A lot comments have been made about Trickster not fitting in but...
A couple of things that came to my mind when seeing Trickster for the first time;
People were critiquing his pretty boy appearance but then I’m reminded of The Portrait of Dorian Gray. Beauty on the outside but a monster on the inside definitely fits the horror genre in general. Look at Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.
Another thing it reminded me of was a film I vaguely recall from sometime ago was the Japanese film Suicide Club. I believe there was a gang of boys that were rather flashy at the end of that film. This film was also in the horror genre and it was presented in a very stylized way in the end if I’m remember correctly.
Clockwork Orange similarly fits both of these things mentioned above as it’s presented in a very stylized way and about a beautiful man who is a huge monster on the inside.
curious what are others thoughts on Tickster fitting in the horror genre as a whole?
Comments
I think it's fine that we have different kinds of killer designs. Not all the killers have to wear masks or have deformed faces, and the Trickster brings something unique with a lot of character.
I don't care what they look like. It can be a freddy fazbear that the furries gush over, as long as it is strong. Sadly this killer is weak...
They're most likely going to buff them from PTB, they have done with a lot of killers in the past
Well as an avid fan of killer doll and killer toy movies (I literally collect them), the concept of something “not scary” or “innocent” and does scary things, is 100% terrifying.
Problem I have with the killer aesthetically is I don’t think he fits the criteria enough to be considered non-threatening. So it’s not scary when you know the truth. Its like being told a politician lied to you, it’s like... yea?
How many times have I heard celebrities getting away with breaking the law, hurting others, or destroying property before I think any one of them could get away with murder.
You gave me a picture of this dood, before his introduction to the entity and told me the atrocities he committed and I would be like...”Yeah, I could see that.”
I dunno, just my muddled thoughts on the subject matter.
I just really hate his name. What’s in a name, you ask? Enough to avoid buying the character and further diluting bloodwebs with unwanted perks for one thing. I know it’s silly, but that is how much it bothers me. I call him Dickster.
might be a fun topic to start and ask the community “If you could change the Trickster name, what would you call him?”
Like other killers, the concept for a good killer is there but not expanded upon and executed poorly. He has a cool power that has the possibility to be more unique from plague and huntress, but it is just weak and too similar at the moment. As for his looks, I personally don't have a problem with it.