Should I report this hacker?
I’ve just had a match against a speed hacking Myers using Fragrant Tuft of Hair and Judith’s Tombstone. He could move ridiculously fast like he had Sprint Burst and he also got to Tier 3 within seconds. I reported them in game and also saved a video.
The reason I’m hesitant to report them is because their username was a TTV and when you go onto it, it’s not them. As the person who’s name they’re using is currently live and it’s not the same player. So I’m not sure if BHVR would be able to ban the actual person using the hacks?
Comments
As far as i know there is no possibility that users will have the same name.
They will need to check the username and their ID plus hacking files.
Their username was T.TV/ followed by a name and when you go onto that Twitch, it’s somebody else. So they’re clearly trying to frame this poor person lol. If BHVR are able to actually see the true account under the username, then I’ll send them my video evidence.
You need to send their steam id when you report. When you do, there is no chance that they will get the wrong person. When you dont, they cant do something against them anyway.
I’m on PS5 and they were a crossplayer so I don’t have access to that information. All I have is a video and a username leading to a Twitch that isn’t them.
You need to have made an in-game report and the additional player report ticket, they would never ban someone because of a name that’s not unique.
Yh with my Ps4 i had the same problem. I talked with MandyTalk about it and she said she takes the info to the devs.
But right now its pointless to report Crossplay-players, when you cant get their Steam ID. So i stopped doing it and hope that some Pc-players do it.
So it’s pointless in me reporting them? I reported them in game and saved a video. But I don’t want to waste my time uploading it and sending it, if they can’t do anything without their Steam ID.
It's not pointless. Always report hackers.
Reports don't get anything done whatsoever even when they're on the same platform, (seriously, you have to submit a ticket and then wait months for them to just fob you off) but if they're crossplay it's even worse.
Quote from MandyTalk: (i dont know how to quote a post from a different thread)
"As to the in-game name, if they are a PC (steam player) then you would need the Steam64 ID as names are changeable on Steam and can be done instantly, so just having a Steam name is effectively useless. If they are on console the name is usually sufficient as it's much harder to change names on those platforms."
I’ll just leave it then. No point wasting my time trimming a video clip, uploading it to YouTube and then filing a report if it’s probably going to go nowhere.
Thanks for your help! 😇
Np. It was the same for me. Reporting costs so much time. Nobody should waste it, when its not effective.