How do you use mettle of man?

Like the title says how do you use mettle of man?

Comments

  • Is this a question of "how is it used" or "how do you use it"?

    If the first, you take three hits for other survivors. Can be M1 attacks, hatchets, corrupt purge, chainsaws, etc. After taking three hits for other survivors you will have a permanent borrowed time as long as you are injured.

    If the second, I would like to try to save MoM until the endgame so I can commit to the exit gates or take hits for injured players running to the gate. MoM is also the best counter to Rancor and NOED as long as you are already injured. If I don't make it to the endgame, then I'll use both Dead Hard and MoM to have an incredibly lengthy chase, allowing my teammates to heal, save, do gens, etc.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Is this a question of "how is it used" or "how do you use it"?

    If the first, you take three hits for other survivors. Can be M1 attacks, hatchets, corrupt purge, chainsaws, etc. After taking three hits for other survivors you will have a permanent borrowed time as long as you are injured.

    If the second, I would like to try to save MoM until the endgame so I can commit to the exit gates or take hits for injured players running to the gate. MoM is also the best counter to Rancor and NOED as long as you are already injured. If I don't make it to the endgame, then I'll use both Dead Hard and MoM to have an incredibly lengthy chase, allowing my teammates to heal, save, do gens, etc.

    Important thing to note, the survivor you're protecting has to be injured.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000072#Comment_2000072

    Important thing to note, the survivor you're protecting has to be injured.

    Should honestly be changed.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Is this a question of "how is it used" or "how do you use it"?

    If the first, you take three hits for other survivors. Can be M1 attacks, hatchets, corrupt purge, chainsaws, etc. After taking three hits for other survivors you will have a permanent borrowed time as long as you are injured.

    If the second, I would like to try to save MoM until the endgame so I can commit to the exit gates or take hits for injured players running to the gate. MoM is also the best counter to Rancor and NOED as long as you are already injured. If I don't make it to the endgame, then I'll use both Dead Hard and MoM to have an incredibly lengthy chase, allowing my teammates to heal, save, do gens, etc.

    It's also a good combo with Breakout for the stacking ! It's a perk I'd like to have, so I patiently wait for it to appear in the Shrine.

    I think bringing a medkit, and Dead Hard/Breakout/Vigil/Mettle of Man would be pretty good ! Maybe replace Vigil with Borrowed Time.

    @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000072#Comment_2000072

    Important thing to note, the survivor you're protecting has to be injured.

    And if think this is wrong ! The perk's text says "After triggering 3 protection hits" but nothing is said about an injured survivor to protect.

  • I usually end up throwing games to get it to trigger but sometimes it’s worth it

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000072#Comment_2000072

    It's also a good combo with Breakout for the stacking ! It's a perk I'd like to have, so I patiently wait for it to appear in the Shrine.

    I think bringing a medkit, and Dead Hard/Breakout/Vigil/Mettle of Man would be pretty good ! Maybe replace Vigil with Borrowed Time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000220#Comment_2000220

    And if think this is wrong ! The perk's text says "After triggering 3 protection hits" but nothing is said about an injured survivor to protect.

    True protection hits only trigger after protecting injured survivors.

    Try with WGLF, same result.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000497#Comment_2000497

    True protection hits only trigger after protecting injured survivors.

    Try with WGLF, same result.

    I learn things everyday, even after 850 hours in the game. I checked it, and yeah, my apologies.

    Protection hits only trigger when hit by a killer carrying a survivor, or when hit by a killer chasing an injured survivor.

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000072#Comment_2000072

    It's also a good combo with Breakout for the stacking ! It's a perk I'd like to have, so I patiently wait for it to appear in the Shrine.

    I think bringing a medkit, and Dead Hard/Breakout/Vigil/Mettle of Man would be pretty good ! Maybe replace Vigil with Borrowed Time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000220#Comment_2000220

    And if think this is wrong ! The perk's text says "After triggering 3 protection hits" but nothing is said about an injured survivor to protect.

    I typically bring Dead Hard, MoM, Self-Care, and WGLF.

    Dead Hard to preserve MoM for as long as possible.

    MoM cuz duh.

    Self-Care to heal, both to take more hits for people and so I'm not injured if I already have MoM ready to go.

    WGLF since I'll be taking hits, I'll be getting more points.