Nurse: Is she worth it?

(Disclaimer, I am not a Nurse main, I refuse to play her without the Flannel, and I am probably one of the least qualified people to talk about Nurse, that being said I have played enough of her to know the basics, THAT being said take what I say with a grain of salt)


Nurse, we all know her, we all feel bad when we bully bad Nurses and we all respect God Nurses, but a question I don't see asked enough is, is learning her even worth it?

Here's what I mean by this, is learning how to play Nurse, and I'm not talking bare basics to get consistent 4ks, I'm talking getting to the point where you can completely demolish any and all teams you come across with little to no effort

Lets discuss the basics of Nurse

Nurse is able to blink across the map twice, charging the blink increases the distance, and there's a small window where you can use the 2nd blink, using the 2nd blink increases the fatigue you get if you don't swing, and swinging your weapon increases it even more, tracking where you're going to go can be difficult in my experience (Without the Flannel) and trying to hit survivors after blinking can be a challenge in of itself because juking it can be as easy as running in a straight line and then turning around.

Next you would have to learn how to track survivors, blinking shrinks your FOV a insane amount and you automatically look down during the fatigue and unless you either know exactly where the survivor is going to go or they stick out like a sore thumb then finding someone after blinking is incredibly difficult, especially with Blendettes, god i hate them so much especially on the Swamp and Coldwind

And then we have...the bugs, along with the standard bugs of hitboxes and other such crap, you also have blinks sometimes not working and getting stuck in random objects, including sometimes blinking to the basement when you aren't even looking through it.

Putting all of that together, learning how blinks work, learning how to track after blinking, all the while dealing the bugs, is learning Nurse worth it?

In my opinion, it simply isn't, and here's why

Getting good at Nurse is hard, VERY hard, and more often then not that road will be incredibly frustrating, the amount of times I play her and end up getting robbed of a hit by blinks simply not working or being just short of landing a hit is nothing short of ridiculous, and keep in mind that is with the Flannel, a massive crutch that makes playing Nurse easier, i still struggle even WITH that on maps like Coldwind and the Swamp, as well as all of the indoor maps and Haddonfield

So I ask, why suffer through the process of learning how to play Nurse, when I can instead play other high tier killers like Blight or Spirit and get similar results with less frustration?

Now for my final part, lets say I get to the point where I become a God Nurse, I simply don't believe that it is worth the time spent getting to that point, any killer can demolish most teams if you reach that point, and while Nurse is the only one who can consistently stand up to proper Tourney squads, there are very few in existence and running into them is less likely then getting struck by lightning, there is no reason to suffer through the process of becoming a God Nurse when every other killer can perform against most teams with similar results all the while being less infuriating to learn.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • I used to main her, no. The maps and survivors are nerfed enough you don’t really need to play her anymore; you can win 9/10 games with any killer now.

    She’s really annoying to play since they completely removed her lunge. And there’s tons of buggy objects that I don’t feel like dealing with anymore.

    More stylish to kill people with Oni / Phead if I want to sweat on a really high mechanical skill killer IMO

  • For me learning her isn't it worth because the amount of time it takes to learn her well enough you could master multiple killers. Id rather be really good with multiple killers than just be good at one personally.

    You also should factor in the hugely negative opinion of her by players where once you are effective with her she is more likely to have players dc or suicide than, let's say, a really good wraith player. People get upset since she has the capacity to be the best often times, even if you aren't playing to that level yet.

    If someone likes her well enough than should give her a shot though. Id say they should weigh the cost of maining her though.

  • It's worth it if you like her mechanics, and it's not nearly as hard to learn as people say it is. her bugs do need fixing though, they can be really frustrating to deal with.

  • Nurse is the best killer? Yes, by far. But if you want consistency or just don't want to grind through her power and bugs, play spirit. Same result (in public matches) with way less effort.

  • Nurse is my 2nd main killer. I'm a good nurse but not a god nurse. I like playing as her but the bugs keep making me want to switch killers. It's pretty clear the devs have no intention of fixing her bugs. It's only been like 2 years since her rework and they haven't even acknowledged there's a problem. However if you git gud with Nurse it does feel like you are actually feared for a change. I learned her for when I run into a try hard swf and get demolished. It is nice to have the option to switch to a killer that will destroy anything in the next match. Is that worth the hassle of becoming a god nurse? I can't tell.

  • I'm not a main either but it is satisfying getting them blinks. She even has good cosmetics compare to some of the other killers. The bugs inside her is definitely stopping me from learning her.

  • I’ve actually played a lot of Nurse lately and have seen improvement. Obviously I have a long way to go but I’m really enjoying her.