Do you think a lot of survivors underestimate the power of basement?
A lot of times I see games taking a turn once someone gets in basement especially against the certain killers.
Shack can be good for looping a killer but if basement is spawned in there I don't think it is a good idea to be downed there.
I rarely see people trying to avoid going down near the basement even against Bubba, Trapper, Hag etc.
Am I just being too careful not to go down there or it is a smart thing to do even if you go to a worse loop that is far away enough.
Comments
I think avoiding basement is wise if you can. Especially if it’s a Hag, Trapper or Bubba. If they get you in the basement then you’re essentially already dead. There are definitely situations where looping near basement could be the right play. Depends on the situation.
No, not too careful at all. Against some Killers, it is really hard to save someone out of the Basement. E.g. you are basically dead against a Hag, if she is not nice and does not trap up the Basement. If she decides to put Traps around it, you are dead.
Yesterday I also had Shack to loop against a Hag, including Shack Pallet, but since Basement was there, I decided to go to another area. In the end, I went down, because there were no Pallets left - looping Shack would have been more to work with, but I will certainly not risk it to go down there and never leave the Basement again.
Maybe more inexperienced Survivors are more careless, if they dont know that the Basement can be very strong for certain Killers.
Whenever it’s Bubba, Hag, or Trapper I make a point of finding out where basement is ASAP, and avoid loping near there wherever possible.
If they get distracted in another chase I do my best to get the gens repaired near basement ASAP to minimise the chance of a 3 gen occurring near it.
As Trapper main, I can confirm.
Once you go down, you never go up.
It is wise to avoid the basement, if you can, as it can be a death sentence. For example, yesterday I was having a really bad trial as Oni on Gas Heaven, but I managed to turn the tide and get a 3k because a Meg got downed right next to the basement.
No, most people are fully aware of the strength of basement. Which is to say, it's only strong if the killer is basement camping and the team is going for saves, in which case I say BHVR fix canping, there's been dozens of perfectly viable suggestions.
As Huntress main I can say that basement is devastating if I camp. So if I catch someone going to unhook, it's not gonna end with exchange, it will end with both survivors hooked there. Basement hooks can be truly effective.
But most of the time I like to try some bbq shots and then go for distant survivors. So if I have a choice to hook in basement or regular hook, I avoid basement. Basement hooks feel like waste of time if you leave it. If you invest your time in basement hook you need to make it work. You have to stay there and pressure altruism.
I personally prefer to pressure gens, so I don't really like to hook in basement.