An Actual Happy Post from Me
All night tonight I’ve gotten nothing but toxic 4 man SWF teams and so on. It made me rage and boil but then something just snap. Like a switch flipped off in my mind. The next match I was Ghostface, playing normally and fair. Then the minute a person tbagged and flashed their lights at me I stopped chasing and went to a corner of the map. No gens were done or anything. I put my controller aside and read, never moving. Oh the clicking and running around me trying to get a reaction was priceless. Of course I got hate messages afterwards but I just calmly stated I don’t play with toxic survivors as Killer. I was kind and polite, which seemed to make them even madder. I think I finally found my method of dealing with them.
Comments
I take the Zubat approach / mentality
"Unlucky"
Take a sip of a drink near me, move on to next match.
----
Unless I'm playing Billy. The amount of issues he has and has to face makes a nerve snap.
I just read a book and they were forced to do gens and leave. If you want to be toxic I’ll just make this whole match a gen simulator. Have fun with that.
Can’t you be reported for this? I’m pretty sure it would go under going AFK. So be careful.
Perhaps but they seem to never do anything about people being reported. And I wasnt AFK at the beginning.
You could actually make everyone depip that way. Afk=everyone depips.
Well just be careful as you never know the pettiness of the people you’re playing against. I don’t go AFK, but when somebody desperately wants me to chase them, I just ignore them as they normally continue to follow me around and I’m completely fine with them not doing generators whilst I down their teammates. 😂
A small price to pay for salvation. P
Yeah, I think this is the best strategy. Bully squads often suck big nuts cuz they just wanna hav u a bad time and refuse to do gens. I dont like to play against them, too. NTL I try to get'em all :3 But I don't judge anyone for waiting in a corner :) It is actually sad that so many people still behaves like big a**holes despite the lack of killers we have...
I get all four or at least three pulling the toxic card. So it’s hard to ignore them. All night I got nothing but toxic red rank SWF teams. If I get reported so be it. I refuse to force myself to chase and give in to toxic survivors. They don’t learn to be nice that way. Maybe losing a pip will make them think twice. Next matches I had all the survivors played nice and so I played nice. Downed a few, some escaped. Etc. I’m fine with that and it was fun. Being forced to play against toxic survivors or else punished for DC or AFK seems mighty unfair.
All I want is a little respect. I see it like a sports game. Refs and such call out and penalize unsportsmanlike conduct and since the devs don’t want to ref and make sure we have a nice and clean game then you’re forcing me to be the ref in a sense.
Me too, bro, but in pvp game community like DBD it is hard to find respect. Here are too many bad educated people with the emotional maturity of a toddler. And in the internet they all have big balls, cuz u barely can punish them for offending u.
I get it. But until I get a notice or something from devs I think I’ll just stick to this method of dealing with toxic survivors. I’m not great at the killer and honestly I don’t think I will be. I can’t be like the twitch streamers who instantly take down all the toxic survivors. I’m just not that skilled and I don’t think i ever will be. I just have to deal with them my way and if the devs ask why I do the corner play, I will just say “it’s a strategy “ lol
Join with me in my topic. Lets create positive shield.
I find if you just respond with my "everyone did a good job, have a nice day" would be alot more fun : D
Whatever way works for you, keep being positive, its much better than being neutral
As I said, I dont judge u and I totally understand u for doing it :) Popular streamers are a really, really bad example for the strength of a killer and for the balancing in general. You cant´t compare yourself with those people playing DBD 24/7, especially not, if u hav a "normal" job and a family. Unfortunately a lot of survivors point on those big streamers and tell u how bad u are, cuz u cannot do 50 4ks in a row with an perkless clown on haddonfield.
Personally, I don't mind this method.
When people bring up going against sweaty players, the responses are normally "depip to a lower rank", "git gud", "uninstall", "play Survivor", or something else along the lines of "deal with it and move on". That's precisely what you did. They can't complain you got super sweaty, can't complain that you complained about it, can't say you didn't recognize you were outmatched and accepted it. You basically took all the usual advice and rolled with it.
When I am severely outmatched, and I mean SEVERELY, I still run around and break gens or pallets to get BP. I'll intentionally wiff attacks to look like I'm trying, but break chases the moment they start to make any progress on getting away. No mind games, no real chases, just pallets and gens to kick. When I run out, I very lazily look like I'm giving the minimum effort to try. IF a situation occurs where my playing dumb gets them to drop their guards and get too close, I'll quickly decide if it's worth dropping the act to do some real damage or if it would be too easy for them to get back on their game. Sometimes, this causes the trial to take a complete 180 where they went from dancing on the Killer to having three Survivors on hooks and the last one frantically trying to get unhooks so they can just leave. Sometimes, it just makes them rush the exit gate and leave. Either way, I've made BP and roasted their marshmellows a bit.
I mostly meant it as it seems only these twitch streamers who spent hundreds of hours on the game can effectively deal with a 4 man red rank SWF team, and even then they don’t enjoy the match either.
I’m a console player so this doesn’t work lol.
I like that method but honestly I don’t think I can do it. I’m not as skilled at suddenly turning a 0k to a 2k unless they mess up big time, which has happened before but rare, especially with a SWF red rank team. Plus even doing the bare minimum of gen and pallet breaking feels to me like giving in and playing their game. I want them to know they will get no enjoyment out of the match at all and no reward beyond leaving the match. DC, or do your gen simulator and get out. You guys ruined the match so suffer the consequences of it. I don’t mind depiping, especially since I don’t feel like even should be going up against red ranks or earned it. Depiping and ranks don’t mean anything to me but I know it means the world to red rank people.