Elephant in the room
Seriously WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THE LAG ISSUES?
All the nice cosmetic changes are appreciated, but for crying out loud fix the LAG first.
For a game that came out in 2016 I cannot believe how this still plays like a buggy beta.
I was being carried by a nurse into the basement. I wiggled free at the landing of the stairs right before the final four stairs. The wiggle meter disappeared and she carried me down the stairs across the basement and to a hook. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is? She got at least three more seconds of carrying time after I wiggled free. I have wiggled free hundreds of time right before the hook and still got hooked because of lag, but this instance takes the cake.
Just fix the lag, please fix the lag.
This game requires split second decisions but even if you make the right move most of the time it does not matter.
Comments
Dude..lag may not be on their end....
I've never experienced any lag whatsoever. Nobody I know or play with regularly has ever run into it either. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I am saying that the it is a higher probability that the lag is on your end or your internet providers end.
I thought (and hoped) this was a thread about Mr. Puddles..
am sad now.
but lags are not really that big of a problem. Lagswitchers or killers with high ping were a huge problem before introduction of dedicated servers and server sided hit detection. But those really improved the game health heavily!
yea that ones your wifi...
I've been playing on hotel wifi for a week and haven't run into significant lag issues.
Lag issues? Only time I have had lag issues is when I had issues with my actual internet. Are you playing on wifi?? If you are then maybe it's an issue with your router?
I think it all depends on where you are. If you are in a small town like me everytime you play you have lag. If you live in a bigger area every time you play you will not have lag. I have high speed bandwidth, but I have lag all the time.
How it shows up.
What kind of internet speeds do you have? Are you using WiFi or Ethernet? Has this always been an issue or is this a new issue? Are there other devices connected to your internet as well?
So far what you're describing is 100% lag on your end.
Ethernet 20 mbps. Has always been an issue. Once in awhile I will play a game and the experience is near perfect, it throws me off because I am so used to lag I miss skill checks because they actually stop when you hit the key instead of having to hit the key a second ahead.
So yea, that's going to be your issue most likely. With 20mbps being your max bandwidth you're probably only actually getting like 15mbps, possibly less at busy times. If anything else is connected to your router that's going to restrict DbD even more. Really you're going to want closer to 50mbps at least to alleviate your lag issues unfortunately...
I think its your end because I never lag and I play on a hotspot
Location to a server is also the biggest cause of lag in the game, if you're not close by a server then your ping to that server is naturally going to be higher. That's not something that can be fixed without either the server locations changing or you moving unfortunately.