Change needed to Pyramid Head's Daily
To all you ghost face mains, you may have realized how they changed the daily, so that you no longer need to down a survivor you marked while leaning from a corner, and instead either just mark them, or mark them and down them. This made it a lot easier to get the daily done and made it more feel like you're playing the killer because of the daily, and not playing around the daily (if that makes sense).
Pyramid Head has the same problem, except worse. I don't own some killers so I don't know if there are any other bad dailies (I'm not counting Nurse's or Trapper's where it's a lack of skill with the killer that makes it hard) but this is the only one I know of at the moment. Pyramid Head has to send survivors to Cages of Atonement for his daily, which doesn't sound bad in theory, until you realize how situational they are. They are incredibly situational and are only really meant to counter hook perks or quickly move on to another survivor. So you have to throw the game in order to complete this daily in one match.
My proposal is either include final judgement as well as cages of atonement, or switch it so that it requires punishment of the damned instead.
Comments
Honestly, this is fair.
Getting the punishment of the damned off on four successful hits in my opinion is harder than nailing four hatchets, and that is literally the Huntress daily.
Yeah some survivors avoid the trail like the plague and would rather go down than get tormented so it can take a while to be able to get the daily.
Having to get 4 punishment of the damned off is a much better daily because it relies less on the survivors and more on the killers skill to land hits with it.
I guess I got lucky?
I just started playing Pyramid Head because his daily came up, and I got it in a single match.
I just dropped my knife when in a loop, survivor was forced to run through it, and I AoE'd them down through the pallet/obstacle.
Obviously whether or not hook/cage is more beneficial is situational, so I can understand how in some cases it may be less optimal play to do so, but it doesn't seem that hard to pull off.
The more you play him, the more you'll realize it's just better to save the torment until final judgment. You only wanna cage when you know they have ds, another survivor is around ready to save them, or they're on a gen that you have to stop. This makes it incredibly situational, to get four of those cases all in one match is not likely. Sure you might save a bit of time always caging them, but then you no longer have any access to hook-related perks and you don't decide where the survivor ends up nor can you punish survivors for rescuing them. There's a solid chance they just spawn on the opposite side of the map right next to another survivor and you immediately lose any pressure you would've gotten from hooking. Also final judgement is just quick and satisfying, plus if you need to you can just tunnel someone on their second stage immediately after rescue to get them off the game quickly.
My point being is that there's not many scenarios where the cage is better and you have to lose the chances where it is in order to complete the challenge quickly in most cases, causing it to be a daily that is actually detrimental towards your play rather than challenging your skill with the killer.
You just need to get better with PH..
I complete in 1 or 2 without necessarily throwing the game..
When you play with PH you do rites of judgement all over the map anyway.. so it's very common to fall into cage 2 orb3 times per game..
They need to honestly change a few rituals. The last few chapters they've gotten pretty slug happy with the rituals. Downing a survivor with your power doesn't show that you know how to use the power. Just being able to hit them multiple times should be enough. They should also change Blight and Twins rituals on top of Pyramid Heads.