Misplaced Rage & No Gratitude

So I just had a hilarious (to me anyway) game on Hawkins. I was playing Spooky Myers, and two of the Survivors gave up real early, basically suicides on the hook leaving the other two with only one Generator done. I decided to let the last two run a bit; I needed a LOT of pallets for a Rift, so what the hell? I would injure one, damage a Generator and then break off and go find the other one, rinse and repeat. I figured I'd do this until all the pallets were gone, and then start letting them actually finish some generators.

I'm not a big fan of obvious farming, because it doesn't let anyone practice. It is just a slow, boring process for all involved. This way, at least, we were playing the game. Granted, I was basically letting them live, but they didn't know that. I hooked one and went to the far side of the map to break up the tedium, let them get the rescue, and resumed the process. I was keeping careful track, so I wouldn't accidentally kill anyone. It was the Claudette's turn to get a hook, so she disconnects when I down her and pick her up. Why? I don't know. Why leave all the BP and Emblem she must have earned up to that point on the table? The other one took the hatch. I found it before her. I could see her through the wall, but let her have it. I had intended to let them go anyway, so why change my mind now?

So I get the "you are trash" salt afterwards. It is nonsense like that which makes me think I should actually play as nasty as I can. Eventually, I'll get so jaded that I'll become the guy I get accused of being. After all, if I'm going to do the time, I might as well do the crime, right? I'm not there yet, but sometimes I think about it. I just want to state, that if you end up in match where you have very little chance (as a Survivor) because people took themselves out early, don't get mad at the Killer. He/she didn't put you in that position. Your peers did that. If you were getting waffle-stomped so bad that two people quit, and then the remaining two of you suddenly find yourselves able to evade the Killer for 15 minutes, I want you to consider that perhaps someone is showing you a bit of kindness. Food for thought.

Comments

  • Idk who I'm speaking for here, but not everyone likes games dragging on for longer than they have to. To me I'd rather the killer just hook and kill me, the match was already lost and I want to get into another actual game sooner rather than later. It's even worse when they refuse to kill you and want you to farm like oh my god please just get me out of the game.

    I don't think that's what happened here and the Claudette was just salty, but still matches where you're forced to stay in them after you've already lost get real boring.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Idk who I'm speaking for here, but not everyone likes games dragging on for longer than they have to. To me I'd rather the killer just hook and kill me, the match was already lost and I want to get into another actual game sooner rather than later. It's even worse when they refuse to kill you and want you to farm like oh my god please just get me out of the game.

    I don't think that's what happened here and the Claudette was just salty, but still matches where you're forced to stay in them after you've already lost get real boring.

    Except that I did hook them. :) They had a chance to suicide on the hook. They opted for the save (which I allowed). It was the second one that decided to DC the second I picked her up for a hook. Then I let the other leave. As long as they kept fighting, I let them fight. Had they given up, I would have let them die.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004168#Comment_2004168

    Except that I did hook them. :) They had a chance to suicide on the hook. They opted for the save (which I allowed). It was the second one that decided to DC the second I picked her up for a hook. Then I let the other leave. As long as they kept fighting, I let them fight. Had they given up, I would have let them die.

    Huh, well I've got nothing then that Claudette was just a little salty.

    If you remember, was she wearing the orange 72Hrs cosmetic? Would explain the DC, because in the 2 years I've played this game, every single Claudette I've seen that uses that cosmetic apart from 1 have DCed the instant they get downed and I don't know why. It's some kind of strange phenomenon. It's gotten to a point where I will legit not even go for the pickup and start preemptively walking away because I know they'll DC

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004174#Comment_2004174

    Huh, well I've got nothing then that Claudette was just a little salty.

    If you remember, was she wearing the orange 72Hrs cosmetic? Would explain the DC, because in the 2 years I've played this game, every single Claudette I've seen that uses that cosmetic apart from 1 have DCed the instant they get downed and I don't know why. It's some kind of strange phenomenon. It's gotten to a point where I will legit not even go for the pickup and start preemptively walking away because I know they'll DC

    I don't remember but I'll check my videos later and have an answer for you tomorrow.

  • Some people get mad at anything just tell them to have their wife call her boyfriend so they can relieve some stress.