Can we know what what to look out for by "suspicious activities "

Just saying

Can we have examples of what to watch out for

Preferably from someone who knows something about the recent security update

Comments

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    Huh

    The giant news tap where they address that 30k people's accounts got hacked and they told us to watch out for suspicious activities.

    I'm looking for examples about what to look out for

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2033952#Comment_2033952

    The giant news tap where they address that 30k people's accounts got hacked and they told us to watch out for suspicious activities.

    I'm looking for examples about what to look out for

    Your accounts weren’t hacked. I would recommend using 2FA if you are worried as it’s a good stopgap in case you fear your platform account is at risk from any thieves

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2033957#Comment_2033957

    Your accounts weren’t hacked. I would recommend using 2FA if you are worried as it’s a good stopgap in case you fear your platform account is at risk from any thieves

    Well I believe I'm fine

    but thanks for this to anyone who wishes to use this I just want to know what to look out for.

  • Considering the information that was accessed according to the announcement:

    • In-game username
    • Player ID numbers
    • Platform
    • Platform Usernames

    The worst thing I can imagine happening is getting a "someone tried to sign into your account" e-mail from Steam/Sony/whatever other platform owner. As long as you don't have really bad password habits (using very common passwords that will be on any spooky hackerman's "try these passwords" list, using an already compromised password + username/email combo) you'll be fine.

    And not saying that because this particular hack/leak is anything particularly scary, it really really isn't - they don't have access to any accounts, they just have a list of account names they might try to gain access to if they want. But nobody should make those mistakes security mistakes in the first place.

    And oh yeah, already mentioned but use 2 factor authentication where you can. Again, not because this particular incident is anything scary, but because you'll be really glad you have it if someone ever does get past your password on any service or site.

  • @oxygen said:

    Considering the information that was accessed according to the announcement:

    • In-game username
    • Player ID numbers
    • Platform
    • Platform Usernames

    The worst thing I can imagine happening is getting a "someone tried to sign into your account" e-mail from Steam/Sony/whatever other platform owner. As long as you don't have really bad password habits (using very common passwords that will be on any spooky hackerman's "try these passwords" list, using an already compromised password + username/email combo) you'll be fine.

    And not saying that because this particular hack/leak is anything particularly scary, it really really isn't - they don't have access to any accounts, they just have a list of account names they might try to gain access to if they want. But nobody should make those mistakes security mistakes in the first place.

    And oh yeah, already mentioned but use 2 factor authentication where you can. Again, not because this particular incident is anything scary, but because you'll be really glad you have it if someone ever does get past your password on any service or site.

    Thank you for these tips, especially the Two-factor security route. It comes in handy just as an extra safety boost. 👏