suiciding on the hook should be bannable

every game when something doesn't go someone's way they will just suicide on the hook 2 mins in. then everyone else starts giving up. i asked these people why they did it and some of the answers i got were "broken killer" or someone did it because they got hooked in the basement. it's extremely petty and the fact people can get away with it because there's no penalty just makes it worse.

i only reinstalled a few games ago and i'm so tempted to uninstall again.. people like this just ruin the game for me.

Comments

  • I would be for it, but I have arthritis in my hands.

    That means every now and then, my thumb seizes and I can't tap x like a madman to stay alive, and I die.

    I would really rather not be penalized for that, but how would I prove it wasn't a conscious choice, outside of constantly recording my hands while I play?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    I would be for it, but I have arthritis in my hands.

    That means every now and then, my thumb seizes and I can't tap x like a madman to stay alive, and I die.

    I would really rather not be penalized for that, but how would I prove it wasn't a conscious choice, outside of constantly recording my hands while I play?

    This is why they should change the struggle phase independent of the whole suicide thing. It's just tedious as all hell.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006214#Comment_2006214

    This is why they should change the struggle phase independent of the whole suicide thing. It's just tedious as all hell.

    Totally agree. I've tried popping my palm against it instead, but that sucks and will end up breaking my controller. Just let me hold the button down to stay alive.

  • I kill myself if I'm ever against a Freddy. I've played against him enough that I'm already tilted at seeing his stupid sweater.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005597#Comment_2005597

    This is the silliest statement I've read in a long time. How exactly would Killers abuse it? The Killer doesn't make DC. In fact, there is already a ban for DC'ing, which gets bigger each time you do it within a certain timeframe. Did you MEAN to say Suicide?

    Yes, I meant suiciding on hook. I meant to say it gives you a -1 just like DC'ing and killers would abuse it the same way.

    But to say that is the silliest thing you read in a long time is just rude to say the least and you didn't deserve a reply.


    Have a good day

  • @Idontknowtbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005883#Comment_2005883

    Yes, I meant suiciding on hook. I meant to say it gives you a -1 just like DC'ing and killers would abuse it the same way.

    But to say that is the silliest thing you read in a long time is just rude to say the least and you didn't deserve a reply.

    Have a good day

    Agreed; I owe you an apology. My skin is too thin from other threads where people claim they shouldn't have a ban for DC'ing. You deserved better manners from me.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I kill myself if I'm ever against a Freddy. I've played against him enough that I'm already tilted at seeing his stupid sweater.

    why do you ######### vs a certain killer? i'm pretty sure everyone has killers they don't like but that isn't an excuse to throw the game .

  • @AsherFrost said:

    I would be for it, but I have arthritis in my hands.

    That means every now and then, my thumb seizes and I can't tap x like a madman to stay alive, and I die.

    I would really rather not be penalized for that, but how would I prove it wasn't a conscious choice, outside of constantly recording my hands while I play?

    i'm talking about when people ragequit the game at the start because the killer hooked them first. i hate the struggle mechanic too. should just be automatic, or you hit skill checks instead to stay alive.

  • @EvanRaven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006214#Comment_2006214

    i'm talking about when people ragequit the game at the start because the killer hooked them first. i hate the struggle mechanic too. should just be automatic, or you hit skill checks instead to stay alive.

    I get that, my point is more about how difficult it is to prove they intended to throw the game.

  • It's a no from me dawg, if I'm being farmed/face camped/ or being hard core tunneled by a Leatherface or Huntress I'll gladly kill myself on first or second hook. I also doubt you're in the best mood when you're the first person down seconds into the game. If I ain't having fun, I'm leaving. If my teammates aren't having fun and they leave, I ain't judging.

  • @EvanRaven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006238#Comment_2006238

    why do you ######### vs a certain killer? i'm pretty sure everyone has killers they don't like but that isn't an excuse to throw the game .

    People can do whatever they want again he bought the game he owns it his choice

  • Foolish thought. If a survivor kills themselves they already get little to no bloodpoints and depips, so they generally lose. However I think that they should have the dc treatment, when a survivor dcs both the remaining survivors and the killers gain bloodpoints, I think the same should happen in hook suicides, but a whole ban is stupid, since they have the option. I played a game where I ran the killer for 5 mins and no gens were popped because my team was a p3 claud swf that literally moved on the edges of the map, not even playing the game at this point. If I hook suicide with your rules, I'll get banned because we still had a chance didn't we? No, I prefer to let go and be sacrificed so I can play another game.

1 2 3 ›