What if base FOV for killer was increased?
Not an FOV slider (but I wouldn't mind that as well), but just a full on increase, as I find some killers with low FOV to be horrible to play due to first person animations and the use of their power.
You'll see me in hell before I take shadowborn off of billy or blight, I play like a rank 20 without it.
I do not care for the "Immersion" or "The killer is balanced for a low FOV", as if the killer was balanced for a low FOV and having a slightly larger FOV made a drastic difference shadowborn would be meta. Hell both monitor and shadowborn can be nerfed and id still be happy with a base FOV increase.
I really wouldn't mind much, maybe just 5 degrees, which would take it up to 92 degrees. Even just 3 degrees to take it to 90 would be nice.
I made this thread because I realised how much I crutch off of shadow on blight, billy and even some other killers like bubba. Shadow is a band aid fix to the horrible first person animations and base FOV.
Comments
This is something I really wish they would add into the game, killer FOV actually hurts my eyes. I get they don't want to add a slider for it, but at least make shadowborn base kit and change the perk to do something else.
You’d have to be careful with it since pallet breaks and window vaults are designed to obstruct you’re vision when you use the but as long as it doesn’t impact that it’s fine
Shadowborne: Brightness when walk into dark place increased.
Currently survivor can blind you by flashing your ears, have base FOV increase would make them able to blind you from behind
BHVR will probably never do that since they seem to be very stubborn on the subject, meanwhile using Discord gives survivors insane advantages and all the info perks for free but that seems to be fine for them.
Not to mention that there are a lot of cosmetics in the shop that make you much easier to spot, so the argument that giving killers higher FOV would be game breaking makes even less sense.
The default killer FOV is awful and having to use a perk just to not have nausea is straight up bad game design.
Yea I agree it just feels so nice using shadowborn on blight but when I take it off, I feel slow and weak for some reason
The problem is that FoV is a balancing point for the game. You can't just say "I don't care," that's like saying you don't care that scratchmarks are broken or that chase music overrides footsteps and breathing. That means that any change has to be carefully monitored and tweaked with a corresponding nerf or buff in another area.