When are they going to change the prestige system?

I find it completely horrible that you have to lose your progression 3 times just to get 3 cosmetic items.

I don't really mind grinding for perks and add-ons, but straight losing all that you have earned with your time, and not only once, not twice, but 3 times, It's completely discouraging.

Comments

  • I mean all you get is some bloody clothes so it’s completely optional. If you don’t want to lose your items just don’t prestige then

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I mean all you get is some bloody clothes so it’s completely optional. If you don’t want to lose your items just don’t prestige then

    But I also want to get the cosmetics. I just think the prestige system is bad designed.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028865#Comment_2028865

    But I also want to get the cosmetics. I just think the prestige system is bad designed.

    The prestige cosmetics are meant to show your devotion to said character. If they were easy to grind they would mean less than they already do

  • Well, it’s discouraging to you but full-filling to others. It’s suppose to give a sense of pride and accomplishment. The problem though, is it is a hollow system. I can literally P3 a Blight and never once have played him. Survivors don’t see a fully bloody Killer and think, ‘Wow, this guy put some serious time into Blight, he is probably good, I should take this match more seriously then usual.’

    No.

    They think, ‘Damn, this guy spent a ton of BP for Blights bloody cosmetic. I wonder if they even know how to play him lulz.’

    My point is, I rather BP be only spent on the character that earned it. Ya know, from the beginning. I realize that ship is long gone and I’m not advocating for the change. Back off~

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028870#Comment_2028870

    The prestige cosmetics are meant to show your devotion to said character. If they were easy to grind they would mean less than they already do

    They could make the grind side harder if you want to get the cosmetics but not lose your entire inventory if you want to get them, for example.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028877#Comment_2028877

    They could make the grind side harder if you want to get the cosmetics but not lose your entire inventory if you want to get them, for example.

    I’d rather just have a different system

    Let’s take clown for example

    P3 head: Get 100 3ks with the clown

    P2 Outfit: Hit 150 direct bottles

    P1 Knife: Hit 100 intoxicated survivors

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    Well, it’s discouraging to you but full-filling to others. It’s suppose to give a sense of pride and accomplishment. The problem though, is it is a hollow system. I can literally P3 a Blight and never once have played him. Survivors don’t see a fully bloody Killer and think, ‘Wow, this guy put some serious time into Blight, he is probably good, I should take this match more seriously then usual.’

    No.

    They think, ‘Damn, this guy spent a ton of BP for Blights bloody cosmetic. I wonder if they even know how to play him lulz.’

    My point is, I rather BP be only spent on the character that earned it. Ya know, from the beginning. I realize that ship is long gone and I’m not advocating for the change. Back off~

    Perhaps they could add individual character levels that add up to your account level?


    You might face a Nurse that's Devotion 5, but their account is Devotion 7, which means they spent a lot of time on Nurse than anything else! 😅

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028886#Comment_2028886

    I’d rather just have a different system

    Let’s take clown for example

    P3 head: Get 100 3ks with the clown

    P2 Outfit: Hit 150 direct bottles

    P1 Knife: Hit 100 intoxicated survivors

    Yeah, for example that's another valid and interesting way

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028883#Comment_2028883

    Perhaps they could add individual character levels that add up to your account level?

    You might face a Nurse that's Devotion 5, but their account is Devotion 7, which means they spent a lot of time on Nurse than anything else! 😅

    Like for honours rep system?

  • Sorry, you have to elaborate because I have no idea how the "For Honor Rep System" works. 😅

  • just dont do PRESTIGE


  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    just dont do PRESTIGE

    Then I don't get the bloody cosmetics. Not a valid solution.