current issue with the perk is that most of the killer are not able to apply injure pressure quickly enough so at most, only 2 survivors really end up getting exhausted if survivors actively heal. Legion and Plague which have good injure pressure have a weak m1 chase, so the exhaustion is last of their concerns.
With lower cooldown and applying mangled when injured, it could serve as non-basic attack variant of sloppy butcher when hooking when the other survivors are injured with exhaust bonus. The high cooldown is counter-productive to its goal of keeping survivors exhausted. I think the cooldown is there for tier 1-3 perk. I do not think they will remove that.
Its strange, I think i remember them saying something about changing blood echo, still no changes.
Part of the reason why exhaustion perks like mindbreaker or blood echo arent good is because its difficult to tell whether the survivor you take a chase with is exhausted or not. Maybe a subtle change like loud/faster breathing noises while exhausted that can be picked up by decently good killers can be massive.