Hatch should require an animation to open.

Too often I am stuck defending the hatch from a key player.


It takes 2 hits to down them by the time I get to the first hit they already at the hatch, open it within a second and jump in.


There is literally nothing I can do to prevent this. I feel like if hatches had an opening animation this would help. I would even suggest the animation resets like bones when they get off the hatch so they can't 99% it.

Comments

  • (maybe) Soon™

  • imo there should be a Animation to slow it down except not have it during an EGC because at that point its ether they did all the gens and opened the gate they already won just let them waste their key or you killed 3 people and closed the hatch . at that point you have already won like you can be trapper and have 2 traps at the exit gates stand on closed catch and have noed and there is noting a survivor can do especially with the Animation Cooldown

  • Only survivor who piped should be able to enter the hatch and keys should be removed.

    And no I am not the killer main nor do I play killer anymore before anyone asks.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Too often I am stuck defending the hatch from a key player.

    It takes 2 hits to down them by the time I get to the first hit they already at the hatch, open it within a second and jump in.

    There is literally nothing I can do to prevent this. I feel like if hatches had an opening animation this would help. I would even suggest the animation resets like bones when they get off the hatch so they can't 99% it.

    It is my understanding if you stand at the base of the hatch, right where the little line is, you can bodyblock the hatch as a killer.