Should BHVR try to make the game less toxic?

I hear people complain about toxicity a lot. I'm curious what people think on this one.


EDIT: "Changed from BHVR have a responsibility to should they". Didn't intend the harsh language

Comments

  • A lot of toxicity comes from salty players having bad experiences. Mitigating the bad experience will mitigate toxicity.

  • I'm only voting for this because it's gonna be hard to make the game less toxic imo. The chat filter is a nice start, but there's a whole lot more that needs to be done if you really want this game to be less toxic. Plus people on console have to deal with toxic people a lot in their messages, which leads to console players making their messages private.

  • Aren't they already doing that though? Moris nerfed, keys and OoO in process of being nerfed, same with Iri Head Huntress, the addition of the sacrificial ward so that you can dodge map offerings, the recently added chat filters... Not saying every one of those are perfect solutions but at least they're already trying.

  • What do you define as toxic? Other then the endgame chat, which is already being handled with the filter, theres nothing more to be done.

  • I don't think companies should profit by creating digital spaces where people can do and say whatever they want with no accountability. The problem of how to police community interaction in a space that large is hard to solve, but, if you're making money from hosting this stuff, it's your responsibility to come up with solutions.

  • I don't think toxicity will ever be truly stopped in games, unless you harshly limit the gameplay, which would be terrible for the player base. It also depends on your definition of toxic, to some people it means "I got downed quickly and wasn't given another chance to escape", and to other people it means t-bagging, flashlight clicking, pointing, looping, etc. which can't really be stopped unless you just disable the mechanics completely. People will always find a way to irritate someone else.

  • @KDawg said:

    I hear people complain about toxicity a lot. I'm curious what people think on this one.

    EDIT: "Changed from BHVR have a responsibility to should they". Didn't intend the harsh language

    First please define what does toxic mean. Or at least give examples. This term is very overused so some clarification is needed.

  • It should not be a priority, toxicity is in every game. There are bigger issues than dealing with toxicity honestly, if the game were much fairer there would not be as much toxicity in the first place.

  • Every game is gonna have toxicity. People should expect this and deal with it.

    Asking to have BHVR make the game allow less toxicity to me just feels like a child needing his hand held. It's time to toughen up and grow up, the worlds tough. We don't need more censoring these days. If someone wants to say or do something mean to me they should be free to do it. It's just a game.