Am I being outplayed by being looped in this situation?
If I as a killer am being run around strong tiles by a good survivor in a way that is most optimal for me but the survivor still loops me so hard, am I being outplayed by the survivor? For example in this situation, I am playing Oni chasing a survivor into a short wall jungle gym. The survivor vaults and tries to loop me clockwise, but then I cut the survivor off and force them to loop counter-clockwise.
You might say "Just break chase" but there are times where all survivors are good and they run the tiles around you VERY well and mind gaming does almost nothing to them. So in this instance, you have to chase the survivor. But some killers and even a strong killer like Oni will struggle here because they are an m1 killer. You are also probably not going to even hit the survivor if they are good enough.
So, if there is literally nothing else I can do other than chase the survivor normally with no mind game potential, am I being outplayed? There is nothing I can do other than just chase that survivor in their favor. Again, this is not always the case, but just an example that happens every once in a while.
Comments
This post is proof killer queues would get shorter if they permanently removed bloodlust today.
I say this an awful lot on these forums, but I'm a Wraith main. When I'm not playing hit and run it's hard not to get looped hard. It really depends on the survivor and their patterns. Sometimes the best thing to do is instead of trying to get the hit, force the pallet. Some survivors are gonna be better than you and you're definitely being outplayed. You either have to leave them and hope to catch them on a weaker tile or ignore them till they are the final survivor.
Seems like your asking what to do when all 4 survivors are loop gods and the answer is: it depends.
Obviously if you're in a position where chasing them is going to waste 3 minutes to even get a hit, yes end the chase and hope you find another survivor in a worse position.
Chances are even the really good loops will be put into a bad position atleast a couple of times per match so thay you can get a hit. Also, if they're in a really good tile sometimes the best thing to do is force them to drop the pallet, break it, and end chase. It's not ideal but atleast you get something from them and reduce their resources for later.
It's hard to say without seeing a specific video example. There are so many things left out.
General rule of thumb is if you find somebody too difficult to catch, find somebody else who's weaker so you can start getting some pressure in the game.
I don't know... I mean. I've been playing for more than two years, and on these new maps I sometimes get looped into the ground. It's like they've made it common for strong tiles to be strewn together.
I used to think that they were doing this to prepare for a major buff to killer, like making every killer move 5% faster. But, I don't believe that anymore.
Some tiles just have to be forced if survivor knows perfectly what they're doing and are confident in their looping. It's not like either side is getting outplayed by the other one, it's just that maps have these spots where one side auto-loses when they know that to do.
Survivors have more of them for basic M1 looping so killers tend to play the ones with powers that bypass these the midless M1 loops.
This is why I said we needed specific examples - because indeed there are certain loops that are just strong. All you can do is force a direction that is better for you and play it out.
Some may appear to be strong, but there may be a counterplay you hadn't considered. Like I said - it's hard to say without seeing the specific circumstances you were in.
Outplaying means mindgaming them.
Running a strong window + pallet setup isn't outplaying imo (as long as you don't have a power that could combat that)
As the saying goes..."Get BHVR'd". The Game rework clearly demonstrated the direction they want this game to go. After nearly 5 years they can no longer blame map design on a lack of experience.
The most I get out of that interaction is the pallet, but that is the best outcome of that situation I could ever hope for (I don't get a hit) and there are loads of other pallets I have to deal with that could be just as strong.
General consensus is that the maps are more killer sided barring the meat plant
I mean one of the first things about DBD you kinda gotta learn is that it's not a fair game. You can do everything almost perfectly and still lose to people making mistake after mistake. This is especially true if you are playing Killer or Solo Survivor.
Yeah ik, I was just confused on this specific topic.
In my example, just imagine me as Oni chasing someone in a short wall jungle gym clockwise at first, but as they vault the window I force them to go counter-clockwise and we continue the looping process. I know doing this opens up the opportunity for mind games, but against someone who knows how to loop this tile correctly and also knows how to peek, you are screwed no matter what as killer.
As I said, this is an example of a match where everyone knows how to loop and there is no weak link. It is uncommon, yes but it still does happen.
Hmm, most of the maps feel like strong tiles are regularly near one another, resulting a couple of infinites being created - especially on the new crotus pren maps. Some of the new maps have 2-3 long wall tiles, some of which leading into T walls, leading into Shack.
Maybe I'm not used to the new maps and I'm just playing them poorly. I haven't been playing much as the lag during the day has become pretty bad for me since mid-November. It's a little better this update, so maybe I'll try some matches.
Maze tiles (or jungle gyms as most people call them), come in several configurations. The configuration matters. We dealing with a pair of L walls here? A T and L? Where the windows? Pallets?
The double L, for example is usually a pair of L walls on opposite corners of the Maze tile. IN those situations, you want to try to force the slow vault by not allowing the survivor to cut across the tile diagonally from window to window.
Haven’t played new disturbed ward enough to know but Macmillan ormond auto haven yamaoka and badham are all fine
Oh my god, I’m so glad I’m not the only one that feels this way.
I get criticised a lot for maining Clown, but he’s (personally) the only killer I can use to void this kind of BS.
I do frequently go against teams where there is simply no weak link. They are all excellent loopers and they NEVER fall for ANY mindgaming. EVER!!!
When I’m other killers it’s simply a nightmare running loops the correct way, using every possible mind game, but next to nothing works, and every survivor is constantly just out of reach because of a vault or undropped pallet. And when the vault is blocked, or the pallet is finally dropped, they happen to have just the right amount of distance to avoid being hit before reaching the next miserable song and dance.
It’s intolerable.
And it’s why I eventually give up on other killers and always return to Clown because he can easily shut all of that nonsense down.